Windows 10: External 3TB Drive broken?

Discus and support External 3TB Drive broken? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday I received an external 3TB drive from a friend of mine. It worked perfectly after I formatted it. Just this morning, after restarting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrMcSnapple, Feb 12, 2019.

1. External 3TB Drive broken?

Yesterday I received an external 3TB drive from a friend of mine. It worked perfectly after I formatted it. Just this morning, after restarting my computer( for an update), it wouldn't open. Whenever I try to do anything with it, it gives me this error. As I said, it worked perfectly before the update. Sometimes it won't even show up in the file explorer. (for anyone curious, the folder labeled "Wendy-Chan" is my Discord bot.) External 3TB Drive broken? e88cbd63-50ab-4a87-8590-ba87a88510f3?upload=true.png

:)

MrMcSnapple, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Grownman Win User

Win 7 showing 746gb for 3tb drive?

I recently purchased a WD 3TB green internal hardrive for backups. Upon booting into windows, the drive only shows 746gb's.

I've already gone into device manager and updated the Nforce Serial ATA and the bios shows 3000. (I assume that is for the 3tb's?)

I am not trying to install windows on the drive, but just use it as another drive for backup needs.
    I have tried to go to disk management and format the drive but it will not allow me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Backup - WD 2TB Black
    Backup - External WD 2TB elements
    *Backup - WD 3TB Green

Grownman, Feb 12, 2019
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External 3TB Drive broken?

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

External 3TB Drive broken?

1. External 3TB Drive broken? - Similar Threads - External 3TB Drive

2. Broken WindowsApp folder in external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken WindowsApp folder in external drive: So I have the game pass and I'm trying to find out what's been blocking me from installing it to my external drive. Long story short I use to be able to, but recently became incapable of it, only to find a windowsapp folder on the drive that's empty and with no stated owner....
  3. Broken WindowsApp folder in external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken WindowsApp folder in external drive: So I have the game pass and I'm trying to find out what's been blocking me from installing it to my external drive. Long story short I use to be able to, but recently became incapable of it, only to find a windowsapp folder on the drive that's empty and with no stated owner....
  4. Broken WindowsApp folder in external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External Hard Drive Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Broken: My external hard drive broke very suddenly, things work when it isn't plugged in, but when plugged in file explorer only stays on 'working on it' all of the downloads to it have disappeared and don't show up anymore also when I open my computer it wont start until it is...
  6. External Hard Drive Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Broken: My external hard drive broke very suddenly, things work when it isn't plugged in, but when plugged in file explorer only stays on 'working on it' all of the downloads to it have disappeared and don't show up anymore also when I open my computer it wont start until it is...
  7. External Hard Drive Broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. External hard drive broken/corrupted?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard drive broken/corrupted?: [ATTACH] External hard drive shows up as local disk. When I click on it, the drive gets stuck on loading and makes my computer slow down. Crashes if I click anywhere on file explorer. I can't even turn on my computer when the external hard drive is plugged in. When it's...
  9. Transferring 3TB

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Transferring 3TB: Hi, I use windows 10 and I have a folder about 3TB (important data), I need to copy it from my PC to my new Laptop (using LAN). I am wondering , data loss will occur while trying to copy the whole folder at once in one folder (my Laptop)? OR just transferring part after part...
  10. 3tb drive works in win7, win 10 no.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3tb drive works in win7, win 10 no.: I have this drive working fine in win7 on the same PC. I formatted it as GPT, and win7 sees the entire 3tb space and is usable. I copied many gb of video files onto the drive. I boot win10 with this drive, it does not appear in file manager. disk management shows the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. terrabite drive broken