Windows 10: Extensive Start Menu Metro Area Setup Disappeared

Discus and support Extensive Start Menu Metro Area Setup Disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Extensive Start Menu Metro Area Setup Disappeared. Before: [ATTACH] After: [ATTACH] It took me a long time to work out the Start Menu Metro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rafisher1, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Rafisher1 Win User

Extensive Start Menu Metro Area Setup Disappeared

My Extensive Start Menu Metro Area Setup Disappeared.

Before:

Extensive Start Menu Metro Area Setup Disappeared 7d3ba130-e139-4597-8160-8e6b3ef76872?upload=true.jpg

After:

Extensive Start Menu Metro Area Setup Disappeared c1626f6f-5da6-402b-bafc-2c3ef8784435?upload=true.jpg

It took me a long time to work out the Start Menu Metro area setup to support the different types of work I do.

Now it is gone. Just like the new Skype, Yet another Microsoft Product causing me to waste my time.

Ok - rant over.

I have recent a bootable copy of Win 10 on a SSD, so my question is where is the setup stored in Win 10?

If I can find it, I can copy it and paste it over the current setup in the internal drive.

:)

Rafisher1, Aug 8, 2019
  2. nora.e Win User
    nora.e, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Start menu disappeared

I tried all the suggested steps without any improvement. What's next?

RonUmhoefer, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Extensive Start Menu Metro Area Setup Disappeared

Start menu, cortana, notification area and metro apps won't work on build 10586

Hi Giovanni,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

This issue might occur if your Windows 10 operating system is not updated to the latest build.

I suggest you top try updating your system to the latest Windows 10 build and check if it helps.

The latest Windows 10 build is Build 14257.

Follow the below steps, to update your system to the latest build.

• Type settings in the Search area on the taskbar and select Settings.

• Select Update and Security.

• Click on Windows Update and select
      Check for Updates.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Extensive Start Menu Metro Area Setup Disappeared

1. Extensive Start Menu Metro Area Setup Disappeared - Similar Threads - Extensive Start Menu

2. Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu: [ATTACH] I just recovered my Windows and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-of-metro-apps-disappeared-from-start-menu/bf0baa33-41c0-46bc-a5f4-b201b2faadad
  3. start menu disappeared

start menu disappeared: My list on the start menu list is gone how do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-disappeared/6666a5e1-2833-4dd1-b448-11b015e4587f
  4. my start menu disappeared

my start menu disappeared: Is there a simple fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menu-disappeared/f8c0e2dd-41e7-4ff0-a2ae-c32d330d7f01
  5. Start menu and Edge disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu and Edge disappearing: The mid October I went to click on the tray icon for Edge and it disappeared (leaving a blank location). The next time I clicked on the start menu icon it paused then popped up with the "Critical Error_ Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you...
  6. Icons on start menu disappears

Icons on start menu disappears: Hi! I'm having an issue where some the icons of the programs/apps I have pinned in the start menu disappears. Usually it's the chrome icon missing but it can change and be different ones every time I restart the computer. The icon shows up again after I select properties...
  7. Start menu icons disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons disappear: Some-to-most of my start menu icons keep disappearing. There's still a box there and if I hover over it, it will identify, and I can open the program by clicking on it. But the icon itself is gone. 112866
  8. Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal

Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal: I used to have the scripts that are listed all over the web within my Win10 deployment and it worked wonderfully. But now, it's not. And i'm not sure why. What's happening is, the metro apps are being removed, but their shortcuts i guess are staying behind. And as for...
  9. Antivirus / Windows 10 / Start Menu, Metro Apps, Context menu issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus / Windows 10 / Start Menu, Metro Apps, Context menu issues: Hi I wondered if anyone out there has had a similar experience to me... For some weeks now I have had problems where the START MENU wouldn't launch, metro apps (OneDrive, Tweetium, Money, News etc) would fail to launch (just a blank window up), right mouse clicks...
  10. Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore: I am using Windows 10 for around 2 days now. But today my computer freezed while playing a game, so i restarted my computer and when i logged in, the start menu,notification menu and metro apps would not open anymore. Whats is happening? 10416