Windows 10: External display not working in Windows 10 on Bootcamp on Macbook Pro

Discus and support External display not working in Windows 10 on Bootcamp on Macbook Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi There, I've got a Macbook Pro 2018 and I'm running Bootcamp with Windows 10. I'm trying to connect my computer to an external display. The external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChaiSamuel, Apr 20, 2020.

1. External display not working in Windows 10 on Bootcamp on Macbook Pro

Hi There,
    I've got a Macbook Pro 2018 and I'm running Bootcamp with Windows 10. I'm trying to connect my computer to an external display. The external display works on my Mac side, but it is not working on the Windows side. When I restart my computer on the Windows side, the external display shows the screen for about 2 seconds, then it turns off again. In my settings, the external display can't be recognised.
    any help please!
    Thanks

:)

ChaiSamuel, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows on Macbook Pro using Bootcamp

Hi,

You need support software (drivers) installed with Boot Camp to use Windows 10. This software is automatically downloaded when you use Boot Camp Assistant. Boot Camp supports 64-bit versions of Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro when used with a supported
    Mac. Here are the list that supports Windows 10:

• MacBook Pro (2012 and later)
    • MacBook Air (2012 and later)
    • MacBook (2015 and later)
    • iMac Pro (2017)iMac (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini Server (Late 2012)
    • Mac Pro (Late 2013)

We also suggest that you check and follow the steps shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread on how to setup Windows 10 on your Mac using Boot Camp.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 20, 2020
  3. No Cursor with Windows 10 on Macbook Pro with Bootcamp

Hi,

I successfully installed Windows 10 with Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro Early 2015 version. Initially all worked fine but now when I boot into Windows 10 I see no cursor. I am using the touch pad built into the Macbook.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Peter

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers )

PeterW1966, Apr 20, 2020
  4. BikerDude Win User

External display not working in Windows 10 on Bootcamp on Macbook Pro

Replace key to Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro?

I upgraded my Bootcamp version of Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 on my MacBook Air. The screen is cracked on my MacBook Air so I am trying to move Bootcamp to a new MacBook Pro. When I run Sysprep I am getting an error message that says Sysprep cannot run on an upgraded version of Windows.

My question is: If I purchase new Windows 10 Pro operating system, can I replace the upgraded Windows 10 product key with the new key and will it change the upgrade to a new installation of Windows 10. If it will do this, I can then run Sysprep and move Bootcamp to my new MacBook Pro.

Thanks for your help!

BikerDude, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

External display not working in Windows 10 on Bootcamp on Macbook Pro

1. External display not working in Windows 10 on Bootcamp on Macbook Pro - Similar Threads - External display working

2. External Display on Macbook Pro mid 2012 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Display on Macbook Pro mid 2012 Windows 10: Hi, Please I am using Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro mid-2012. I'm trying to connect to an external display using the Mini Display port Mini Displayport to HDMI. But my monitor is not detecting the machine, and neither is the machine detecting the monitor. How can I resolve this...
  3. External Display on Macbook Pro mid 2012 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Display on Macbook Pro mid 2012 Windows 10: Hi, Please I am using Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro mid-2012. I'm trying to connect to an external display using the Mini Display port Mini Displayport to HDMI. But my monitor is not detecting the machine, and neither is the machine detecting the monitor. How can I resolve this...
  4. Windows Bootcamp in MacBook Pro Complete Darkness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Bootcamp in MacBook Pro Complete Darkness: HELP!!!!My Windows boot camp in MacBook Pro was working fine until I accidentally turned the display lighting to 0, now my screen is in complete darkness only in windows mode, keyboard lighting is still on.I've tried the following, it still doesn't work: 1. restarting the...
  5. macbook pro windows bootcamp crash loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    macbook pro windows bootcamp crash loop: I have a MacBook Pro 15″ 2019 and I've used bootcamp to run Windows 10. Unfortunately, I got a blue screen and it just loops this death screen. I've followed virtually every path on the diagnostics and it keeps running into an error.. I can't even get into safemode... I've...
  6. macbook pro windows bootcamp crash loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    macbook pro windows bootcamp crash loop: I have a MacBook Pro 15″ 2019 and I've used bootcamp to run Windows 10. Unfortunately, I got a blue screen and it just loops this death screen. I've followed virtually every path on the diagnostics and it keeps running into an error.. I can't even get into safemode... I've...
  7. Bluetooth wont work for bootcamped macbook pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth wont work for bootcamped macbook pro: hi my macbook pro has been bootcamped into windows i wanted to play a game on my macbook and when i went to connect my ps4 controller it wouldnt show the toggle to turn on bluetooth!? please help...
  8. Running 3 Monitors on BootCamp Macbook Pro Not Working?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Running 3 Monitors on BootCamp Macbook Pro Not Working?: Nevermind, I didn't realize I couldn't use 3 displays... 155711
  9. Bootcamp Macbook Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootcamp Macbook Windows 10 Pro: I had to borrow a friend's Macbook to run Win for a couple of months in 2017 (2 laptops lost in a flood). I "thought" I wiped the drive properly, but...I saw on my credit card site, a device was listed as "Mac OSX" accessing the site August 2019! Friend now wants to sell...
  10. Windows Activation on Macbook Pro Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation on Macbook Pro Bootcamp: I previously have the Windows 10 activated on Parallels Desktop. Now, I want to switch to Bootcamp. However, it prevents me from switch the license even with the hardware change option. Any idea? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macbook pro 2012 external monitor not working in boot camp

2. boot camp external display not working

3. bootcamp external display not working

4. windows 10 boot camp no supported external display connected,
  5. macbook pro 2012 windows no external display,
  6. windows 8.1 macbook pro 2012 external display,
  7. how to use external display with windows bootcamp