Windows 10: External 1TB hard drive(Iomega - seagate inside) RAW drive - HELP

Discus and support External 1TB hard drive(Iomega - seagate inside) RAW drive - HELP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and post that It was working fine without any issues. I have two external drive connected to it. 1. 1 TB Iomega... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by livetodrive, Sep 17, 2015.

1. External 1TB hard drive(Iomega - seagate inside) RAW drive - HELP

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and post that It was working fine without any issues. I have two external drive connected to it.

1. 1 TB Iomega powered drive. - now RAW
    2. 2TB seagate external drive.

The 1tb drive suddenly became RAW and I wasn't able to access it. before it happened, I had removed some virus detected in the drive by the AVG antivirus. Post that once or twice it got disconnected and after that the drive became RAW. I understand the file system might have got corrupted since couple of times my system faced powercuts and before I could shut it down the system cut off from electricity as my UPS died on me.

I haven't formatted the disk at all, as I have all my important data in this HD as it was my backup drive for office and personal use.

Disk Management: shows the drive is RAW but a healthy Partition.

I opened the hard drive casing, tried connecting the drive directly to the internal sata cable but the same didn't read even then and still shows as RAW drive. I got a Storite USB to SATA adapter and tried that, the drive is now running fine(as it sounds) with intermittent kind of noise (clicking etc.,) for sometime and then disappears. After directly connecting the drive atleast the below softwares are able to read the data in the drive but unable to recover it.

I have tried recovering data using the below softwares.

1. EaseUS DAta recovery - took too much time to complete reading - 17% in more than 24 hours- stopped it.
    2. M3 DAta recovery - tried fixing the boot sector but failed finally.
    3. Stellar Windows data recovery - keeps on reading.
    4. Remo Recover - this atleast was able to give me a folder list and complete view of the files inside the drive but then I wasn't able to recover any files as they weren't opening or recovered from the drive.
    5. Icare data recovery - took too much of time reading it but couldn't recover anything.
    5. Test Disk - trying Now - last hope now.

My Questions:

In Test Disk 7.0
    1. The 1tb drive is a single partition. but Test disk identifies 4 of them as below,
    " * "
    " P "
    " P "
    " P "

I understand the " P " stands for Primary and " * " stands for boot sector.
    How do I fix this boot sector for NTFS boot sector ? what is the right way to do it ? I dont want to do some irrepairable damage to the disk.

2. What are the chances of data recovery in this situation?
    3. Should I try anything else as well?

Note:
    It was my backup drive, so I badly need to recover the IMPORTANT data as much as possible.

Any help in guiding me is greatly appreciated. PLEASE HELP !!

:)

livetodrive, Sep 17, 2015
  2. DanLeahy Win User

iOmega Prestige external hard drive andf Windows 10

I have an iOmega Prestige external hard drive, model iomega34807, 320gb. I recently purchased an HP laptop with windows 10. I found out my Seagate external drive is not supported (about 4 years old), but what about the iOmega drive? Thanks.

DanLeahy, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Bob 1942 Win User
    seagate external drive

I have a Freeagent Goflex 1TB external drive by Seagate, windows 10, and an ACER all-in-one PC with a 1TB hard drive. What do I need to do to get Win10 to see the external drive? I use it for backup and the backup part of the control panel says the Seagate
    is disconnected.

Bob 1942, Sep 17, 2015
  4. External 1TB hard drive(Iomega - seagate inside) RAW drive - HELP

My recommendation is to use Active@Data Recovery Pro. I had a drive fail a while back (same "raw" situation) and of several data recovery apps, this was the only one that was able to recover most of the files and folders. It took nearly a day to do the in-depth scan, but it was worth it in the end.

Mark Phelps, Sep 17, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    +1000. Used that program myself too. Think it cost me $50 way back when I used it.

NavyLCDR, Sep 17, 2015
  6. Hello livetodrive,

I would strongly recommend that you run the manufacturer diagnostics tool on this HDD. What you are experiencing could be a result of a problem with the file system, bit it could also be a sign of a failing HDD. In the first case running data recovery software would hardly do any damage, but if the HDD is starting to fail running multiple times data recovery software will cause more damage. Make sure to check exactly what situation you are in, If you are dealing with a failing HDD you might have to use the services of a professional data recovery services. Good luck.

TechpumpkinWD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

External 1TB hard drive(Iomega - seagate inside) RAW drive - HELP

1. External 1TB hard drive(Iomega - seagate inside) RAW drive - HELP - Similar Threads - External 1TB hard

2. Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive: Drive won't be recognized by Windows 10. Toshiba states it's because of a windows 10 update. How do I remedy this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-1tb-external-hard-drive/c97c98c0-f558-41d9-9099-f8690942888e
  3. iomega external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iomega external hard drive: hi help needed. my windows 10 laptop cant seem to find my iomega drive after updating windows. can I get help from someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iomega-external-hard-drive/4bfd6cf7-f00d-4aa3-ad75-4251313ddc8e
  4. iomega external hard drive

iomega external hard drive: How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my iomega drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iomega-external-hard-drive/f077c105-c7a8-4604-8b26-625c47b56747
  5. how do i exchange one seagate external hard drive for another seagate external hard drive...

how do i exchange one seagate external hard drive for another seagate external hard drive...: Every time I try to do it, it keeps giving me error messages like Those files are open in another system. or if I try to remove the old Seagate so I can attach a new one it says error. I just want to put the new one on and tell it to receive the backup files....
  6. Reformating Seagate 1TB USB External driveds

Reformating Seagate 1TB USB External driveds: I have a 1TB Seagate USB external hard drive I'm trying tor reformat to exFat file system to use data storage on a Chromebook. The disk worked perfectly for more than five years using NTSF file system before I tried to reformat it. It was in formatting stage for for about six...
  7. Seagate External Hard Drive not working

Seagate External Hard Drive not working: I have been trying for several months to understand why my external drive is not working, there are no drive lights flashing although it is humming. I have checked it all out in Device Manager, etc and it recorded as healthy and running correctly. In frustration I have...
  8. Seagate External Hard drive Decryption

Seagate External Hard drive Decryption: My Seagate Expansion Portable Drive (1 TB) was encrypted in Microsoft Windows 10. When I tried to decrypt it and removed password, Initially, it was removed. but when i plugged it in again in PC, it started asking for password / recovery key. I am using the same key which was...
  9. Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive

Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive: I have an Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive that I cannot get to connect to my new computer. What do I need to do to get it to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/iomega-1tb-external-hard-drive/5860dd62-9401-40e1-9671-23a6f9939118
  10. How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?

How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?: I am new to the forum. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but hoping someone here can direct me or might know. I purchased a 1TB hard drive to place media files on it so that I could plug it into my DVD player which has a USB port. I made sure to...