Windows 10: Extension INF drivers - when and how are they uninstalled?

Discus and support Extension INF drivers - when and how are they uninstalled? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everybody, now that I finally know why several drivers are installed in the device manager for some devices with/for the same device ID*, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Martin Fessler, May 3, 2020.

1. Extension INF drivers - when and how are they uninstalled?

Hello everybody,

now that I finally know why several drivers are installed in the device manager for some devices with/for the same device ID*, the question arises how these Extension INFs are managed.

For example, I have an Intel UHD 620 which has been getting extensions via Windows Update from time to time - there are already 5 pieces that have accumulated.
    Even after a new driver also received from WU nothing changed - the extensions are still used, according to the events in the device manager.

Are the extension drivers "dragged along" forever?
    Or should they be uninstalled from an extension update or driver update?

Thanks and greetings,
    Martin

* If you ask yourself that too - I can recommend a good video:
    https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/WinHEC/WinHEC-Online/Understanding-Extension-INFs-and-Component-INFs

:)

Martin Fessler, May 3, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Extension INF drivers - when and how are they uninstalled? :confused:

oli_ramsay, May 3, 2020
  3. Display Driver Will Not Uninstall/INF Not Found When Trying To Install

On my 5870M, I am trying to upgrade to CCC 11.11, but I am running into some issues. First off, when I try to uninstall my current drivers (11.9), it will not uninstall my display driver. CCC uninstaller gets to the driver, then just loops there for however long I leave it. Next issue I am having is installing the new driver. If I try to install over, or if I use genetix cleaner in safe mode to uninstall, I get the infamous INF file not found. From what I have seen, this is usually due to driver cleaner, which I have never used, and prior to this, I never even used genetix cleaner. Even if I go to device manager and point the graphics card to the INF folder under ATI/Support, I get an error of "no graphics driver available." I am running Windows 7 x64.

SP3CIALAG3NTBOB, May 3, 2020
  4. Extension INF drivers - when and how are they uninstalled?

PhysX Driver that Works on all Capable GPUs to be out by August

The drivers should work... I'd suggest throwing it to Pagalms or the GTX 260/280 teaser driver thread... I know there is a list somewhere for it. All you need is the modded .inf file. But, Driver 177.66 don't need the modded .inf... Just go to Guru3d and grab them and install.

Cold Storm, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Extension INF drivers - when and how are they uninstalled?

1. Extension INF drivers - when and how are they uninstalled? - Similar Threads - Extension INF drivers

2. oem41.inf incompatible driver wdcsam64_pre2win8.sys how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    oem41.inf incompatible driver wdcsam64_pre2win8.sys how to fix: Does anyone have a solution that works? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem41inf-incompatible-driver-wdcsam64pre2win8sys/8d93cc79-860d-49f1-acc3-539b38cb5aed
  3. oem41.inf incompatible driver wdcsam64_pre2win8.sys how to fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oem41.inf incompatible driver wdcsam64_pre2win8.sys how to fix: Does anyone have a solution that works? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem41inf-incompatible-driver-wdcsam64pre2win8sys/8d93cc79-860d-49f1-acc3-539b38cb5aed
  4. *.inf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    *.inf: Not able to run autorun.inf from pen drive automaticallyThe file association for *.inf is with notepadPlease Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inf/ec7aaf08-ca92-4066-8639-9ca9d02aa364
  5. How to uninstall drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to uninstall drivers: I have an ALFA AWUS 036ACH wireless adaptor with windows drivers installed on it. I have tried everything in control panel to somehow get rid of these drivers but I can’t find a format or uninstall option anywhere. submitted by /u/ZedEss1 [link] [comments]...
  6. Please Help How can i remove or uninstall this driver .inf ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help How can i remove or uninstall this driver .inf ?: this driver isn't available / visible in device manager , how can i remove or uninstall this , is there any cli option to uninstall / remove this from my pc ! https://i.postimg.cc/gkQS0sy1/Screenshot-17.png submitted by /u/Ben_Copper [link] [comments]...
  7. Driver updates via Windows Update, more and more Extension Infs.

Driver updates via Windows Update, more and more Extension Infs.: Hello everybody, I noticed that e.g. for Intel UHD drivers which are updated via Windows Update, more and more extension drivers are added. Other hardware (such as Realtek Audio) have also some extension drivers, but here they are at least replaced instead of accumulated....
  8. How to uninstall a driver that manually installed by right-clicking on INF file?

How to uninstall a driver that manually installed by right-clicking on INF file?: I installed an UBS filter driver as it couldn't be installed the official driver package. So it also cannot be uninstalled through the Windows uninstallation function and I have to manually uninstall it. I heard of a solution about manual uninstallation made by inf...
  9. Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an...
  10. Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an extension to remove it from Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7,...