Windows 10: External displays using only Integrated graphics card when connected using Dell Display dock

Discus and support External displays using only Integrated graphics card when connected using Dell Display dock in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I am running a Razer Blade with a GTX 1060 6Gb GPU. I just got a new Dell Universal Dock D6000 that uses software called DisplayLink for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SigP226, Mar 9, 2019.

1. SigP226 Win User

External displays using only Integrated graphics card when connected using Dell Display dock

Hello!

I am running a Razer Blade with a GTX 1060 6Gb GPU. I just got a new Dell Universal Dock D6000 that uses software called DisplayLink for my two external monitors. After setting the monitors up I wanted to run Diablo 3 and see how it looked with the new setup. The game was laggy and fuzzy. It appears that when using the DisplayLink the Nvidia GPU is disabled and the computer only uses the Intel Integrated GPU. Is there a workaround for this. I have read other places that it had something to do with an anniversary update, but the update they referenced was from two years ago. I assume this would have been fixed by now.

If you know anything, I am more than willing to try. Would be a shame if I had to disconnect my laptop from my dock and play on the small screen every time I wanted to do a little gaming.

Kevin

***Original title: Laptop using dock for external monitors only uses integrated GPU***

:)

SigP226, Mar 9, 2019

2. External display with laptop and docking station

Hi Ray,

It is possible that there's no main display that was set to your Windows 10 devices, when you connect your laptop to the dock station. This could be one of the possible reasons that whenever you disconnect your laptop, it reverts to either of the two displays.
    To get this corrected, let's try to set a display as your main display. Here are the steps:

• Right click or press and hold on your desktop.
    • Click on Display settings.
    • On the right side of Display, click on the display number at the top that you want to make the main display, and check the
      Make this my main display box under Multiple displays.
    • Then, you can close Settings.

Additionally, there's an easier way to extend your monitor display so that you wouldn't need to go to the display settings every time you want to have an external display. To do that, simply press
    Windows key + P on your primary computer to see the options.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Is there a way to hear sounds a with Lumia 950 connected, throught display dock, to an external display (that has not integrated audio)?

I am trying continuum with my Lumia 950 connected throught the display dock, to a display that has not an integrated audio. I cannot find the way to hear any sound (neither connecting via bluetooth an extenal amplifier) ... no way to hear at least on the
    phone. No way to use some output in the display dock or something else? The only way I found is to attach the headphone to the smartphone ... but it is not so friendly ...

Enzo Contini, Mar 9, 2019
  4. External displays using only Integrated graphics card when connected using Dell Display dock

External display with laptop and docking station

I have a Lenovo T440p laptop and docking station with a Dell external monitor. When I am using my laptop in the docking station I use both screens and select "extend this display" in the display settings to activate the external monitor. Heres my problem.
    When I remove my laptop from the docking station it reverts to using one or the other displays when returned to the docking station, meaning it may be my laptop or it may be my external monitor. Windows seems to decide on its own which one I get to use so
    I have to go into display settings nearly every time and select extend these displays to use both monitors. Its becoming time consuming and annoying. Why wont it remember that I am using 2 displays. I am running windows 10. I have asked our IT guys to fix
    it but after weeks of asking and not getting any results from what they try a have given up hope. I had a different laptop, same brand and model that didnt display this behavior when returned to the docking station.

Ray Dillon, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

External displays using only Integrated graphics card when connected using Dell Display dock

1. External displays using only Integrated graphics card when connected using Dell Display dock - Similar Threads - External displays using

2. Please help! Laptop integrated display will not use Nvidia, but will use it on external...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help! Laptop integrated display will not use Nvidia, but will use it on external...: I have an alienware laptop with a qled display and nvidia 3070 rtx. It's always worked fine, but for the last year, I had it connected to an external display for gaming. I recently bought a desktop and gave the laptop to my son. Now when he tries to play games using the...
  3. Please help! Laptop integrated display will not use Nvidia, but will use it on external...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help! Laptop integrated display will not use Nvidia, but will use it on external...: I have an alienware laptop with a qled display and nvidia 3070 rtx. It's always worked fine, but for the last year, I had it connected to an external display for gaming. I recently bought a desktop and gave the laptop to my son. Now when he tries to play games using the...
  4. UE4 Games Using Basic Display Adapter Instead Of Integrated Graphics Card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UE4 Games Using Basic Display Adapter Instead Of Integrated Graphics Card.: Hi,I Was Trying To Run Valorant But It Gave Me An Error.DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required To Run The Engine.I Tried Running Other UE4 Games. Some Gave Me The Same Error And Some Gave Me A Different Error And Some Were Working.Some Gave Me "Shader Model 5.0 Is Required To...
  5. UE4 Games Using Basic Display Adapter Instead Of Integrated Graphics Card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UE4 Games Using Basic Display Adapter Instead Of Integrated Graphics Card.: Hi,I Was Trying To Run Valorant But It Gave Me An Error.DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required To Run The Engine.I Tried Running Other UE4 Games. Some Gave Me The Same Error And Some Gave Me A Different Error And Some Were Working.Some Gave Me "Shader Model 5.0 Is Required To...
  6. How to change the graphics card used by display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change the graphics card used by display: Hi, I am using a BENQ monitor as display from my laptop. However, it is connected to my NVIDIA GPU. How do I connect it to intel graphics like my first display laptop display. Thanks in advance!...
  7. can i use two displays on intel graphics integrated graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can i use two displays on intel graphics integrated graphics: i was wondering if i could use 2 monitors on intel integrated graphics because i already have 1 plugged up in the back of my motherboard so could i plug up another display cord in the back of my motherboard...
  8. Laptop using dock for external monitors only uses integrated GPU

Laptop using dock for external monitors only uses integrated GPU: Hello! I am running a Razer Blade with a GTX 1060 6Gb GPU. I just got a new Dell Universal Dock D6000 that uses software called DisplayLink for my two external monitors. After setting the monitors up I wanted to run Diablo 3 and see how it looked with the new setup. The...
  9. Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.: Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now. I noticed that my motherboard has two open video ports, one being VGA which I...
  10. Problem with HD graphics card using display port

Problem with HD graphics card using display port: I don't think that Build 10041 and my AMD gaphics driver are the best of friends. I have a 2550*1440 Viewsonic screen attached to an HD 5670 graphics card using display port. Quite often when I am using Thunderbird email the screen blinks a couple of times and about all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. d6000 displaylink or Integrated graphics