Windows 10: Extending space on C drive

Discus and support Extending space on C drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Question: my disc manager space distribution looks like this: i.e., print screen below. On Disc 1 I would like to extend "C" using the space from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cor ad Cor Loquitur, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Extending space on C drive

My Question: my disc manager space distribution looks like this: i.e., print screen below. On Disc 1 I would like to extend "C" using the space from New Volume J . Is this possible? Disc 1 is a solid state 1TB. I am not sure if this can be done! Can you please advise me? Thank you!CAC Loquitur

:)

Cor ad Cor Loquitur, Aug 7, 2022
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Aug 7, 2022
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 7, 2022
  4. Ruz San Win User

Extending space on C drive

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CExtending space on C drive :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

Extending space on C drive

1. Extending space on C drive - Similar Threads - Extending space drive

2. Cannot extend c drive with unllocated space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot extend c drive with unllocated space: I have 100 gb unllocated space but the extend volume on c drive is still greyed out. I have no recovery partition in this unlocatted space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-extend-c-drive-with-unllocated-space/c23048f8-9207-4f0e-a356-bb6e8a6979f9
  3. Problem with extending space on C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with extending space on C Drive: I was trying to extend the C drive on my hard disk. For that, I made an empty drive next to it and 'deleted the volume' to create unallocated space. However, after doing that, the disk shows its status as 'Free Space', not as 'Unallocated Space'. Therefore I couldn't extend...
  4. Problem with extending space on C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with extending space on C Drive: I was trying to extend the C drive on my hard disk. For that, I made an empty drive next to it and 'deleted the volume' to create unallocated space. However, after doing that, the disk shows its status as 'Free Space', not as 'Unallocated Space'. Therefore I couldn't extend...
  5. Problem with extending space on C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

Can't extend C drive with unallocated space: I have a problem with extending the space on my C drive, I've already tried using Disk Management and I've also watched videos on Youtube. I noticed that the D drive and C drive were on the same disk on every video and that mine were on different drives. I feel like I've made...
  7. Extending space on C drive

Extending space on C drive: My Question: my disc manager space distribution looks like this: i.e., print screen below. On Disc 1 I would like to extend "C" using the space from New Volume J . Is this possible? Disc 1 is a solid state 1TB. I am not sure if this can be done! Can you please advise me?...
  8. Extending space on C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending space on C drive: My Question: my disc manager space distribution looks like this: i.e., print screen below. On Disc 1 I would like to extend "C" using the space from New Volume J . Is this possible? Disc 1 is a solid state 1TB. I am not sure if this can be done! Can you please advise me?...
  9. extend c drive storage space

extend c drive storage space: c drive has fixed storage i:e 38 gb,now how to extend my storage data in c drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-c-drive-storage-space/b1ccba02-2e20-4360-acf5-94cefeb6890b
  10. Extending disk space in drive c

Extending disk space in drive c: I want to extend my disk space in c but in the disk management I have a healthy oem partition in between which I can't delete or is it ok to delete this partition? So how to increase the disk space in c? here is the screenshot of the allocated disk space: [ATTACH]...