Windows 10: External backup drive not recognised in Macrium rescue environment

Discus and support External backup drive not recognised in Macrium rescue environment in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm hoping someone can help. I am using macrium reflect (the free version, ver 7.2 build 4971), which I like except for some problems. Unfortunately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jimminy, Aug 1, 2020.

1. jimminy Win User

External backup drive not recognised in Macrium rescue environment

I'm hoping someone can help. I am using macrium reflect (the free version, ver 7.2 build 4971), which I like except for some problems. Unfortunately Macrium does not allow help for free version users in their support forum. so I posted here on 10forums last week, before I knew about this subforum, which is much more appropriate.

I use Win 10 pro 2004, updated to latest status.

Here's the really weird problem:

First, note that I have 3 external drives (in enclosures with jmicron chipsets), which work perfectly in all situations, both normally booted and by booting the rescue media.

But I also have this dadburn new USB/SATA adapter which is the main problem. This adapter works fine in a normally booted windows 10 session. BUT, If I boot the macrium rescue flash drive (it's winRE based I believe), it DOES NOT see this adapter (used with any HDD or SSD attached). It DOES see it if plugged into USB 2 ports, but never with my USB 3 ports.

This adapter is a "Qicent" brand, model AD20U3 . It physically appears similar to Orico model 20UTS, and I think Qicent is just a brand owned by orico.

HWINFO shows this:
    Device Manufacturer: Norelsys
    Product Name: NS106X

I think Hwinfo is just reporting the chip inside the Qicent AD20U3 adapter.

Again, it works flawlessly in normally booted windows 10 session , but not with the macrium Winre rescue environment. I've tried adding all sorts of drivers to the macrium before creating the rescue usb flash drive, but I don't know which ones are important. I really don't know what I'm doing External backup drive not recognised in Macrium rescue environment :)

I would really appreciate anyone's help with this.

:)

jimminy, Aug 1, 2020
  2. jimminy Win User

External backup drive not recognised in window rescue environment

I'm hoping someone can help. I am using macrium reflect (the free version). They do not allow free version users in their support forum.

I use Win 10 pro 2004.
    Here's the weird problem:

I have 3 external drives (in enclosures with jmicron chipsets), which work perfectly in all situations.
    But I also have this new USB/SATA adapter which is a problem. The adapter works fine in a normally booted windows session. BUT, If I boot the macrium rescue flash drive (it's winRE I believe), it does not see this adapter (used with any HDD or SSD attached). It DOES see it if plugged into USB 2 ports, but not USB 3 ports.

This adapter is a "Qicent" brand. It physically appears similar to Orico 20UTS

HWINFO shows this:
    Device Manufacturer: Norelsys
    Product Name: NS106X

Again, it works perfectly in windows normally booted, but not with the macrium Winre rescue environment.

I would really appreciate anyone's help with this.

jimminy, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Ocman76 Win User
    Macrium Reflect PE Environment cannot detect Bitlocker Drives

I just checked and it appears to include the RAID driver!?

External backup drive not recognised in Macrium rescue environment [​IMG]

Ocman76, Aug 1, 2020
  4. scopio Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Worked out what the problem was with my external drive notbeing recognised. I looked under Device Manager > USB Controllers and there itwas listed with an exclamation mark with the error saying that "the driverfor this device is in memory" or words to that effect. I right clicked thecorresponding Mass Storage device and uninstalled it and then unplugged theexternal drive. I rebooted my desktop and plugged the external drive in againand it reinstalled its driver again and I am now able to use the external driveagain. External backup drive not recognised in Macrium rescue environment :)

scopio, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. External backup drive not recognised in Macrium rescue environment - Similar Threads - External backup drive

2. Macrium rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium rescue media: Hows everybody? I solved this in the past and cant recall exactly how I did it. The macrium rescue media tool cant detect the correct drivers for a usb 3.0 device. And this is win 7 era hardware. It says that winRE has built in support. Not. I had to install the drivers for...
  3. External backup drive not recognised in window rescue environment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External backup drive not recognised in window rescue environment: I'm hoping someone can help. I am using macrium reflect (the free version). They do not allow free version users in their support forum. I use Win 10 pro 2004. Here's the weird problem: I have 3 external drives (in enclosures with jmicron chipsets), which work perfectly in...
  4. Speed of Macrium backup using rescue media vs Macrium in win 10?

Speed of Macrium backup using rescue media vs Macrium in win 10?: I have done macrium reflect full backup in my windows 10 and it requires many hours to complete. Has anyone done a comparision of how much faster would it be if you do a macrium reflect full backup (whole windows 10 system and data) by using a rescue media vs doing a macrium...
  5. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  6. Macrium Rescue Drive vs Windows Recovery Drive

Macrium Rescue Drive vs Windows Recovery Drive: Is there any reason for me to create a Windows recovery USB drive if I already have a Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive and a set of solid images? If anything goes wrong I can always restore an image, so I’m not sure what additional protections a Windows recover drive would...
  7. Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure: Macrium rescue USB stick doesn't find the Precision Touchpad, rescue media loads without the cursor, I can not use the CD as my laptop doesn't have the DVD drive, any help is much appreciated. 68296
  8. Macrium: Rescue Media

Macrium: Rescue Media: Having turned to Macrium for daily backups, I have created a Rescue Media DVD. When testing to see if it would boot (as Macrium advise). I was unable to choose which of the options offered was correct. Attached is a clip of my boot menu with the DVD in its tray. Oddly, the...
  9. Backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive

Backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive: Whether partitioning of pen drive is required to keep backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive? 27742
  10. Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive

Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive: I want to have Macrium Rescue and windows backup in one pendrive. If I create two partition in my pendrive, first for rescue and other for keeping backup, is it possible. Because windows only recognize the first primary partition of the pendrive. Sorry found the answer in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium rescue external drive