Windows 10: extending windows c

Discus and support extending windows c in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to make more space on my windows c: volume by using unallocated space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilliamCourage1, Jun 20, 2020.

1. extending windows c

I want to make more space on my windows c: volume by using unallocated space

:)

WilliamCourage1, Jun 20, 2020

2. How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Jun 20, 2020
  3. -xKevin- Win User
    How to extend C partition

I don't understand stemp 2. What's the volume number for C:? What do I put for [size=<size>]?

-xKevin-, Jun 20, 2020
  4. extending windows c

Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

extending windows c

1. extending windows c - Similar Threads - extending

2. How to extend ssd c dr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to extend ssd c dr: I am trying to extend my 500 g drive to an external 4 t drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-ssd-c-dr/65a0f46c-e636-4852-a729-216e08bc7260
  3. How to extend ssd c dr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to extend ssd c dr: I am trying to extend my 500 g drive to an external 4 t drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-ssd-c-dr/65a0f46c-e636-4852-a729-216e08bc7260
  4. Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?: Hello, I still use Windows 10 to this day because it makes me feel nostalgic, and 75% of my countrymen use it because it is the best these are their words, not mine. So i'll be very happy to accept my suggestion :...
  5. Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?

Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?: Hello, I still use Windows 10 to this day because it makes me feel nostalgic, and 75% of my countrymen use it because it is the best these are their words, not mine. So i'll be very happy to accept my suggestion :...
  6. Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSC 2021 21H2 extended end date, end of support, Janaury 13, 2032

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSC 2021 21H2 extended end date, end of support, Janaury 13, 2032: As the windows 10 builds reach the end of support or retirement, Microsoft should promote, Windows 10, IOT Enterprise, LTSC, 2021, 21H2, that reaches its end of life and end of servicing on Janaury 13, 2032. This would delay, 240 million, PC's heading for the landfill. Why to...
  8. Windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSC 2021 21H2 extended end date, end of support, Janaury 13, 2032

Windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSC 2021 21H2 extended end date, end of support, Janaury 13, 2032: As the windows 10 builds reach the end of support or retirement, Microsoft should promote, Windows 10, IOT Enterprise, LTSC, 2021, 21H2, that reaches its end of life and end of servicing on Janaury 13, 2032. This would delay, 240 million, PC's heading for the landfill. Why to...
  9. The Extended Monitor Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Extended Monitor Does Not Work: Hello.This problem began with a CCLeaner run. After I performed the scan/fix, the monitorssuddenly did not display.I did a factory reset and changed both the docking station and HDMI cables. Also purchased a 1-in, 2-out StarTech HDMI splitter. These efforts enable two...
  10. The Extended Monitor Does Not Work

The Extended Monitor Does Not Work: Hello.This problem began with a CCLeaner run. After I performed the scan/fix, the monitorssuddenly did not display.I did a factory reset and changed both the docking station and HDMI cables. Also purchased a 1-in, 2-out StarTech HDMI splitter. These efforts enable two...