Windows 10: External display going blank upon starting up GTA V

Discus and support External display going blank upon starting up GTA V in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an aging Lenovo laptop hooked up to one HDMI Samsung 24" monitor I use for productivity/light gaming. Yesterday, I started up GTA V on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kartikzzz, May 27, 2020.

1. External display going blank upon starting up GTA V

I have an aging Lenovo laptop hooked up to one HDMI Samsung 24" monitor I use for productivity/light gaming.

Yesterday, I started up GTA V on my monitor as usual but for some reason my entire external display went blank. I ended up switching my projection mode from 'Extend' to 'Duplicate' so I could troubleshoot but to no avail. My monitor has gone totally dark even though it seems to be receiving input from my laptop.

One odd thing is that when restarting the laptop, the monitor shows the boot sequence (Lenovo logo + OS startup screen) but again blanks out when it comes to the account login screen.

I've tried messing with my GPU settings (intel integrated and an Nvidia 840m) but nothing. Even tried factory resetting my monitor settings. I know it's probably some dumb software thing that I can't figure out but I can't find any info out there on how to fix it and it's driving me crazy! Any help is greatly appreciated

submitted by /u/kartikzzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kartikzzz, May 27, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

GTA V on PC.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to change the fps to 30fps in the settings on PC GTA V, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Where do you see the option to change the FPS?

Usually, FPS of games cannot be changed, as it depends on the system configuration you are using. In GTA V, there is an option to change the refresh rate of the monitor which is available under settings.

Ideally, refresh rate and FPS are different from each other and the refresh rate of the monitor will not affect the FPS produced by the game. As FPS is the frames generated by the game in one second, and the refresh rate is the cycle which the monitor
    uses to redraw the screen. However, if the FPS is higher than the refresh rate of the monitor, then the monitor will not be able to display all the frames correctly.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, May 27, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 27, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

External display going blank upon starting up GTA V

how to run gta in windows 10

Hi Shashwat,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Which version of GTA are you using?
    • Is the issue specific to GTA game?
    • When you say 'cannot run on 600*400*32' are you referring to screen resolution?

If yes I suggest you to follow the steps below and check.

• Type Change the Screen resolution on Search
      and hit Enter.
    • Under Resolution change to Recommended settings.

Do let us know if you are able to play GTA game in Windows 10. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 27, 2020
Thema:

External display going blank upon starting up GTA V

1. External display going blank upon starting up GTA V - Similar Threads - External display going

2. Display going blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display going blank: Monitor goes blank in ~1 sec and lights up if I move the mouse Cursor when I am logged in as myself. If I log in as my wife there appears to be no problem, any suggestions to correct this behavior? I have tried all the sleep and display off settings with no change.If I leave...
  3. Display going blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display going blank: Monitor goes blank in ~1 sec and lights up if I move the mouse Cursor when I am logged in as myself. If I log in as my wife there appears to be no problem, any suggestions to correct this behavior? I have tried all the sleep and display off settings with no change.If I leave...
  4. GTA V ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GTA V ERROR: I tried all the ways possibile,but my game keeps saying the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000007b. Click OK to close applicatonPlease help me i just got the game...
  5. BSOD with GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with GTA V: Hi i have a problem since about a month. When i want to play GTA 5 im good for about 10-15 minutes and then my PC crashes with CLOCK-WATCHDOG-TIMEOUT error. When i tried to stress my gpu and cpu they were fine and no crashes ocurred. No changes to PC were made when this...
  6. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: A few days ago i downloaded GTA V for free from Epic Games. After installing the game, it automatically downloads Rockstar Games Launcher. When I launched it, it tells me to sign in or make an account, so i made one and then it proceeds to the launcher. At first I didn't get...
  7. gta v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gta v: sir....... excuse me if i written something wrong because i cant speak English very well last week i downloaded gta v rebak but it cant play very well because it have a shutter and lag i play it offline but she is slow that my computer info and graphic is intel...
  8. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: If I buy GTA V from the microsoft store on pc can I then download it on my PC and then play with xbox online players? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-v/4bf453e9-3b71-4a48-97c0-0f5d1409c301
  9. GTA V on PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GTA V on PC.: How do I change the fps to 30fps in the settings on PC GTA V? All i see is 60fps and 144fps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-v-on-pc/90002990-d282-4967-baf9-94eac21482a9
  10. BSOD on starting GTA V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on starting GTA V: Hey there, I never had problems playing GTA 5. But after re-installing my Windows some time ago I'm not able to play GTA 5 anymore since I get a BSOD right after startup. It's the only game where this happens. It says SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys). I uploaded...