Windows 10: Extending the disk.

Discus and support Extending the disk. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot extend my c drive, its not showing the extend option even after many tries. It shows something disk 0 partition 4 of 745mb healthyrecovery. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lakshman.palli, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Extending the disk.

I cannot extend my c drive, its not showing the extend option even after many tries. It shows something disk 0 partition 4 of 745mb healthyrecovery. I don't know for what it is useful to. I even tried using power shell i witness those below . My disk c is full, can anybody help me out..

Extending the disk. f1132d40-728f-4ca3-9cf6-d0a5c7cad41d?upload=true.jpg Extending the disk. a481c3a6-6946-4892-9588-8fe2843b134e?upload=true.png

:)

lakshman.palli, Jul 17, 2020

2. Extend Volume in disk managment not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to follow the exact steps mentioned below and check if you are able to perform the action.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".

• In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu

• Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up
      space.
    Check if it helps.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 17, 2020
  3. How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Jul 17, 2020
  4. -xKevin- Win User

Extending the disk.

How to extend C partition

I don't understand stemp 2. What's the volume number for C:? What do I put for [size=<size>]?

-xKevin-, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Extending the disk.

1. Extending the disk. - Similar Threads - Extending disk

2. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  3. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  4. Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk: Hi - I use Windows 10 and am trying to get more space on my C: drive to try and improve performance and more importantly prevent messages telling me there's not enough free space to do system updates etc... I'm following the instructions in this although confusingly this is...
  5. Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk: Hi - I use Windows 10 and am trying to get more space on my C: drive to try and improve performance and more importantly prevent messages telling me there's not enough free space to do system updates etc... I'm following the instructions in this although confusingly this is...
  6. Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk

7. How can I extend a drive when Extend Volume in Disk Management is greyed out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I extend a drive when Extend Volume in Disk Management is greyed out?: Windows 10I had two partitions on my computer C and D, I want to delete D and Extend C to include the space in D.I followed the instructions for using Disk Management and deleted the D Drive, when I went to extend the C drive 'Extend Partition' is greyed out....
  8. How can I extend a drive when Extend Volume in Disk Management is greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I extend a drive when Extend Volume in Disk Management is greyed out?: Windows 10I had two partitions on my computer C and D, I want to delete D and Extend C to include the space in D.I followed the instructions for using Disk Management and deleted the D Drive, when I went to extend the C drive 'Extend Partition' is greyed out....
  9. How can I extend a drive when Extend Volume in Disk Management is greyed out?

10. Why I can't extend my other than C: drives with my unallocated disk space

Why I can't extend my other than C: drives with my unallocated disk space: Hi there, I've recently removed one of my useless and empty drives, Consequently, that space became unallocated and the only drive I was able to extend was C:For Your Information: It was total of 3 drives including CIn another word: after deleting that drive which now I have...