Windows 10: External Backup Drive (see snip attached)

Discus and support External Backup Drive (see snip attached) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dell laptop, Win. 10, i7 intel processor, C: Drive SSD 250 Gb, F: Drive, 500 Gb external HDD backup. Computer often tells me I have insufficient space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WayMor, Jan 7, 2019.

1. WayMor Win User

External Backup Drive (see snip attached)

Dell laptop, Win. 10, i7 intel processor, C: Drive SSD 250 Gb, F: Drive, 500 Gb external HDD backup.

Computer often tells me I have insufficient space for a backup (scheduled for every day)."Manage Windows Backup Disk Space" confirms I have less space than required so I delete all previous backups except the last one. I have one System Image stored. I have eliminated all but the last "Restore Point". I can get 1 more backup but I have to do this often. Space Usage Summary says I have 141 Gb used for "OTHER FILES". Can anyone tell me what these files are. I cannot seem to get any info on them. If they are not needed in my backup I would like to delete them to give me more space Data File backups. I can reschedule backups less often but prefer no to. External Backup Drive  (see snip attached) 334d5e09-7531-45cd-b64a-d2a58ee8326b?upload=true.jpg

:)

WayMor, Jan 7, 2019
  2. JATownes Win User

Hard Drive / External Drive + Backups Configuration?

I run 2 500GB drives in RAID-0. (Seagate 7200.12 drives)

This is very good advice. I have lost my array once. *Mad External Backup Drive  (see snip attached) :mad: I backup weekly to an external, and also copy any important files (work data, game saves, pics, etc.) to my 500GB "personal" drive. So basically, I have an image of my Array saved to the external, and a copy of "My Documents" backed up to the internal 500GB.

Moral of the story: Definately backup often, whether running a RAID array or not. *Toast :toast:

JATownes, Jan 7, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jan 7, 2019
  4. External Backup Drive (see snip attached)

Hard Drive / External Drive + Backups Configuration?

Pickup a 2TB for internal use, use all above drives as external for periodic backup of the 2TB. That way you have the best of both worlds, backup and "speed".

JrRacinFan, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

External Backup Drive (see snip attached)

1. External Backup Drive (see snip attached) - Similar Threads - External Backup Drive

2. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive backup: Hello all, How do I backup windows 10 unto a hard drive? What am I looking for and cant see my dive displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-backup/ecc6172e-9317-4fa9-8755-7ee6726e446f
  3. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drive backup: Hello all, How do I backup windows 10 unto a hard drive? What am I looking for and cant see my dive displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-backup/ecc6172e-9317-4fa9-8755-7ee6726e446f
  4. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. backup to external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup to external drive: I want to backup my computer to an external drive. I have windows 10 in a partition on my MacBook Pro. when I go to backup it says "no usable drive found" even though I have my i-Portable plugged in...What do I need to do to make this work?...
  6. Backup to external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup to external drive: In the Backup section of settings, I click "backup now" and it doesn't back up. I have requested daily backups but my last one was 1 month ago. I am attempting to back up to an external drive. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drive backup: Hi, recently I bought a new computer dell Inspiron small desktop, I also own a "Toshiba external hard drive USB 3.0 USB devise", which I used to backup my previous desktop computer for years where I saved valuable files and documents. Now when I tried to open this devise in...
  8. Cannot see File History in backup to external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see File History in backup to external drive: Hello, I use a WD My Passport to do backups for my HP laptop. I use Windows 10 Home edition. When I did a backup recently, I did not see my File History in there. It just showed a System/Disk? image on the backup drive and some other file ending in .cat. I keep all of my...
  9. Backup to external drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup to external drive: People say to backup more so using Win10. Read some say to use other than Windows backup. If using such as Macrium Reflect. Would I need to create an Image of the whole drive on my laptop with my files/photos and system etc. So in the event of a failure/corruption etc, it...
  10. Backup to an external drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to an external drive.: How do I connect my networked computer to my router connected usb hard drive for backing up my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/backup-to-an-external-drive/7b876cf8-b372-4ffa-b599-0fbc5c0b1109