Windows 10: external display disconnects LAN?

Discus and support external display disconnects LAN? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I'm using a laptop with windows 10 through HDMI to a TV for display, after 10-20 seconds my LAN on modem turns off. forcing me to restart modem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Homyjoe, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Homyjoe Win User

external display disconnects LAN?

So I'm using a laptop with windows 10 through HDMI to a TV for display, after 10-20 seconds my LAN on modem turns off. forcing me to restart modem because all devices disconnect. I am able to use the laptop without the TV turned on, but as soon as I turn on the TV my internet goes kaput.... any suggestions. I am 100% sure its a windows 10 problem.

:)

Homyjoe, Oct 29, 2015

2. Display no longer works when i try to install windows 10

Hello I have a dell E6400 laptop that had widows 7 professional on it and worked fine. I saw the install for windows 10 was available so I downloaded it and started to install. The screen was working when the install hit about 67% then the screen just
    turns off. but when i connect it to an external display the external display works and i can do things and it works but when i disconnect it from the external display the laptop screen still does not work/turn on. I tried doing a factory reset but it does
    the same thing. I dont know what to do at this point why is it when I connect it to an external monitor i can see an image on the external monitor but nothing on my laptops screen even after i disconnected it from the the external monitor . Any help would
    be great thanks!

Elite Clone, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Install on inspiron one 2320 solid color display

Have you tried connecting it to an external display (if possible?)

A similar pattern occurs when you connect (or disconnect) the CPU while the computer is running.

Microsoft_Fan_4124, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

external display disconnects LAN?

1. external display disconnects LAN? - Similar Threads - external display disconnects

2. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN cable disconnecting WIFI: We have just received our new DTF printer which users a LAN cable to connect this to the laptop. How ever when we connect this to the port it automatically disconnects the WiFi. This seem to be getting the priority over WiFi. The printer doesn't need a Internet connect just...
  3. All external displays stuck on "disconnect this display"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All external displays stuck on "disconnect this display": Dell Latitude 5430 connected to Dell WD22TB4 docking station. This morning I connected my laptop and all three desktop displays are stuck in "disconnect this display", changing to duplicate or extend prompts to "keep changes" or "revert" but nothing changes. I have rebooted...
  4. All external displays stuck on "disconnect this display"

in Windows 10 Customization
    All external displays stuck on "disconnect this display": Dell Latitude 5430 connected to Dell WD22TB4 docking station. This morning I connected my laptop and all three desktop displays are stuck in "disconnect this display", changing to duplicate or extend prompts to "keep changes" or "revert" but nothing changes. I have rebooted...
  5. All external displays stuck on "disconnect this display"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. LAN often disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN often disconnects: I have been working from home for around 2 months now, and have noticed a very much recurring problem when I turn on my computers. I have my own personal computer that I've had for almost 2 years now, and prior to working from home, I've not had any problems with my LAN...
  7. LAN often disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAN often disconnects: I have been working from home for around 2 months now, and have noticed a very much recurring problem when I turn on my computers. I have my own personal computer that I've had for almost 2 years now, and prior to working from home, I've not had any problems with my LAN...
  8. LAN often disconnects

9. LAN keeps on Disconnecting.

LAN keeps on Disconnecting.: Hello, i recently have this problem, my LAN keeps on disconnecting. and when i click troubleshoot, it will be temporarily fixed (Default gateway is not available - Fixed) and for a couple of minutes it will disconnect again. i already tried updating the drivers and still, it...
  10. One system on LAN disconnects...

One system on LAN disconnects...: Hello, We have a small peer to peer LAN in our office, just 5 systems. All seems to work well, but we have one system that "disconnects" from the LAN after about 24 hours. We discover it when that system loses Internet, but when that happens, the "disconnected" system...