Windows 10: Extending to dual external monitors on Surface Laptop 3

Discus and support Extending to dual external monitors on Surface Laptop 3 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm thinking about purchasing 2 external monitors 2x Dell 27 USB-C - P2722HE to use with my Surface Laptop 3 USBC 3.1, so that i can extend the 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielLees1, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Extending to dual external monitors on Surface Laptop 3

I'm thinking about purchasing 2 external monitors 2x Dell 27 USB-C - P2722HE to use with my Surface Laptop 3 USBC 3.1, so that i can extend the 2 monitors via daisy chaining. USBC to USBC between the laptop and the first monitor, and then Displayport to Display port between the two monitors. This would avoid the need for any dock.I have seen several users highlight issues in extending the display of the Surace Laptop 3 and i wanted to ask the community if my proposed solution presents any issues. Note i want to extend the displays - not simply duplicate them.

:)

DanielLees1, Aug 29, 2021
  2. AJMazza Win User

Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Aug 29, 2021
  3. Qumar_-_ Win User
    External monitors extending issue.

I am trying to connect 6 external monitors to my laptop running on windows 10. I am using DVI-D dual-link to HDMI cable to connect the monitors to the HDMI splitter and HDMI to HDMI cable to connect the splitter to the laptop. There
    is just one problem when I am extending the screens, the external monitors seem to duplicate themselves rather than extend. So instead of 1 to 7 for all monitors combined, all my laptop only detects 1 and 2. 1 being my laptop and 2 being all the other external
    6 monitors. That means that all the external monitors showing me the same thing as in they duplicate and not extend. Any suggestion on it can be fixed so all the external monitors become the extension of my main laptop and do not duplicate?

Qumar_-_, Aug 29, 2021
  4. Extending to dual external monitors on Surface Laptop 3

Dual monitors with the surface 3

I purchased a surface 3 in July and just updated it. I have a dual monitor adapter and have the setup plugged in correctly (I think) the display is showing the same thing on all 3 screens (surface monitor and 2 additional monitors). How do I get the
    displays to show different things? I am a novice so anything helps.

mitchsessions, Aug 29, 2021
Thema:

Extending to dual external monitors on Surface Laptop 3

1. Extending to dual external monitors on Surface Laptop 3 - Similar Threads - Extending dual external

2. Surface Pro 3 as an extended screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 3 as an extended screen.: I have a Dell Inspiron 16 operating with Windows 11 and want to use my Microsoft Surface Pro 3, also using Windows 11 as an extended screen. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Dell support and they couldn't get it done. They claim my Surface Pro lacks an app to make this...
  3. Surface Pro 3 as an extended screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 3 as an extended screen.: I have a Dell Inspiron 16 operating with Windows 11 and want to use my Microsoft Surface Pro 3, also using Windows 11 as an extended screen. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Dell support and they couldn't get it done. They claim my Surface Pro lacks an app to make this...
  4. Problem extending Surface Laptop 4 to dual-displays.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem extending Surface Laptop 4 to dual-displays.: Hello I am trying to extend the display on my Surface Laptop 4 to two external monitors Lenovo Thinkvision / Dell P2417H.I am using a Port Connect Professional Docking Type C Travel 2 X 4K. I am using HDMI inserted into monitors to DP inserted into dock cables to connect...
  5. Problem extending Surface Laptop 4 to dual-displays.

Problem extending Surface Laptop 4 to dual-displays.: Hello I am trying to extend the display on my Surface Laptop 4 to two external monitors Lenovo Thinkvision / Dell P2417H.I am using a Port Connect Professional Docking Type C Travel 2 X 4K. I am using HDMI inserted into monitors to DP inserted into dock cables to connect...
  6. Making dual external monitors extend across each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making dual external monitors extend across each other: Just migrated from a Windows 10 to a Windows 11 Surface pro 9. Have two external monitors on a dock. Settuings/Devices sees the three monitors, will let me duplicate monitors 2 and 3, but will not let me extend across 2 and 3??...
  7. Making dual external monitors extend across each other

Making dual external monitors extend across each other: Just migrated from a Windows 10 to a Windows 11 Surface pro 9. Have two external monitors on a dock. Settuings/Devices sees the three monitors, will let me duplicate monitors 2 and 3, but will not let me extend across 2 and 3??...
  8. Second monitor for Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor for Surface laptop 3: Hi there, I have a Surface Laptop 3 and am trying to connect it to a second monitor. On the settings page, the "detect" button does not detect a second display. I am trying to connect to a Dell monitor, model 2208WFPt, through VGA, using a VGA to Micro USB adaptor. Any ideas...
  9. External monitors extending issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitors extending issue.: I am trying to connect 6 external monitors to my laptop running on windows 10. I am using DVI-D dual-link to HDMI cable to connect the monitors to the HDMI splitter and HDMI to HDMI cable to connect the splitter to the laptop. There is just one problem when I am extending the...
  10. Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor: Hi All, Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and...