Windows 10: external devices wake up my laptop

Discus and support external devices wake up my laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop wake up every day at 3:00 a.m , although i have set it up the windows’10 maintentance at 9:00 p.m.So I found out that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by vasilisnikolo, May 6, 2019.

1. external devices wake up my laptop

My laptop wake up every day at 3:00 a.m , although i have set it up the windows’10 maintentance at 9:00 p.m.So I found out that occurs to the connecting external devices.WD my passport and usb stick of my mouce.I noticed that the problem fix just unplugged them.But i wonder if can stop it without unplugged them!!!Specially with out unplugged hdd.

:)

vasilisnikolo, May 6, 2019

2. Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep

From time to time I wake my laptop from sleep and find that the audio driver (Conexant Venice) is no longer loaded. The audio hardware is listed in the Device Manager as just "base system device" (or two base system devices, to be precise). Rebooting fixes the problem each time, but it takes a while. Is there a quicker way to make the audio work again than rebooting? I've tried obvious steps like running the troubleshooter and disabling and then re-enabling the devices.

ricecrispies, May 6, 2019
  3. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 6, 2019
  4. external devices wake up my laptop

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, May 6, 2019
Thema:

external devices wake up my laptop

1. external devices wake up my laptop - Similar Threads - external devices wake

2. Unknown enhanced storage device wake my laptop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown enhanced storage device wake my laptop up: it is pretty annoying that this wake up my laptop and make the fan spin, what is this device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-enhanced-storage-device-wake-my-laptop-up/90fb3730-2ba7-408d-892c-8adcfa08b5ed
  3. Unknown enhanced storage device wake my laptop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown enhanced storage device wake my laptop up: it is pretty annoying that this wake up my laptop and make the fan spin, what is this device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-enhanced-storage-device-wake-my-laptop-up/90fb3730-2ba7-408d-892c-8adcfa08b5ed
  4. External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop: Hello,I have a problem regarding sleep state on my laptop. I am using laptop in docking setup and have external mouse and keyboard. I want to put laptop to sleep state when I am now working. I disabled keyboard and mouse to be able to wake it up. To be exact I do not have any...
  5. External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop

External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop: Hello,I have a problem regarding sleep state on my laptop. I am using laptop in docking setup and have external mouse and keyboard. I want to put laptop to sleep state when I am now working. I disabled keyboard and mouse to be able to wake it up. To be exact I do not have any...
  6. Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard: Hi all,Just started using my Acer Aspire R5-471T-52EE Ultrabook as a desktop and it works flawlessly otherwise, but when I use it as a desktop, it refuses to be awoken with the external mouse and keyboard both USB. I've changed every possible setting in Power settings to make...
  7. Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard: Hi all,Just started using my Acer Aspire R5-471T-52EE Ultrabook as a desktop and it works flawlessly otherwise, but when I use it as a desktop, it refuses to be awoken with the external mouse and keyboard both USB. I've changed every possible setting in Power settings to make...
  8. Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

9. Waking up my laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waking up my laptops: Hello,When I go to Device Manager > USB port and try to turn on the ability for my wireless mouse/keyboard to turn on the laptop, this option is grayed out and unavailable. Is this a security issue? It's a pain to have to open the laptop and turn it on each time rather than...
  10. Waking up my laptops

Waking up my laptops: Hello,When I go to Device Manager > USB port and try to turn on the ability for my wireless mouse/keyboard to turn on the laptop, this option is grayed out and unavailable. Is this a security issue? It's a pain to have to open the laptop and turn it on each time rather than...