Windows 10: External Display issue

Discus and support External Display issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 5406 2n1 with the Intel core i71165G7 with Intel Iris Xe Graphics. I put an external display on it using the HDMI port. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brounmoney21, Sep 10, 2021.

1. External Display issue

I have a Dell Inspiron 5406 2n1 with the Intel core i71165G7 with Intel Iris Xe Graphics. I put an external display on it using the HDMI port. I have tried 2 1080P displays, the newest one being an HP 27inch curved display that is 1080p at 1920 x 1080. I am running the display in extended mode. The scaling on the HP display is 100% as recommended. My issue is the resolution of the HP monitor. I have tried all the tricks trying to fix it, but text is not shape very rough edges, images on websites like the Microsoft logo aren't sharp at all. I can not figure out a solution for this, but

:)

Brounmoney21, Sep 10, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Projecting to an external display

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to use external display with windows 10.

This usually occurs if the video driver was not installed properly or not configured correctly.so I would suggest you to reinstall the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Uninstall Display Adapter drivers

I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them in compatibility mode.

To uninstall the driver, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type devmgmt.msc
    • Right click on the driver you want to uninstall
    • Click on Uninstall
    • Restart the system
    After the computer restarts, install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Select the setup file
    • Right click on it and click on
      properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select the operating system
    • Click Ok.
    Hope it helps, do get back to us if you need further assistance with Windows.

Arul_D, Sep 10, 2021
  3. External Display issues; black shadows across the screen

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Does the issue occur after connecting to TV?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the display driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Vivian_S Win User

External Display issue

External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

External Display issue

1. External Display issue - Similar Threads - External Display issue

2. External Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Display: I am trying to connect my surface go 3 as an external display for my laptop pc. I have followed all the steps and the pc recognizes the tablet as an output device as well. But it still won't connect. Finally, it shows a message saying unable to connect and to retry from the...
  3. External Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Display: I am trying to connect my surface go 3 as an external display for my laptop pc. I have followed all the steps and the pc recognizes the tablet as an output device as well. But it still won't connect. Finally, it shows a message saying unable to connect and to retry from the...
  4. External Display issue. laptop + 3 monitors wont display all screens.

External Display issue. laptop + 3 monitors wont display all screens.: Hello, So I want to set up my Hp elitebook laptop with 3 external monitors using a HP Hub HP USB-C Dock G5 which has 2 DP ports and 1 HDMI port. Laptop has one HDMI input and 2 USB C's. When I connect all 3 monitors using a hub, only 2 monitors are recognized. 2 monitors +...
  5. External Display issue. laptop + 3 monitors wont display all screens.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Display issue. laptop + 3 monitors wont display all screens.: Hello, So I want to set up my Hp elitebook laptop with 3 external monitors using a HP Hub HP USB-C Dock G5 which has 2 DP ports and 1 HDMI port. Laptop has one HDMI input and 2 USB C's. When I connect all 3 monitors using a hub, only 2 monitors are recognized. 2 monitors +...
  6. External Display issue. laptop + 3 monitors wont display all screens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. External Display Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Display Issues: Hello,I'm having an issue when closing the lid to my laptop. I have two external screens that I use, and when I close the lid, those two displays were the only ones being used. Something has changed. When I close the lid of the laptop now, it's essentially not "closing", and...
  8. External Display Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Display Issues: Hello,I'm having an issue when closing the lid to my laptop. I have two external screens that I use, and when I close the lid, those two displays were the only ones being used. Something has changed. When I close the lid of the laptop now, it's essentially not "closing", and...
  9. External Display Issues

10. Remote Desktop + External Display Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop + External Display Issues: I am logging into a remote desktop with an external display but the remote desktop session won't display correctly on my external display the screen 'spills over' onto my laptop screen. The only way i can get it to work is if i disable my laptop screen but i want to use...