Windows 10: External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.

Discus and support External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got the 'USB Device Not Recognized' message last week while trying to plug in my external drive, it doesn't show up in file explorer, none of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Monstermaster, May 4, 2021.

1. External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.

I got the 'USB Device Not Recognized' message last week while trying to plug in my external drive, it doesn't show up in file explorer, none of the files have been deleted and as far as I know it is recoverable. Can someone help with this one? Mine is 10586.122 and version 1551.

:)

Monstermaster, May 4, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 5, 2021
  3. Tim1901 Win User
    File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive

I plugged an external "A" drive into my computer via a USB port with File Explorer open. The "A" drive shows up, but only for about 2 seconds and then it goes away. I changed USB ports and it does the same. I checked Device Manager under "Floppy Drives"
    and it shows the "A" drive connected. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!!

Tim1901, May 5, 2021
  4. gegjr Win User

External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.

External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer.

External drives show twice in file explorer

In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one?

According to support this isn't a flaw. I consider it to be a design flaw. The second appearance of the usb connected D drive is NOT under libraries.
    External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer. 241fbafc-73d0-4cf8-b63d-4e4d8edbb5e6?upload=true.png

gegjr, May 5, 2021
Thema:

External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.

1. External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer. - Similar Threads - External Drive doesn't

2. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  3. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  4. External Hard Drive not showing up in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive not showing up in File Explorer: I have an external hard drive that I can't get to show up in the file explorer, I can see the drive in disk management though. I was thinking the drive doesn't have a letter assigned to it so maybe that's the problem but it won't let me give it one or change it from disk...
  5. External hard drive doesn't show up in File Explorer

External hard drive doesn't show up in File Explorer: I have an external hard drive that doesn't show up in File Explorer. It does show up in the settings area under Bluetooth and Other Devices. I've been reading online how to resolve this and have seen that possibly a drive letter is not assigned so have tried to go to Disk...
  6. External Drive not showing up in File Explorer/Disk Management

External Drive not showing up in File Explorer/Disk Management: Hello, I have a Seagate external drive that isn't showing up on my PC. Windows makes a sound when I connect it, but it's not showing up in File Explorer and Disk Management. I've tried using a different cable one that works and connecting it to a different USB port, but it...
  7. File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive

File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive: I plugged an external "A" drive into my computer via a USB port with File Explorer open. The "A" drive shows up, but only for about 2 seconds and then it goes away. I changed USB ports and it does the same. I checked Device Manager under "Floppy Drives" and it shows the "A"...
  8. External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't...

External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't...: External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't recognise it, how do I get the DVD to play? I'd also like to be able to use it as i did when i had one internal?? Thank you for any help!!...
  9. du[plicate external drive showing up in file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    du[plicate external drive showing up in file explorer: du[plicate external drive showing up in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-external-drive-showing-up-in-file/4160f493-796c-4b75-b191-dad4ec94c0b9"
  10. Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer

Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer: [ATTACH]My 1 TB hard drive doesn't show up in the file explorer despite me being able to see it in device manager and the defragmenter software in windows 10. I don't want to format my hard drive because it has alot of my personal files and i don't have another computer to...