Windows 10: Extending Primary Partition

Discus and support Extending Primary Partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I noticed my recovery partition was eating up a good 24 GB of my SSD, so I deleted it in Disk Management. However, the Extend Volume option on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brickman, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Brickman Win User

Extending Primary Partition

Hi. I noticed my recovery partition was eating up a good 24 GB of my SSD, so I deleted it in Disk Management. However, the Extend Volume option on the primary partition is greyed out, so I am still unable to access the unallocated 24 GB. What must I do to as these 24 GB to my primary partition?

:)

Brickman, Aug 18, 2020

2. Extending partitions

For some reason there's a 5gb unallocated space on my Velociraptor and I can't seem to extend it on the primary partition. And I thought disk management was a phail.

spearman914, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Brickman Win User

Hi. I noticed my recovery partition was eating up a good 24 GB of my SSD, so I deleted it in Disk Management. However, the Extend Volume option on the primary partition is greyed out, so I am still unable to access the unallocated 24 GB. What must I do to as these 24 GB to my primary partition?

Brickman, Aug 19, 2020
  4. CDdude55 Win User

Extended Partition?

I have one drive in Primary Partition(Has the OS on it). And i just got another HDD and set it up in Extended Partition. But was does that exactly do? And will it effect me from upgrading like the CPU or Video Card?

CDdude55, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Extending Primary Partition - Similar Threads - Extending Primary Partition

2. Primary Disk Partition Can't extend without making it a Simple Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary Disk Partition Can't extend without making it a Simple Volume: I have made a question before on how to change the Simple Volume back into a Primary Partition and they said I had to format which I did and it is now a Primary Partition but I want to remove that empty space and join it with the 1.6 TB partition but when I do so I get this...
  3. Primary Disk Partition Can't extend without making it a Simple Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary Disk Partition Can't extend without making it a Simple Volume: I have made a question before on how to change the Simple Volume back into a Primary Partition and they said I had to format which I did and it is now a Primary Partition but I want to remove that empty space and join it with the 1.6 TB partition but when I do so I get this...
  4. Unable to extend partition

Unable to extend partition: I am aware that the unallocated space must be immediately after the partition that I want to extend. The default Windows application cannot move partitions, and I prefer not to use third-party apps.I want to implement the solution provided here first answer. But in my case,...
  5. Unable to extend partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to extend partition: I am aware that the unallocated space must be immediately after the partition that I want to extend. The default Windows application cannot move partitions, and I prefer not to use third-party apps.I want to implement the solution provided here first answer. But in my case,...
  6. deleting primary partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting primary partition: is it okay if i delete the healthy primary partition?931gb i need more space but im scared my pc wont boot if i delete it help pls thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-primary-partition/fadbe3b4-8c55-4c12-8bad-32a7db253aa8
  7. deleting primary partition

deleting primary partition: is it okay if i delete the healthy primary partition?931gb i need more space but im scared my pc wont boot if i delete it help pls thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-primary-partition/fadbe3b4-8c55-4c12-8bad-32a7db253aa8
  8. Extend partition

Extend partition: [img] I am planning to replace my HDD with an SSD. I will image the HDD and then restore to the SSD. I have a OEM Recovery partition that I would like to delete after the image has been restored to the SSD. However, I would then like to move the 980MB and extend my C drive...
  9. Extend Disk partition

Extend Disk partition: Hi i want to extend disk my c drive with a free 48 gb space. but i cannot do that. The extend option is greyed out and i cannot also delete the free disk space. pictures of it are bellow. Please help me increase the disk space. Thank you.[ATTACH]...
  10. merge primary partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    merge primary partitions: I have three partitions on this device. I want to merge two of them into one. The partitions are the system restore partition, a Windows 7 boot partition, and a Windows 10 boot partition. [ATTACH] If I select the Windows 7 boot partition ('OS') and try to delete it so...