Windows 10: External display slow down the laptop and cursor continuously blinking

Discus and support External display slow down the laptop and cursor continuously blinking in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community. I have a vostro 14 laptop with Windows 11 Pro installed with following specifications. Core i77th generation 8gb rab128gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ammar Kashmiri, Nov 6, 2022.

1. External display slow down the laptop and cursor continuously blinking

Hello Microsoft Community. I have a vostro 14 laptop with Windows 11 Pro installed with following specifications. Core i77th generation 8gb rab128gb SSD for Windows 500gb HDD for other stuffI have 24 inch Samsung LED. I've been using external display for the last year with my laptop without any problem. But in the last few days whenever i attach my external display my laptop went extremely slow and cursor start blinking. I can't even close the open window of any app. But when i detach my display the laptop start working again normally. I tried changing VGA cable, mouse, keyboard but nothing wo

:)

Ammar Kashmiri, Nov 6, 2022

2. My cursor blinks continuously.

My cursor started blinking continuously just in the last 2-3 days. Could I have done something to cause this? Anyone have this problem? It is annoying.

PeggyHarris1, Nov 6, 2022
  3. barndoor Win User
    Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Nov 6, 2022
  4. External display slow down the laptop and cursor continuously blinking

Fast blinking cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the cursor blinking constantly on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if the Cursor blink rate is set to Fast.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it sets the Cursor blink rate to normal. Here's how:

1. Open Control Panel by right click on
    Start
    Button.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to
    Large icons.

3. Click on Keyboard, Keyboard Properties window opens, set the
    Cursor blink rate as you wish.

4. Click on Apply and OK, check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Nov 6, 2022
Thema:

External display slow down the laptop and cursor continuously blinking

1. External display slow down the laptop and cursor continuously blinking - Similar Threads - External display slow

2. Mouse Cursor Loading Symbol Blinking Continuously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor Loading Symbol Blinking Continuously: As I was working in Adobe Premiere, the mouse cursor suddenly started loading the blue circle continuously. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-loading-symbol-blinking-continuously/39299c14-2a55-405b-aca7-9e0fe0933871
  3. Mouse Cursor Loading Symbol Blinking Continuously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Cursor Loading Symbol Blinking Continuously: As I was working in Adobe Premiere, the mouse cursor suddenly started loading the blue circle continuously. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-loading-symbol-blinking-continuously/39299c14-2a55-405b-aca7-9e0fe0933871
  4. Mouse Cursor Loading Symbol Blinking Continuously

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. External display slow down the laptop and cursor continuously blinking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External display slow down the laptop and cursor continuously blinking: Hello Microsoft Community. I have a vostro 14 laptop with Windows 11 Pro installed with following specifications. Core i77th generation 8gb rab128gb SSD for Windows 500gb HDD for other stuffI have 24 inch Samsung LED. I've been using external display for the last year with my...
  6. Blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking cursor: I have Win 10 operating system. Recently the cursor has blinked constantly. I have also gotten a message that my operating system is nearing the end of its life. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-cursor/1ad4f7f8-bdde-4626-84d2-01e1e5aed3cb
  7. Mouse cursor with blue circle blinking continuously

Mouse cursor with blue circle blinking continuously: I have a dell inspiron 5559 it was working very slowly So i had to reset it , after reset my mouse cursor started blinking continuosly with a blue loading circle on it. Can anyone help me with this problem [IMG]...
  8. Bubble Display Issue in Surface Pro 4 due to which cursor is continuously blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bubble Display Issue in Surface Pro 4 due to which cursor is continuously blinking: Hello, There is a bubble display coming on the home screen of my surface pro 4 due to which cursor is continuously blinking. I have been facing this issue for the past 6 months. Please find the screenshot of the same. [IMG] Please anyone look in to the issue. Regards,...
  9. blinking cursor

blinking cursor: I have 2 cursors. The one on the task bar is in a translucent circle and is blinking. The real one is blinking also and is hard to control. How do I fix this. I have an HP Pavilon Notebook and Windows 10. Thank you in advance....
  10. cursor blinking

cursor blinking: hey there , i'm facing problems with my pc when playing games , the screen just turns black while the cursor wil be blinking ! i updated my graphic drivers but the issue is stil there...how do i solve it...