Windows 10: external devices wake up my laptop

Discus and support external devices wake up my laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop wake up every day at 3:00 a.m , although i have set it up the windows’10 maintentance at 9:00 p.m.So I found out that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by vasilisnikolo, May 6, 2019.

1. external devices wake up my laptop

My laptop wake up every day at 3:00 a.m , although i have set it up the windows’10 maintentance at 9:00 p.m.So I found out that occurs to the connecting external devices.WD my passport and usb stick of my mouce.I noticed that the problem fix just unplugged them.But i wonder if can stop it without unplugged them!!!Specially with out unplugged hdd.

:)

vasilisnikolo, May 6, 2019

2. Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep

From time to time I wake my laptop from sleep and find that the audio driver (Conexant Venice) is no longer loaded. The audio hardware is listed in the Device Manager as just "base system device" (or two base system devices, to be precise). Rebooting fixes the problem each time, but it takes a while. Is there a quicker way to make the audio work again than rebooting? I've tried obvious steps like running the troubleshooter and disabling and then re-enabling the devices.

ricecrispies, May 6, 2019
  3. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 6, 2019
  4. external devices wake up my laptop

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, May 6, 2019
Thema:

external devices wake up my laptop

1. external devices wake up my laptop - Similar Threads - external devices wake

2. External storage device is not showing up on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External storage device is not showing up on laptop: External storage device , Verbatim , is not showing up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-storage-device-is-not-showing-up-on/927828a2-9c6b-48ec-bd45-39498c6292fd
  3. my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode: I use windows 10 and my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep-mode/e0dc48ea-e7df-4ef1-b66d-d94b10cd7d67
  4. trying to back up my laptop to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to back up my laptop to an external hard drive: Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\jdill\Pictures. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002)). this is the message i got while trying to create a backup img to an external hard drive. what do i do ?...
  5. external devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    external devices: I can't see a specific hard drive in the list. It shows the C drive and one other external hard drive but will no display my Lacie Fuel. This problem just occurred. In the past it has shown up....
  6. External HDD shows up in Device Manager but not My Computer

External HDD shows up in Device Manager but not My Computer: Hi guys, I just tried to install Ubuntu from a USB stick alongside Windows 10, and have managed to make my external HDD disappear *Sad Halfway through my installation of Ubuntu I noticed that the software was trying to install from a 500GB drive (my external HDD)...
  7. Seagate External Drive Not Waking

Seagate External Drive Not Waking: I have a Seagate external drive that I save my backups to. I run my backup around midnight, when the computer has not been used for a good 5-6 hours. I have been getting errors with the backup that the drive has not been accessible and thus the backup is not successful....
  8. 2 tries to wake up laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    2 tries to wake up laptop: After the latest upgrade to Windows 10 Creators, my trusty T500 Thinkpad has (re-)developed an issue with waking from sleep. It wakes fine but then goes back to sleep almost immediately. On the second attempt it wakes properly and stays awake. Video attached - apologies...
  9. Wake Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake Up: How do I wake up Windows 10 if it goes into Hibernate or sleep after a period of in activity*Zip 41209
  10. Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop: I am using Windows 10 and would like to use my mouse to wake it up when in sleep mode It would be appreciated if someone can kindly assist me 41520