Windows 10: Extending my c:

Discus and support Extending my c: in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a surface laptop from Microsoft and had them to create partitions in my machine. I just realised they have allocated only 30 gigs for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BikramKhatri, May 1, 2020.

1. Extending my c:

Hello,

I bought a surface laptop from Microsoft and had them to create partitions in my machine. I just realised they have allocated only 30 gigs for my c: which is not enough. I tried extending it but unfortunately c: is sitting on the end of the partitions and empty space is on the left. I don't have any data to worry about. Just want to extend c: to 60gigs. I can not go to the store now for asking help. Please help. Here is t he snap of my partition. Extending my c: [​IMG]

:)

BikramKhatri, May 1, 2020

2. How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, May 1, 2020
  3. Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, May 1, 2020
  4. -xKevin- Win User

Extending my c:

How to extend C partition

I don't understand stemp 2. What's the volume number for C:? What do I put for [size=<size>]?

-xKevin-, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Extending my c:

1. Extending my c: - Similar Threads - Extending

2. Any way to get rid of this bar, using my tablet as wireless extended display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to get rid of this bar, using my tablet as wireless extended display: [ATTACH] Casual use and work mode it's not a problem. I'm usually not clicking up there. But when I'm gaming if I click on it, it minimizes the game. Annoying especially if you're in the middle of some action submitted by /u/ElGrandrei [link] [comments]...
  3. i am having an issue when my pc runs for an extended period of time or when im gaming my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am having an issue when my pc runs for an extended period of time or when im gaming my...: I have an amd Ryzen 5500 CPU and amd 6600 GPU, when I'm gaming for about an hour and a half or even if my pc has just been idling for an extended period of time it will start to glitch and freeze, sometimes it will crash completely and others it will go black for a few...
  4. i am having an issue when my pc runs for an extended period of time or when im gaming my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am having an issue when my pc runs for an extended period of time or when im gaming my...: I have an amd Ryzen 5500 CPU and amd 6600 GPU, when I'm gaming for about an hour and a half or even if my pc has just been idling for an extended period of time it will start to glitch and freeze, sometimes it will crash completely and others it will go black for a few...
  5. Can't create partion and extend volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create partion and extend volume: I have 4tb hdd and i have only 2tb partion and other part is unusable i can't create simple volume and extend existing volumeScreenshot 1Screenshot 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-partion-and-extend-volume/14dd4e68-e852-477a-a3d3-72af8a80920c
  6. Can't create partion and extend volume

Can't create partion and extend volume: I have 4tb hdd and i have only 2tb partion and other part is unusable i can't create simple volume and extend existing volumeScreenshot 1Screenshot 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-partion-and-extend-volume/14dd4e68-e852-477a-a3d3-72af8a80920c
  7. Can't create partion and extend volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot: I have all the bootcamp drivers installed and windows was booting just fine before tli extended the c drive btw when i try to boot just a black screen no logo no nothing Bootcamp with MPB mid 2014...
  9. Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot

Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot: I have all the bootcamp drivers installed and windows was booting just fine before tli extended the c drive btw when i try to boot just a black screen no logo no nothing Bootcamp with MPB mid 2014...
  10. How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?: I was extending my C drives space and I followed a youtube tutorial. I shrinked my D drive and extracted 30 GB space from it and created a new volume E. Then I Ctrl+C : Ctrl+V 'ed Copied my contents in D Drive to newly created volume. Now I formated the D drive after that I...