Windows 10: external disc backup

Discus and support external disc backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; can I use same external disc to backup two windows computers?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidKelch, Jun 18, 2020.

1. external disc backup

can I use same external disc to backup two windows computers?

:)

DavidKelch, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

External media drive not offered for backup

We understand that you want to back up your files on your DVD. At this point, we suggest that you try these steps so you can create a backup of it:

• Open the folder that contains the files that you want to back up.
    • Select the files to be moved on the DVD disc inserted.
    • Click Share on the tab section of the window.
    • Click Burn to disc to transfer it to the DVD disc.

In case these steps didn't work, kindly consult your manufacturer so they could recommend a software compatible for your computer to burn your files on your DVD.

Regards.

Jaune Bel, Jun 18, 2020
  3. System Image Backup and Repair Disc on same drive

Dear Sirs-

I am running Windows 10 Home Edition on an Acer E5 laptop. I just created a System Image Backup on an external hard drive (Seagate Slim 2 GB). I have a couple of questions and would really appreciate any help!

Upon successful completion of the image backup, I am getting a dialog box asking me if I want to create a system repair disc.

• Should I create the system repair disc?
    • If so, do I need to do this every time I create an image backup?
    • Can the system repair disc be on the same external hard drive as the system image backup?
    • If so, how much space will it require (I want to know if there is enough capacity left on the external hard drive, or how much I'll need on a separate drive)?

Also, when I create the System Image backup, it seems to be taking up a great deal of room on my external drive. It is taking up large chunks, as if it's keeping all of the previous backups instead of replacing them.

• How can I determine what is taking up all of the room on the external drive?
    • How can I get the backup to discard some, or all, of the prior backups?

Thank you very much for your help!

Philip

PhilipSigler, Jun 18, 2020
  4. L.C.S. Win User

external disc backup

external disc drive

I have an external disc drive which my laptop recognizes once plugged in. However upon selecting the external disc drive (D) and inserting a cd nothing happens and I cannot name the cd in the drive, open it or upload it. It's obvious that I'm missing
    something and require technical help. Anyone with a solution or suggestion? Thank you.

L.C.S., Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

external disc backup

1. external disc backup - Similar Threads - external disc backup

2. Backup and restore Disc sizes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Backup and restore Disc sizes: In Windows 7, I learned the hard way that restoring a backup to a same sized replacement hard drive does not work. What does work is restoring the backup to a drive with a higher capacity. This is because of some obscure device requirement. The problem with this is that both...
  3. Backup and restore Disc sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and restore Disc sizes: In Windows 7, I learned the hard way that restoring a backup to a same sized replacement hard drive does not work. What does work is restoring the backup to a drive with a higher capacity. This is because of some obscure device requirement. The problem with this is that both...
  4. Backup and restore Disc sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive backup: Hello all, How do I backup windows 10 unto a hard drive? What am I looking for and cant see my dive displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-backup/ecc6172e-9317-4fa9-8755-7ee6726e446f
  6. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drive backup: Hello all, How do I backup windows 10 unto a hard drive? What am I looking for and cant see my dive displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-backup/ecc6172e-9317-4fa9-8755-7ee6726e446f
  7. Backup Discs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Discs: Whenever I have purchased a computer which were always Hewlett Packard, I was able to order a set of CD's loaded with the initial packages of what was on the pc. Seems now a days nobody can explain where you can order these, do to everything being Microsoft. So who do I...
  8. Backup to external drive

Backup to external drive: In the Backup section of settings, I click "backup now" and it doesn't back up. I have requested daily backups but my last one was 1 month ago. I am attempting to back up to an external drive. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. external hard disc showing for format disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard disc showing for format disc: while I connect my external hard disc with data shows for format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disc-showing-for-format-disc/a36ede3b-89f8-49e3-9511-7347823b0688"
  10. using disc for backup

using disc for backup: What is the best way to use a disc when running back up?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/using-disc-for-backup/f036bc5a-bd7d-41a1-888b-3f579819d229