Windows 10: External Audio Issue

Discus and support External Audio Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have Windows 10 running and have a pair of PH805 headphones with built in mic ALSO have audio-technica boom mic which is what I want to use. Cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by theresalibrie, Mar 23, 2021.

1. External Audio Issue

Have Windows 10 running and have a pair of PH805 headphones with built in mic ALSO have audio-technica boom mic which is what I want to use. Cannot seem to get things to mesh. The mic on the headset was overriding the boom mic. I have gone into the sound settings and made adjustments there but none seem to be permanent. I've had to install the audio drivers for the PH805 twice. Icons go missing from the sound settings.... Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

ANY HELP Appreciated.

:)

theresalibrie, Mar 23, 2021
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

External audio device

Hi Zarif,

The difficulty that you're experiencing may be caused by corruption in system files or an audio driver issue. For us to isolate the problem, we would like to know the following:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you tried updating or uninstalling/reinstalling your audio driver? If you haven't, kindly do so.
    • Do you also encounter the same problem when connecting the external audio devices to another PC?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, we recommend that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. This program will try to diagnose and resolve the issues that it finds. To do this, follow these steps:

1. In the search field on your taskbar, type in Troubleshooting, then press
    Enter.

2. On the left panel, select View all.

3. Click Hardware and Devices.

4. Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest using the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool
    . This tool scans and repairs the damaged and corrupted system files on your computer.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Audio 'dip' issue with Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues while listening to certain audios.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: I suggest you to run an audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method2: Uncheck the enhancement feature in sound options.

• Press X from the key board and select control panel.
    • Select sounds under control panel.
    • Go to advance setting and uncheck the enhancement feature and check if that helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be

Sudharshan M K, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

External Audio Issue

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

External Audio Issue

1. External Audio Issue - Similar Threads - External Audio Issue

2. Issue with audio output external speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with audio output external speaker: Hi, recently moved to windows 11 and Bose speaker which worked prior, W 10, and works with any other time, just not teams. Uninstalled driver, and updated. Worked for an hour, then quit. I do not want to buy a new speaker as it works with other applications, and how do I know...
  3. Issue with audio output external speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with audio output external speaker: Hi, recently moved to windows 11 and Bose speaker which worked prior, W 10, and works with any other time, just not teams. Uninstalled driver, and updated. Worked for an hour, then quit. I do not want to buy a new speaker as it works with other applications, and how do I know...
  4. no audio with external headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no audio with external headset: i have never tried a headset. when i plug it in the sound still comes out of the speakers. i don't see an appropriate categorydell is useless.how do i fix this?...
  5. no audio with external headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no audio with external headset: i have never tried a headset. when i plug it in the sound still comes out of the speakers. i don't see an appropriate categorydell is useless.how do i fix this?...
  6. no audio with external headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. External Audio

External Audio: Hello, I have run into a huge issue on my Dell Inspiron 7706 2n1 laptop. Whenever I plug in my headphones, and play audio, there is nothing but a loud hissing noise. At first I thought it was an issue with my headphones, but after pugging in a different pair, I think it's a...
  8. no audio to external speaker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no audio to external speaker: sound from external speakers not working, just from PC laptop speaker. Was working fine until recently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-to-external-speaker/5076e7fb-74d7-48ca-97ea-b049318280f8
  9. External monitor audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    External monitor audio: I'm using a laptop with an external monitor. During online chat, when I share a video from the external monitor the audio from the external monitor can't be heard by the other party....
  10. external audio

external audio: My laptop ( Dell 5755 ) has no audio, and I have tried, with support and without, to get the sound back with no success. I am now trying to pair a wired external speaker and can't get it to pair. Any ideas or possible solutions? Thanks a bunch. Tom...