Windows 10: External devices simply show up as "Eject Device" in the eject device menu.

Discus and support External devices simply show up as "Eject Device" in the eject device menu. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/huckpie [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/huckpie, Nov 7, 2019.

1. External devices simply show up as "Eject Device" in the eject device menu.

/u/huckpie, Nov 7, 2019
  2. trodas Win User

USB device eject annoying message

Classic USB device, like a classic keychain flash drive, remove from my Windows 2000 SP4 open always this window:

External devices simply show up as "Eject Device" in the eject device menu. USB_device_remove.jpg

Even I use the sync.exe utility ( Windows Sysinternals - Windows Sysinternals ) with parameters "sync.exe -r -e" with flush and eject the drive. Then I think it is safe to eject the USB device, since I already forced all the data to be written on the device before removing it.

Yet still the message appear.

Any ideas how to disable it?

trodas, Nov 7, 2019
  3. fpefpe Win User
    Eject Device Icon

Hello -- I am having issue getting the "eject device" icon in the system tray on my win 7 64bit system to respond/work

Does anyone know the underlying command that I could issue ( via the command prompt ) so I could eject the device?

fpefpe, Nov 7, 2019
  4. JohnoBoy Win User

External devices simply show up as "Eject Device" in the eject device menu.

Can I prevent Windows 10 from ejecting devices?

I have several USB device which are always connected to my PC, they appear on the devices I can eject on the task bar but I never want to eject them.

These could be USB hubs, external HDDs I work off, network adapters, etc.

Sometimes however I do need to eject a temporarily connected device like a USB flash drive or card reader. I will often click the wrong device on the list and eject something "essential" like my network adapter. I will then need to manually reinsert the device or restart my PC.

Is there a way to hide some devices from the Eject List, lock them from being ejected or provide some confirmation before ejection?

JohnoBoy, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

External devices simply show up as "Eject Device" in the eject device menu.

1. External devices simply show up as "Eject Device" in the eject device menu. - Similar Threads - External devices simply

2. Problem Ejecting External Disk - This device is currently in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Ejecting External Disk - This device is currently in use: Hello, After I connect my external disk to my HP Z4 G4 business desktop, I cannot safely remove / eject it anymore. Windows 11 says "Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI - This device is currently in use." Also after I click the safely remove button 100 times. It happens even...
  3. Problem Ejecting External Disk - This device is currently in use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Ejecting External Disk - This device is currently in use: Hello, After I connect my external disk to my HP Z4 G4 business desktop, I cannot safely remove / eject it anymore. Windows 11 says "Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI - This device is currently in use." Also after I click the safely remove button 100 times. It happens even...
  4. External hard drive cant be ejected. Devices options does not show eject option. System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive cant be ejected. Devices options does not show eject option. System...: Problem: When I try to eject the D external harddrive i recieve an error stating that it is being used. I tried to eject it from the Devices, as you can see from the picture down below there were no options to do so. Normally it was possible to see an eject option there. Then...
  5. External hard drive cant be ejected. Devices options does not show eject option. System...

External hard drive cant be ejected. Devices options does not show eject option. System...: Problem: When I try to eject the D external harddrive i recieve an error stating that it is being used. I tried to eject it from the Devices, as you can see from the picture down below there were no options to do so. Normally it was possible to see an eject option there. Then...
  6. My Devices and Printers is showing a weird eject option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Devices and Printers is showing a weird eject option.: I'm getting this weird option where it gives me option to eject my C Drive, how is that even possible? This problem is on Windows 11 and I don't know how this appeared. I've searched everything about it but have not got any solution please help....
  7. My Devices and Printers is showing a weird eject option.

My Devices and Printers is showing a weird eject option.: I'm getting this weird option where it gives me option to eject my C Drive, how is that even possible? This problem is on Windows 11 and I don't know how this appeared. I've searched everything about it but have not got any solution please help....
  8. Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting: I don't know why this happens, but no matter what I do, nothing works this message always appears to pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mass-storage-device-not-ejecting/0a565c9e-c658-4d33-b561-2f4a84e3910a
  9. Can't Eject External Drive - Device In Use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Eject External Drive - Device In Use: Windows will not allow me to eject my Samsung D# external hard drive. When I right go to the system tray and click/eject it always gives the error "This device is in use. Close any programes that are using the device then try again. Actually I am not using the drive. The only...
  10. External device fails to trigger "Eject Media" taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External device fails to trigger "Eject Media" taskbar icon: Windows 10 is doing something small and seemingly harmless that nevertheless bugs me, and I'm wondering if anyone here has thoughts as to how I might fix it? Usually, when I plug an external device into my laptop's USB port (thumb drive, burner, backup drive, media player,...