Windows 10: external audio

Discus and support external audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop ( Dell 5755 ) has no audio, and I have tried, with support and without, to get the sound back with no success. I am now trying to pair a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tommy {L}., Sep 8, 2018.

1. external audio

My laptop ( Dell 5755 ) has no audio, and I have tried, with support and without, to get the sound back with no success. I am now trying to pair a wired external speaker and can't get it to pair. Any ideas or possible solutions? Thanks a bunch.

Tom

:)

Tommy {L}., Sep 8, 2018
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

External audio device

Hi Zarif,

The difficulty that you're experiencing may be caused by corruption in system files or an audio driver issue. For us to isolate the problem, we would like to know the following:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you tried updating or uninstalling/reinstalling your audio driver? If you haven't, kindly do so.
    • Do you also encounter the same problem when connecting the external audio devices to another PC?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, we recommend that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. This program will try to diagnose and resolve the issues that it finds. To do this, follow these steps:

1. In the search field on your taskbar, type in Troubleshooting, then press
    Enter.

2. On the left panel, select View all.

3. Click Hardware and Devices.

4. Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest using the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool
    . This tool scans and repairs the damaged and corrupted system files on your computer.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

external audio

Audio problem

Upon checking, HP Beats Audio is an application that was installed by the OEM (Orginal Equipment Manufacturer) of your computer. The HP Beats application may be connected to the audio driver of your computer. The audio driver of your computer may have an
    issue that is why the application is missing. We suggest that you re-install the audio driver of your computer to resolve the issue. Please take note that you need to unplug your external speaker before re-installing the audio driver. To do this, follow these
    steps:

• Right click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • On the Device Manager Window, double-click Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right the audio driver, and then select Uninstall.
    • On the Confirm Device Uninstall window, click the Delete the driver software for this device check box.
    • Click OK.
    • After uninstalling the audio driver, download the audio driver software of your computer. You can download it by visiting the support page of HP.
    • After downloading the audio driver software, run the installer.
    • Follow the prompts of the installer.
    • After re-installing the driver, check if you can access the HP Beats application and also check if your external speakers will work.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps above.

Argel Obm, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

external audio

1. external audio - Similar Threads - external audio

2. Windows audio is in 16 bits at 48khz, but I have an external sound card that works in 24...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows audio is in 16 bits at 48khz, but I have an external sound card that works in 24...: I have a Behringer UM2 sound card, which works in 24 bits at 48khz. When configuring the sound in Windows, the 24-bit options do not appear. When I work in my DAW, I can safely use 24 bits, but not in WindowsH8U5.png 499×456 imgbrr.coPS: Behringer works with Asio4All, but...
  3. Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.: I've had this problem for a long while now where my mic will not pick up my voice or any form of noise, I've recently gotten a new USB Headset and found the issue persisting along with a new addition of my mic picking up any output audio playing from my pc. I've tried many...
  4. Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.: I've had this problem for a long while now where my mic will not pick up my voice or any form of noise, I've recently gotten a new USB Headset and found the issue persisting along with a new addition of my mic picking up any output audio playing from my pc. I've tried many...
  5. BSOD Problem when Playing External Audio Clip?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Problem when Playing External Audio Clip?: You see, I've been getting quite a rare problem with my laptop. Occasionally, when I happen to play audio specifically an external/downloaded audio file, the laptop would just go into panic and play the BSOD.The BSOD is a bit sketchy in itself, and also quite scary...
  6. BSOD Problem when Playing External Audio Clip?

BSOD Problem when Playing External Audio Clip?: You see, I've been getting quite a rare problem with my laptop. Occasionally, when I happen to play audio specifically an external/downloaded audio file, the laptop would just go into panic and play the BSOD.The BSOD is a bit sketchy in itself, and also quite scary...
  7. 5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off

5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off: Hello. When using external acoustics through the 3.5 input, the speakers turn off after 5 seconds without playing sound. This causes noise in the acoustics similar if you just pull out the 3.5 plug. It feels like Windows 11 is doing this to save battery. This makes it...
  8. 5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off: Hello. When using external acoustics through the 3.5 input, the speakers turn off after 5 seconds without playing sound. This causes noise in the acoustics similar if you just pull out the 3.5 plug. It feels like Windows 11 is doing this to save battery. This makes it...
  9. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  10. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...