Windows 10: External blue-ray drive

Discus and support External blue-ray drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I want to play Blue-Ray DVD's and DVD's on my laptop. My laptop is an HP-Pavillion 15-cs1960nd. I have a blue-ray player, a Sony BPD-S4100,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rugops, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Rugops Win User

External blue-ray drive

Hello,

I want to play Blue-Ray DVD's and DVD's on my laptop. My laptop is an HP-Pavillion 15-cs1960nd. I have a blue-ray player, a Sony BPD-S4100, and I wonder if I can connect this to my laptop, is this possible?

Thanks,

Rugops

:)

Rugops, Jul 15, 2019

2. DVD/Blue Ray drive not recognised

Hello and thanks for the reply, here is an update, this was an install/upgrade from windows 7, so I presumed that all the required updates from windows were down loaded as required. Running "DriverAgent" has sugested that all drivers are upto date. The blue
    ray drive on windows 7 has been fine up until this point. Method 1 has been run with nothing sugested as an issue. Method 2. I get lost after point 3 this brings up "Program compatability Troubleshooter and the option to follow instructions, nothing to select
    drivers and install.

Following the link to update drivers suggests to run "wuapp" this brings up a dialogue box that says windows cannot find wuapp, so that does not work!

Device manager shows no yellow triangles.

I removed the drive and tried it in my pc I use for day to day also on windows 10 and the ASUS BC-12B1ST drive was recognised. I don't have a spare Blue Ray drive so tried a normal dvd drive in the pc that would not see the bule ray. After reboot it saw
    the dvd drive and payed a dvd. Replacing with the blue ray drive it did not see it, so I powered down and changed the sata port. On powering up the pc did a couple more updates and the drive was now seen in device manager. Very fustrating and I wasted a whole
    afternoon on the exercise. So all was good?

Saturday night is movie night and a new blue ray disk loaded for the evening, all was well until 1 hour into the film when the sound started becoming intermittent and then the picture blocky, then the famous but new "blue screen of death" and the pc crashed
    and then rebooted. Very disapointing and no real explanation.

I have checked the ASUS web site to see if there is a firmware update for the drive and there appears not to be one it is version 1.02, the driver which microsoft says is up to date is 21 June 06 10.0.10586.0 sound a bit old to me.

I am using cyberlink Power DVD 15 to play Blue Ray because the operation system does not support blue ray as far as I am aware?

I am happy to send any log file though someone will need to tell me how to.

Any thoughts woud be apperciated.

MartinDavies, Jul 15, 2019
  3. NOTABass Win User
    Blue Ray drive not showing in Windows 10

I can't do that because the Blue Ray D: drive is not there only the DVD E: drive which is working fine. I should have two drives listed under the device manager but only have one that is showing.

NOTABass, Jul 15, 2019
  4. NOTABass Win User

External blue-ray drive

Blue Ray drive not showing in Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 my LG blue ray drive is not showing up. I have two drives. One is the LG blue ray dual layer writer and the other is a generic DVD multi RW drive. Before the upgrade the LG blue ray was the primary D drive and the DVD was the
    secondary E drive. The DVD is showing up as the E drive in Windows 10 but no blue ray. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOTABass, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

External blue-ray drive

1. External blue-ray drive - Similar Threads - External blue ray

2. Blue ray on Windows 10 !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue ray on Windows 10 !: Is it really possible to play a Blue-ray DVD on Windows 10 without any other equipment ? I downloaded the "ANY DVD" from the Microsoft store which states it plays Blue-ray but no joy ! Over the years I have tried VLC and others but again no joy on my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP. It is...
  3. Blue ray on Windows 10 !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue ray on Windows 10 !: Is it really possible to play a Blue-ray DVD on Windows 10 without any other equipment ? I downloaded the "ANY DVD" from the Microsoft store which states it plays Blue-ray but no joy ! Over the years I have tried VLC and others but again no joy on my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP. It is...
  4. external blu-ray-usb2 or 3?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external blu-ray-usb2 or 3?: so, I'm looking to grab an external blu ray drive, question becomes, do I get a usb 2, or usb 3, drive? does the connectivity speed even matter here, considering most blu ray drives cant pump the data at speeds that need a usb 3 connection? second question...I have a budget...
  5. Blue ray drive not migrated

Blue ray drive not migrated: Blue ray drive not migrated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-ray-drive-not-migrated/0afc9c55-857f-400d-9c87-b6184578ce5e
  6. External Blu Ray drive not showing up in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Blu Ray drive not showing up in windows explorer: I plug in a LG portable super multi blue rewrite drive and is shows up in my computer, device manager, disk management however does not show in windows explorer. I can change the drive letter but it will not recognize the drive or blank Blu ray writable disk. I can insert...
  7. Blue Ray player

Blue Ray player: How do I connect an external Blu Ray player to my Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-ray-player/88bfd5b8-9002-47a9-9eaa-08b93aa33136
  8. Blue ray

Blue ray: What do I need to do to watch Blue ray movies I purchased. I have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-ray/d467fdaf-693d-4b22-bb18-2abb13f24622
  9. Blue ray player not recognized

Blue ray player not recognized: I plugged my LG blue ray writer into my new Windows 10 laptop Asus ROG and I get nothing. Computer does not recognize it. I tried rebooting computer with writer already plugged in and still nothing. It is probably an easy fix, but, I am stuck. Any suggestions?...
  10. DVD blu ray drive

DVD blu ray drive: 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW This is disgustingly slow when picking up CD,s dvds, and then asking me what I want to do with it. When I click on setup.exe for example, it takes about 30-40 seconds to 'wind up' and run. It must be the drivers. Its not win 10,...