Windows 10: external Disk

Discus and support external Disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a vendorco 8TB partitioned drive into 4 parts.. I accidentally ejected on of the drives while tryin to copy some files to it... Now it appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by james heman, Jun 27, 2022.

1. external Disk

I have a vendorco 8TB partitioned drive into 4 parts.. I accidentally ejected on of the drives while tryin to copy some files to it... Now it appears feint and reads please insert a disk into USB drive D. i have tried using cmd mountvol and it reads no media in disk management.

:)

james heman, Jun 27, 2022

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Can't find External Hard disk?

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us.

To assist you better, please provide us more information

• Did you tried all the methods from my previous response?

• What is the make and model of the external disk?

• Does the external device is detecting on Disk management?
    The issue you are facing could be due to external disk driver is being outdated. You can also try below steps to update the external disk driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager.

• Click on Universal Serial Bus to expand it, right click on the
      device and Update it.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 27, 2022
  4. geotso Win User

external Disk

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

external Disk

1. external Disk - Similar Threads - external Disk

2. External hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard disk: Hello everyoneI'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while.I've recently bought a new external hard drive, an upgrade for my old one in terms of size and speed, the thing is by chance I've...
  3. built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...: Is an OS installation required to operate the external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-a-gaming-pc-and-trying-to-load-a-win10-disk/0fa1aa94-c707-40b7-9e60-ef6d8e10a7db
  4. built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...: Is an OS installation required to operate the external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-a-gaming-pc-and-trying-to-load-a-win10-disk/0fa1aa94-c707-40b7-9e60-ef6d8e10a7db
  5. built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Disk Manager Doesn't see my flash drive, external SSD, nor my second NVMe - but Bios &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Manager Doesn't see my flash drive, external SSD, nor my second NVMe - but Bios &...: Hi there,This is a multi-faceted problem that I'm trying to troubleshoot on a new build with Win11. Any help or assistance would be fantastic - with a big thank you in advance.To start I've already confirmed with the motherboard creator MSI that the problems I'm having aren't...
  7. Disk Manager Doesn't see my flash drive, external SSD, nor my second NVMe - but Bios &...

Disk Manager Doesn't see my flash drive, external SSD, nor my second NVMe - but Bios &...: Hi there,This is a multi-faceted problem that I'm trying to troubleshoot on a new build with Win11. Any help or assistance would be fantastic - with a big thank you in advance.To start I've already confirmed with the motherboard creator MSI that the problems I'm having aren't...
  8. I can't see my External SSD in Disk Management, I think broke it :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see my External SSD in Disk Management, I think broke it :: So I was having trouble figuring out how to get my SSD to show on file manager so I was messing around in Disk Management when I accidentally converted it into a GPT disk and then it literally just disappeared out of thin air. I have heard a couple of things about how it...
  9. I can't see my External SSD in Disk Management, I think broke it :

I can't see my External SSD in Disk Management, I think broke it :: So I was having trouble figuring out how to get my SSD to show on file manager so I was messing around in Disk Management when I accidentally converted it into a GPT disk and then it literally just disappeared out of thin air. I have heard a couple of things about how it...
  10. how to fix the external disk

how to fix the external disk: i have my 32 gb pendrive and most of the important file are in itbut after some day when i plug in my pen drive it show "you need to format your disk"when i check my disk from disk managment it show only 64 mb space with raw file system i tried every possible way to fix like...