Windows 10: extension cable

Discus and support extension cable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I would like to ask your opinion regarding the purchase of a new extension cable . I've already consulted a video buying guide on but I'd like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CorrinawZbiko, Sep 2, 2019.

1. extension cable

Hello
    I would like to ask your opinion regarding the purchase of a new extension cable
    . I've already consulted a video buying guide on but I'd like to know the right model and brand ideal if you've ever been in my place.
    Thanks in advance for your answers.

:)

CorrinawZbiko, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Anibor Win User

USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable

"USB 3.1" can mean USB 3.1 Gen. 1 (5 Gbit/s), or USB 3.1 Gen. 2 (10 Gbit/s). The cable you posted about in #3 is described as 10 Gbit/s compatible and its length es 1 m, which is consistent with a Gen. 2 cable. (In the current terminology, it seems that "3.1" is not used anymore, now is 3.2 Gen. 1/2).

What I suggested was to try a "Gen.1" cable, since the hub is Gen.1. Among others, I found this in Amazon, which is 2.0 m long, therefore Gen. 1:

USB C Extension Cable,Stouchi USB Type C Male to Female Fast Charging & Audio Data Transfer Cable Compatible for Nintendo Switch, Thunderbolt 3 MacBook Pro, Google Pixel 2 2 XL 3(6 FT)

The Satechi hub is also listed in Amazon, you could post a question about extension cables.

Anibor, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Sep 2, 2019
  4. zigilii Win User

extension cable

Extension cable for CR-200

Hi,

I love my CR-200 charger, but now extension cable (CA-223) is broken and built-in cable is too short.

Where I can have new extension cable without buying entire charger set?

Thanks!

zigilii, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

extension cable

1. extension cable - Similar Threads - extension cable

2. Windows 10 1903: files won't show extension

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1903: files won't show extension: I did a clean installation of Windows 10 1903 last week. Now, I can't see file extensions. Under File Explorer Options, I have unchecked "hide extensions for known file types". Still, file extensions won't show. I have also unchecked "hide protected system files". Yet, they...
  3. Windows 10 - Show default extension icon instead of default application icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Show default extension icon instead of default application icon: I edited my regedit registry to asign an extension a default custom icon. For example the .js extension. In HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.js key I added a new value called DefaultIcon pointing to the path where my icon is located. I also went to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/JSFile/DefaultIcon...
  4. Can I create a file extension that does nothing (is ignored)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I create a file extension that does nothing (is ignored)?: I want to create a file extension that does nothing/is ignored. I don't want to be prompted with a choice of Apps with which to open it, or to go to the Microsoft store to find an app. I want the system to do NOTHING. The reason - I want to leave a comment in the startup...
  5. Google Mail Checker extension for Chrome: Why is it always grayed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Mail Checker extension for Chrome: Why is it always grayed out?: Hi all. I've been using this extension for quite a while, and so many times it is grayed out with a "?" where the number of new emails should be. Does anyone know why it does this, or how often it checks for mail? It's very inefficient to have to manually go to the Gmail...
  6. Infected by ransomware having .lapoi extension. Need help to decrypt.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Infected by ransomware having .lapoi extension. Need help to decrypt.: Split from this thread. My laptop was infected by ransomware having .lapoi extension.I back up all my files and reinstall the system. I need help to decrypt my file with .lapoi extension...
  7. Interpunct after file extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Interpunct after file extension: Hello A lot of image files and video files have interpunct after the file extension. If I try to open the file, it does not open. Even if I remove the dot/interpunct from the file extension then it still does not open. I have a lot of important data in my hard drive and I...
  8. Can I use USB extension cable with USB 3.0 thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I use USB extension cable with USB 3.0 thumb drive: I have a USB extension cable that came with a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse. It's about 6 feet long. The color of the "tongue" inside the USB connectors is white (not blue, which usually denotes USB3.0). I want to use it to make it easier to swap USB3.0 thumb drives...
  9. USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable

USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable: I purchased the Satechi USB Type-C hub for my PC. My motherboard has a Type-C connector on the rear I/O. The hub works fine if I connect it directly to the port but the cable is only 12" so I purchased a USB 3.1 Type -C male to female extension cable. But Windows gives me a...
  10. usb 2.0 extension cable length

usb 2.0 extension cable length: I need to extend my usb cable and I can get 15 foot extension cables. What will happen when I plug my usb device that has its own 5 foot cable into the 15 foot cable? Will it fail? USB is limited to 5 meters? I have 3 usb devices. GPS, Keyboard, Mouse to plug in. Each...