Windows 10: External display via USB-C - Windows 10 ARM (Lenovo Miix 630)

Discus and support External display via USB-C - Windows 10 ARM (Lenovo Miix 630) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a Lenovo Miix 630, which is one of the few Windows 10 ARM devices out there. I am having problems connecting an external display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by schroederen, Mar 5, 2019.

1. External display via USB-C - Windows 10 ARM (Lenovo Miix 630)

Hi there,

I have a Lenovo Miix 630, which is one of the few Windows 10 ARM devices out there.

I am having problems connecting an external display via USB-C with resolutions greater than Full HD (I tested with my monitor which runs at 3440x1440 as well as my TV which is 4K). On neither device I can select resolutions higher than Full HD. Other people (on the official Lenovo forums) have similar issues through a variety of connection methods (directly via USB-C to the monitor or via USB-C to HDMI adapter etc.).

Since the Windows 10 ARM devices are very few and all share the same hardware (Snapdragon SoC with Adreno graphics) and no drivers other than those Microsoft provides are available (which are from 2017), I thought I'd ask here in addition to the Lenovo forums. This seems very much to be a driver issue and has nothing to do with the particular device (prove me wrong, HP Envy X2 users External display via USB-C - Windows 10 ARM (Lenovo Miix 630) ;)).

I'd be glad if anyone could share their experience with regards to USB-C display connection and Windows 10 ARM (Snapdragon) devices.

Thanks!

:)

schroederen, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Chino Win User

Lenovo Reveals Latest Miix 630 2-in-1 Detachable

This CES 2018, we're teaming up with Qualcomm and Microsoft to bring mobile computing to consumers in a whole new way. Meet the new Miix 630, Lenovo's latest Windows 10 S 2-in-1 detachable that gives you the power and productivity of a laptop with the always on, always connected mobility of a smartphone. This isn't just Wi-Fi. We're talking about true anytime, anywhere mobility - with integrated 4G LTE so you don't have to just rely on finding a Wi-Fi hotspot. Now you can have the instant-on, whisper-quiet operation of a smartphone in the form of a versatile 2-in-1 detachable with a full-sized keyboard and digital pen included.

External display via USB-C - Windows 10 ARM (Lenovo Miix 630) dfQrekZM3jTyG5Xf_thm.jpg

External display via USB-C - Windows 10 ARM (Lenovo Miix 630) pE8zWr1REqZIkeDx_thm.jpg

External display via USB-C - Windows 10 ARM (Lenovo Miix 630) dvJTDOAv3kjqC6TF_thm.jpg

Here are the top five benefits the new Miix 630 can make in your productivity.

Everyday PC Performance
    We built the Miix 630 with Qualcomm's innovative Snapdragon 835 Mobile PC Platform on the Windows 10 S operating system, so you can get work done on the go. Its full-sized backlit keyboard with precision touchpad gives you a comfortable and convenient typing experience to compile reports, design presentations or crunch numbers. We've also equipped it with a Lenovo digital pen with 1,024 levels of sensitivity so you can draw, sketch or annotate with Windows Ink for a natural pen-on-paper experience.

The Miix 630 runs on Windows 10 S, making it ideal for users who want consistent performance and streamlined security by running apps exclusively from the Microsoft Store. If you prefer the familiarity of Windows 10 Pro, the Miix 630 allows you to upgrade at no cost so you can choose the operating system that fits your needs.3

Fast Smartphone Connectivity
    We made the Miix 630 for today's mobile generation. It delivers the kind of always-on, always connected1 freedom that smartphone users expect, and what laptop users want. Whether you're working from a coffee shop or airport, you can now eliminate dependence on public Wi-Fi networks or the hassle of having to create a hotspot from your phone.

More than just anytime, anywhere connectivity, the Miix 630 offers lightning-fast connections1. Its integrated 4G LTE1 is designed for fast download speeds allowing you to check emails, share files, shop online or stream your favorite show without a hitch.

Your Mobile Sidekick
    Even with its keyboard, the Miix 630 is just 15.6mm (0.6 in) and featherlight weighing just 1.33kg (2.93 lbs). The Miix 630 offers incredibly long battery life of up to 20 hours of local video playback4 -- letting you leave the power cord at home. Better yet, the Miix 630 gives you constant connection even in standby mode - offering longer battery usage.5 Standby mode lets you stay connected with up-to-the-minute emails, notifications, message syncing and Skype calls in standby mode - all without draining your battery.

Smooth, Quiet Operator
    The Miix 630 is built with a fan-less design that packs more power with efficient heat processing into a smaller Snapdragon 835 mobile chipset. Its quiet operations make it ideal for working in quiet public spaces like the library, classroom or co-working space.

Versatile Inside and Out
    The Miix 630 2-in-1 detachable gives you five ways to intuitively interact with your device. Browse social media or watch videos on its 12.3-inch WUXGA+ touchscreen tablet, draw and edit with its Lenovo digital pen, or attach its full-sized keyboard to comfortably type those longer emails. The detachable keyboard can serve as a screen protector when you're on the go.

