Windows 10: External Display not working on Surface Pro 4 via mini display port

Discus and support External Display not working on Surface Pro 4 via mini display port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running a mini display port adapter connected to an HDMI to HDMI wire from my surface pro 4 to a television. When I connect it, the screen on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pachi1090, May 11, 2020.

1. Pachi1090 Win User

External Display not working on Surface Pro 4 via mini display port

I am running a mini display port adapter connected to an HDMI to HDMI wire from my surface pro 4 to a television. When I connect it, the screen on my surface pro 4 goes black as if making the connection and then it comes back on. The display settings on my surface is set to duplicate the screen, but the television will state retrieving data until it states that the resolution is not supported. I have checked the resolution, which is set to the correct resolution size for both my surface pro and for the television, and even attempted to change it to smaller screen resolutions but get the same error.

I have attempted multiple troubleshooting steps but I have not been able to resolve my issue. I have ran a diagnostics on my drivers and everything is working properly, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my monitors and display adapters drivers through the device manager, I have made sure the surface pro was running the latest version of windows, I have attempted to connect someone else's surface pro 4 using the same external device and mini display port wire which was working, and I have attempted different external devices with my surface pro but I get the same issue.

:)

Pachi1090, May 11, 2020
  2. rheitzman Win User

Surface Pro (1) Mini Display Port VGA - Windows 10

Anyone have luck getting the Microsoft Mini Display Port VGA Adapter working on the original Surface Pro and Windows 10? It did work on Windows 8 on another Surface Pro but I upgraded one to Windows 10 (it wasn't tested for the mini display ort VGA working before the upgrade) and the Control Panel - Display dialog does not show the second monitor. Detect doesn't do anything.

Windows-P reports it can't Project and suggests to update the driver - but drivers for the VGA adapter are not to be found (by me) on the Microsoft site.

Only Windows 10 + Surface help page I could find mentions all version of Surface Pro except the original. Is this device even supported on Windows 10?

rheitzman, May 11, 2020
  3. KurtNK Win User
    Multi external displays via Surface docking - only one display is recognized

I have 2 Samsung external screens that I want to connect to my Surface Pro 2. The screens have VGA or DHMI interface.

I have tried to connected them with HDMI via mini display ports, but only one external screen is accepted by Surface.

Questions is:

1) Can I use a splitter where I connect both HDMI cables to one mini display port? Will I get 2 external screens accepted by Surface?

2) Will it help if I use HDMI for one screen and the VGA on the other (through adapters to either mini display port or USB). Will Surface accept to external screens then?

I would like to have two independent screens connected to my Surface for my home office as I used to through my laptop, but before I buy adapters, I would like to know what kind of combinations that will work on the Surface.

*Moved to appropriate language*

KurtNK, May 11, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

RE : Mini Display Port adaptor to HDMI TV

Yes. I had read that plus many hours of googling.

External Display not working on Surface Pro 4 via mini display port [​IMG]

You see, the issue is .......... the mini display adaptor works in an older Surface Pro1 but not a newer Surface 3. Both devices have mini display port.

davidhk, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. External Display not working on Surface Pro 4 via mini display port - Similar Threads - External Display working

2. Display port not connecting screen to Surface Laptop 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display port not connecting screen to Surface Laptop 4: Hello,I have 2x surface laptop 4's - one is the 32GB ram model, the other is a 16GB model.Both connect to my LG wide curved screen via a USB C to HDMI cable.I heard the displayport cables work better, so I bought the microsoft display port to usb C connector.Both laptops do...
  3. Display port not connecting screen to Surface Laptop 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display port not connecting screen to Surface Laptop 4: Hello,I have 2x surface laptop 4's - one is the 32GB ram model, the other is a 16GB model.Both connect to my LG wide curved screen via a USB C to HDMI cable.I heard the displayport cables work better, so I bought the microsoft display port to usb C connector.Both laptops do...
  4. Display port not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display port not working: I’m having an issue, when I use my display port on my gpu I get “no signal” on my monitor. This is not the case when I use hdmi. Does why one know how to fix the display port not having signal? submitted by /u/LozCawley123 [link] [comments]...
  5. Display goes black after logging in. Surface Pro 4.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display goes black after logging in. Surface Pro 4.: Is there a recent update that causes my display to turn black after logging in. I'm wondering if it has to do with it using the Windows Hello facial recognition. I have a Surface Pro 4....
  6. Multiple displays on Surface Pro 4

Multiple displays on Surface Pro 4: I have a Surface Pro 4 and a Surface Dock. I have 3 external displays connected, 2 via the Surface Dock, and 1 via the Surface's integrated display port. There seems to be no way to enable the Surface Pro's display with this setup. Is this a limitation of Windows 10 or the...
  7. Surface pro 4 display goes black

Surface pro 4 display goes black: Ok I have a Surface Pro 4. If I boot it into any OS Windows, Ubuntu, even Hirens boot OS the screen stays lit for a few seconds then goes black. Not off, just black back-lit. I figured it was overheating, or faulty display. I booted into UEFI Bios. In this environment the...
  8. No Sound via Display Port

No Sound via Display Port: Running Win10 x64 1903 - LG Ultra monitor 4k using DP. Monitor is capable of sound but the properties for the LG show jack information as HDMI. Is there anyway of remapping this to show DP. The monitor menu is limited regarding options - the sound is showing as 100% Any...
  9. Can I get 144hz if I plug my laptop via mini display to display port into an external monitor?

Can I get 144hz if I plug my laptop via mini display to display port into an external monitor?: Hi I'm planning to buy a new external monitor for my laptop because my laptop monitor is too small. I want to get a 144hz monitor because it's smoother than 60hz. I looked on Amazon and I came down to the Viewsonic XG2402 monitor found here:...
  10. Mini Display port not working when connected to monitor

Mini Display port not working when connected to monitor: HI, Im using a MSI GT60 2QD notebook with Windows 10 home(1803). When i conneted to LG 34UC98 monitor via Mini Display port, my notebook didn't appear any external monitor selection for my to chooose. I had tried "uninstall and re-install display driver", "changed the other...