Windows 10: Extending Monitor

Discus and support Extending Monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have just bought a PC and I am wanting to extend the monitor to another monitor, however when I go to do this my PC informs me that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Whiston11, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Whiston11 Win User

Extending Monitor

Hi all,

I have just bought a PC and I am wanting to extend the monitor to another monitor, however when I go to do this my PC informs me that the only display is my graphics card and does not pick up any monitors. How do I solve this?

:)

Whiston11, Jun 23, 2019

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 23, 2019
  3. extending monitors

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

solote allow two monitors but here I leave this possible solution

Step 1

Connect a monitor to the normal video card, using the necessary cable (DVI, VGA or HDMI). This will be the main screen, so place it directly in front of your computer's cabinet.

Step 2

Connect the second monitor to the alternative port of the video card, and then restart the computer. The PC will automatically detect the second monitor.

Step 3

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the second monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop on this screen" checkbox.

Step 4

Connect the third monitor to your original video card (if it has three outputs) or to another video card, and then restart the computer one more time.

Step 5

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the third monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop to this screen" checkbox

regards...

MiguelChiappori, Jun 23, 2019
  4. L33_01 Win User

Extending Monitor

Unable to extend monitor display

Hi Jay Jap,

thanks again for your reply.

I checked the screen resolution settings through windows and then through the Nvidia graphics cards.

Windows detected both monitors but Nvidia settings didn't.

I downloaded and installed the Nvidia drivers again and it's working fine. Simple solution, not sure why I had to install the drivers again? But thanks for your help, your suggestion to check if the monitors were being detected prompted me that it had to
    be a graphics card issue.

L33_01, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Extending Monitor

1. Extending Monitor - Similar Threads - Extending Monitor

2. How do I extend the desktop to three monitors in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I extend the desktop to three monitors in Windows 11?: I have a three-monitor setup: one monitor is built into my laptop, one is connected via the laptop's HDMI port, and the third is connected via a USB to HDMI extender. All 3 monitors are recognized when I go into display setting, and I can see my desktop on all three monitors....
  3. How do I extend the desktop to three monitors in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I extend the desktop to three monitors in Windows 11?: I have a three-monitor setup: one monitor is built into my laptop, one is connected via the laptop's HDMI port, and the third is connected via a USB to HDMI extender. All 3 monitors are recognized when I go into display setting, and I can see my desktop on all three monitors....
  4. Not able to extend monitors on more than 3 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to extend monitors on more than 3 monitors: I have a hp pavilion x360 with Ryzen 5 with AMD Radeon graphics, I am able to extend monitors on 2 monitors but I have want 3rd monitors just to duplicate my laptop screen because it's too small so when I try to connect third monitor the whole layout glitches and one screen...
  5. Not able to extend monitors on more than 3 monitors

Not able to extend monitors on more than 3 monitors: I have a hp pavilion x360 with Ryzen 5 with AMD Radeon graphics, I am able to extend monitors on 2 monitors but I have want 3rd monitors just to duplicate my laptop screen because it's too small so when I try to connect third monitor the whole layout glitches and one screen...
  6. The Extended Monitor Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Extended Monitor Does Not Work: Hello.This problem began with a CCLeaner run. After I performed the scan/fix, the monitorssuddenly did not display.I did a factory reset and changed both the docking station and HDMI cables. Also purchased a 1-in, 2-out StarTech HDMI splitter. These efforts enable two...
  7. The Extended Monitor Does Not Work

The Extended Monitor Does Not Work: Hello.This problem began with a CCLeaner run. After I performed the scan/fix, the monitorssuddenly did not display.I did a factory reset and changed both the docking station and HDMI cables. Also purchased a 1-in, 2-out StarTech HDMI splitter. These efforts enable two...
  8. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  9. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  10. external monitor turns off when trying to change to extended mode

external monitor turns off when trying to change to extended mode: I changed my external motinor refresh rate to too high and now extended mode doesnt work. when i try to extend my displays it automaticaly turs to laptop display and main display shows LOST SIGNAL. O duplicate mode everything works fine. I think I have to reset refresh rate...