Windows 10: External 3.0 USB Driver Error

Discus and support External 3.0 USB Driver Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; External USB 3.0 continues to give me a "Driver Error" and will not let a Toshiba External Drive start. Has anyone had this problem. Check driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FloydBox, Oct 14, 2019.

1. FloydBox Win User

External 3.0 USB Driver Error

External USB 3.0 continues to give me a "Driver Error" and will not let a Toshiba External Drive start. Has anyone had this problem. Check driver version and it says current drive is ok. Have had no problems until just recently can't determine which Windows update my have caused problem.

:)

FloydBox, Oct 14, 2019

2. USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Oct 14, 2019
  3. USB 3.0 Question

That is the add in I have. I got it off the CM store. They also list an adapter, but I've yet to see it listed as in stock and can't seem to find any others.

mastrdrver, Oct 14, 2019
  4. External 3.0 USB Driver Error

RW external driver installed and windowns 10 delivers an "error driver" message, aitomatic fix did NOT work, any suggestions?

Hi Erasmo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Sorry to hear that you are facing an issue with the external drive.
    Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

• Did you check if this external drive is working fine with other system?
    • Did you check by connecting to the different USB drive?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to try the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on search bar next to Start Menu.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the USB driver for the computer and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows and X together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Universal Serial Bus Controller and expand the driver icon.

• Right Click on all the USB driver icon and select
      Uninstall
    Restart the computer. After restarting the computer, USB driver will automatically be installed.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

External 3.0 USB Driver Error

1. External 3.0 USB Driver Error - Similar Threads - External USB Driver

2. USB 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB 3: Somebody fixed my USB 3 ports With the May 2023 Driver. They haven’ worked correctly for more than a year and several driver updates. Thanks a lot! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3/68c903ad-082d-4aef-8c7d-a40abdfca86c
  3. USB 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3: Somebody fixed my USB 3 ports With the May 2023 Driver. They haven’ worked correctly for more than a year and several driver updates. Thanks a lot! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3/68c903ad-082d-4aef-8c7d-a40abdfca86c
  4. Issues with USB Driver on Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with USB Driver on Surface Book 3: Hi, the usb receiver on my mouse stopped working. Device manager shows errors on:Surface SMF Client DriverSurface USB HubSurface UCM UCSI HID ClientUpdating drivers doesn't work says its already installed. I have uninstalled the devices and re-installed and still have the...
  5. Issues with USB Driver on Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with USB Driver on Surface Book 3: Hi, the usb receiver on my mouse stopped working. Device manager shows errors on:Surface SMF Client DriverSurface USB HubSurface UCM UCSI HID ClientUpdating drivers doesn't work says its already installed. I have uninstalled the devices and re-installed and still have the...
  6. Code 0 Error In Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Code 0 Error In Audio Driver: CODE 10 Error, not 0* I figured might as well post here. I've looked at all the solutions I could find, none of them have helped me resolve my problem. It started with my USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting after updating Windows (I updated as I had...
  7. External USB Bluetooth and Driver Problem.

External USB Bluetooth and Driver Problem.: I get the following message when I set up my external USB bluetooth and driver: Device USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8771\00E04C239987 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_091E&PID_0B89\5&14e58fb7&0&2 Class Guid:...
  8. USB External Drives (3 different types) no longer working

USB External Drives (3 different types) no longer working: Windows 10 x64 (up to date) here. MSI X570 Carbon Wifi Ryzen 3700X GTX 1080ti I have three different external USB drives which are suddenly no longer working. -1 WD My Book 2TB (keeps restarting, disconnects/reconnects as soon as you connect the USB) -1 SanDisk Extreme...
  9. USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.: USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3. In a partitioned drive it only shows one partition. With thumb drives it works okay. I posted this last week but I was hit by scammers, that`s why I`m posting again. Thanks in advance....
  10. Can't access drives in external USB 3 enclosures

Can't access drives in external USB 3 enclosures: Ever since I switched over to my new Windows 10 PC, I haven't been able to access my external USB 3.0 enclosures. They are all 4-disk enclosures by IcyDock (Black Vortex). On my old Windows 7 PC, all I had to do was turn it on and all 4 drives were detected via USB 3. Now on...