Windows 10: extending monitors

Discus and support extending monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 additional monitors connected to my pc, when I try to extend the display to the 3 one in advanced display settings says its not active, how do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AL EDINGER, Oct 8, 2018.

1. extending monitors

I have 2 additional monitors connected to my pc, when I try to extend the display to the 3 one in advanced display settings says its not active, how do I make all 3 displays active?

:)

AL EDINGER, Oct 8, 2018

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 8, 2018
  3. using a monitor to extend my screen

Hi Lou,

There are several possible reasons why your LCD monitor suddenly stopped working. It could be that the graphic driver is outdated or could be the cable used is already damaged.

For us to isolate this problem, we would like to ask the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates?

In the meantime, please try the following suggestions and see if your laptop will detect the LCD monitor:

• Update the graphic card driver. Check out Update drivers in Windows 10 for the steps.
    • Use another cable. Try using another VGA cable to connect the LCD monitor to the laptop.
    • Connect the LCD monitor to another computer. To help us isolate the issue, try connecting the LCD monitor to a different computer.

Please let us know how it goes. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 8, 2018
  4. AminSaad Win User

extending monitors

Extending display to multiple monitors

I have 4 monitors that I would like to connect to my laptop and extend display. I can't seem to find anything that will allow me to do this. My laptop doesn't have a docking station. Any suggestions?

AminSaad, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

extending monitors

1. extending monitors - Similar Threads - extending monitors

2. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  3. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  4. external monitor turns off when trying to change to extended mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external monitor turns off when trying to change to extended mode: I changed my external motinor refresh rate to too high and now extended mode doesnt work. when i try to extend my displays it automaticaly turs to laptop display and main display shows LOST SIGNAL. O duplicate mode everything works fine. I think I have to reset refresh rate...
  5. external monitor turns off when trying to change to extended mode

external monitor turns off when trying to change to extended mode: I changed my external motinor refresh rate to too high and now extended mode doesnt work. when i try to extend my displays it automaticaly turs to laptop display and main display shows LOST SIGNAL. O duplicate mode everything works fine. I think I have to reset refresh rate...
  6. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?: My extended display monitor is dimmed. It was just working fine a few days ago and then today the brightness won’t adjust. I’ve tried rollbacks, I’ve tried different plugs, and I’ve tried different applications. Nothing has worked. Can someone please tell me what to do?...
  7. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?: My extended display monitor is dimmed. It was just working fine a few days ago and then today the brightness won’t adjust. I’ve tried rollbacks, I’ve tried different plugs, and I’ve tried different applications. Nothing has worked. Can someone please tell me what to do?...
  8. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?: The monitors do not have buttons, and when i click the action center it only changes on my laptop. When I disconnect my laptop and attempt to turn the brightness down on the monitor the brightness bar is completely greyed out, as in I cannot change anything. Windows 10....
  10. How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?

How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?: The monitors do not have buttons, and when i click the action center it only changes on my laptop. When I disconnect my laptop and attempt to turn the brightness down on the monitor the brightness bar is completely greyed out, as in I cannot change anything. Windows 10....