Extension of W10 preview expiry date

Discus and support Extension of W10 preview expiry date in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi there I can't see Ms ending the W10 preview program on Apr 15 - especially if they now project to release W10 in Q3 or even Q4 of 2015. That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Jan 21, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

I can't see Ms ending the W10 preview program on Apr 15 - especially if they now project to release W10 in Q3 or even Q4 of 2015. That would mean many (I believe over 100,000's of users - far beyond Ms's expectations) people having to wait MONTHS again before having another effort with W10.

It would make 100% sense to allow the W10 preview expiry date to overlap the introduction of the final (released) W10 and keep the generally well received reception W10 has had so far. W7 introduction and previews overlapped for several months if I remember rightly.

I certainly don't want to have to stop W10 testing for a few months and then do the whole kybosh over again. Also it would be in Ms's interest to do this to iron out any bugs that get slipped out in the final release -- no OS can ever be 100% correct and work on every possible computer out there with all the hardware differences that exist.

Hopefully some sort of W10 update imminently.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 21, 2015
  2. Kapil Arya MVP Win User

Windows is activated but says it will expire?

Hello,

Since you've upgraded the preview version to RTM build, you're getting an expiry date. You need not to worry about it, since Microsoft will release a newer build before expiry date reaches. The newer build you'll receive then will automatically extend expiry
    date beyond.

Hope this answers your query :)

Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 21, 2015
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Trouble with Windows 10 activation after reinstallation

with the latest build (10586) you should be able to use your windows 7 or windows 8 key to activate windows 10.

All insider previews have an expiry date, if you did not originally upgrade
    from a genuine qualifying product to the insider build then the RTM would be treated as just another build, with an expiry date.

Martmcd, Jan 21, 2015
  4. paulsalter Win User

Hi,
    Not done pre release testing for MS before but my thoughts where that the expiry would be on what was being tested
    eg
    Technical Preview/Consumer Preview will run from Nov to April 15
    after that we will get the beta of the final version, this will run from April to sometime September (ish), about the time of official release

paulsalter, Jan 21, 2015
  5. IownAmoneyPit Win User
    IownAmoneyPit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Extension of W10 preview expiry date - Similar Threads - Extension W10 preview

1. Picture extensions not recognized in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture extensions not recognized in Windows 10: Okay after installing some stuff into my computer, and messing up my pictures registry, and trying out Regedit exe, my Windows 10 no longer recognizes pictures for what they are, instead i get this message [img] [img] I thought at first this was a issue with GIMP2....
  2. Inline installations of Chrome extensions no longer possible

in Windows 10 Support
    Inline installations of Chrome extensions no longer possible: Google today confirmed that it is working on banning installations of Chrome extensions from third party websites. The software giant allowed users to install the Chrome extensions from third party websites for its Google Chrome web browser. But now the company plans to stop...
  3. Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users: We strive to ensure choice and transparency for all Chrome users as they browse the web. Part of this choice is the ability to use the hundreds of thousands of extensions available in the Chrome Web Store to customize the browsing experience in useful and...
  4. Extensive list of changes in 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Extensive list of changes in 1803: See: Windows 10 April update (1803) megathread : Windows10 for possibly the longest list around? 111937
  5. How to show LNK extension?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show LNK extension?: Hi! I want to show links extension LNK. Some Explorer replacements allowing it. How to enable showing LNK extension? Thank you for help. Miro 111886
  6. My Chrome Extension Thing Went Away

in Windows 10 Support
    My Chrome Extension Thing Went Away: I posted the wrong way a few posts ago, thought it would go at beginning.... About the contrast thing (read all about it in previous post) Had the Chrome Ext. thing for the contrast, turned comp off, and it's gone. Now cant get it back, keeps saying a problem with download,...
  7. W10 Testing New Long Path Extension Tips?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Testing New Long Path Extension Tips?: Hey guys, I upgraded to Win 10 today and had enabled the Long Path in Group Policy to see if its really true that Windows 10 can go beyond the 260 char limit. But When I tried copying a folder from my computer to my Sea Gate external drive, it wouldnt copy still and had...
Extension of W10 preview expiry date solved