The Miix 630 also offers amazing personalization. Windows 10 S enables Cortana, your voice-enabled intelligent personal digital assistant, on the Miix 630. Get reminders, track flights, send short emails, play music and much more - all with just your voice. Pair its infrared camera with Windows Hello for quick and more secure log-in to your Miix 630. Having biometric facial recognition adds a layer of security and personalization for instantaneous log-in.

Experience next-gen mobile computing with the Miix 630 that combines PC performance; fast integrated 4G LTE for anytime, anywhere connectivity; and the incredible mobility and versatility of a 2-in-1 detachable.

The Miix 630 (keyboard and Lenovo digital pen included) starts at $799.99, expected to be available beginning in 2nd quarter of 2018 on www.lenovo.com and will be compatible with select local carriers (prices may vary per market).

Chino, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    CES 2018: Lenovo unveils Always Connected Miix 630 detachable and more

Source: CES 2018: Lenovo unveils Always Connected Miix 630 detachable, ThinkPad X1 Series, Lenovo Tablet 10 and more - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Mar 5, 2019
  4. External display via USB-C - Windows 10 ARM (Lenovo Miix 630)

Inaccessible_boot_device on Lenovo miix

Hi jessen,

Thanks,

But unfortunately, when i want to change boot option to usb from Lenovo miix bios, it is not available.

Any alternative suggestion ?

lenovomiix, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

External display via USB-C - Windows 10 ARM (Lenovo Miix 630)

1. External display via USB-C - Windows 10 ARM (Lenovo Miix 630) - Similar Threads - External display via

2. Why does external displays connected via USB C hub only works with the first USB C port the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does external displays connected via USB C hub only works with the first USB C port the...: I have a Dell Latitude 7420 laptop running latest Windows 11 from my company IT, which has 2 ports of USB type C and I use it to work both from home and office, where I also have several work stations I can connect my laptop to.Wherever I'm working from, I always connect my...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade on lenovo miix 2.8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade on lenovo miix 2.8: So i have an otg cable, iso on flash drive, keyboard and mouse. I get to the very first screen of the installation and I can't do anything. Touch screen doesn't work, keyboard doesn't work, mouse doesn't work. What am I doing wrong....
  4. Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c: I have 5481 and monitor samsung c34h890. Laptop has usb type-c with power delivery and display portsame as 5471. - Windows 10, latest updates. - Updated all firmware bios, chipset, etc - Disabled power options in usb settings - Reinstalled usb drivers 100 times -...
  5. Unable to install Windows 10 on Lenovo Miix 320

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Windows 10 on Lenovo Miix 320: I am using lenovo Miix 320 Windows 10 tablet. I had deleted an important partition from C drive using Mini Partition Tool that corrupted the Windows and now I can't use my tablet. I tried to install windows 10 through USB drive, as the tablet is in portrait mode, I am not...
  6. Lenovo Miix 520 Tablet - Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Lenovo Miix 520 Tablet - Multiple displays: Good Afternoon, I have been issued a Lenovo Miix 520 tablet for use whilst working from home, as the company wishes to return my Lenovo T450 laptop for use elsewhere. When I was using the laptop I was able to connect my 2 LG Flatron E2411 monitors to the docking station, 1...
  7. Lenovo Miix 520 Tablet - Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo Miix 520 Tablet - Multiple displays: Good Afternoon, I have been issued a Lenovo Miix 520 tablet for use whilst working from home, as the company wishes to return my Lenovo T450 laptop for use elsewhere. When I was using the laptop I was able to connect my 2 LG Flatron E2411 monitors to the docking station, 1...
  8. Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c: I have 5481 and monitor samsung c34h890. Laptop has usb type-c with power delivery and display port(same as 5471). - Windows 10, latest updates. - Updated all firmware (bios, chipset, etc) - Disabled power options in usb settings - Reinstalled usb drivers 100 times -...
  9. External Graphics Card Via USB-C?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Graphics Card Via USB-C?: Hi, I’m wondering if it’s possbile to connect an external graphics card (eGPU) to my laptop via USB-C. I know that the golden standard for eGPU connections is Thunderbolt 3, but my laptop does not support Thunderbolt 3 connection. However, since Thunderbolt 3 is connected...
  10. CES 2018: Lenovo unveils Always Connected Miix 630 detachable and more

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2018: Lenovo unveils Always Connected Miix 630 detachable and more: This week at CES, Lenovo™ announced the new Always Connected1 Miix 630 2-in-1 detachable and the ThinkPad X1 family, designed to provide uncompromised durability, seamless productivity, and a smarter PC experience. Let’s take a closer look at these devices: Meet the new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. miix 520 connect screen via usb c

2. Lenova 630 USB-C Display Port to HDMI not working

3. miix 630 can i make phone calls

4. windows s on lenovo miix 630 cant open microsoft store,
  5. change boot device lenovo miix 630,
  6. using usb for lenovo miix 630,
  7. two displays lenovo miix 630 usb c dock,
  8. external diplay port for lenova miix 520,
  9. lenovo windows 10 external monitor,
  10. boot usb lenovo miix 630,
  11. miix 630 graphics driver problem,