Windows 10: external drive cd/dvd player installation

Discus and support external drive cd/dvd player installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi, please advise how to set up a new external drive cd/dvd player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by edwardcroft, Jan 7, 2021.

1. external drive cd/dvd player installation

hi, please advise how to set up a new external drive cd/dvd player

:)

edwardcroft, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

cd/dvd player

Hi Jack,

For better assistance, provide the answers to the following questions:

• Are you using an external CD/DVD drive?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • How did you know that your CD/DVD player was not installed? Did you receive an error message?

If you have manually uninstalled the driver, restart your computer. Once the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Jan 7, 2021
  3. My DVD/ CD player

1. Do you have burning Software installed ???
    2. Does your Computer recognize the DVD Drive in the Device Manager ???
    DVD/CD Re-writers are usually the first thing to break down in computers.

• Computers pick up a lot of dust which could cloud the LENS.
    • The drive part within it may be worn and malfunctioning ( be it gear or belt and main shaft ).
    • The LENS mechanism may be worn out through use and vibration.
    Not worth trying to fix as nowadays they are very cheap to purchase.

• The only other thing to try is : Try another brand such as the well known TDK or Verbatim.
    • " OR " buy another DVD Re-writer to suit your Desktop or Laptop.
    • With Laptops a external DVD Re-writer would be better suited ( such as a LG External ).

Frank N St31n, Jan 7, 2021
  4. external drive cd/dvd player installation

connecting an external CD and DVD player to a PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The things you need to have is: Audio and video cables, Sound- and video-capture drivers compatible with the laptop.

How to Connect a DVD Player to a Laptop

• Download and install DVD player software compatible with Windows laptops.
    • Connect a DVD player to an older laptop by installing a PC memory card with a connection port or a video-capture card with USB. Video cards with a USB cable merely plug into the USB port on a laptop (no special wiring or programming is required).
    • Improve audio and video quality by connecting an older laptop to an external DVD-ROM drive via a USB port on the computer as an alternative to connecting a full-size DVD player. External DVD drives are almost universally plug-and-play, meaning the drive
      only needs to be connected to the laptop to start working automatically.
    Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

external drive cd/dvd player installation

1. external drive cd/dvd player installation - Similar Threads - external drive dvd

2. External CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External CD/DVD Drive: Hi Microsoft : I recently purchased an external cd/dvd drive. The problem is with re-writeable CDs. FORMATTING and re-writing. The unit works with re-writeable DVDs FORMATTING and re-writing. When I checked in DEVICE MANAGER, it lists the drive with the HP brand. Listing it...
  3. External CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External CD/DVD Drive: Hi Microsoft : I recently purchased an external cd/dvd drive. The problem is with re-writeable CDs. FORMATTING and re-writing. The unit works with re-writeable DVDs FORMATTING and re-writing. When I checked in DEVICE MANAGER, it lists the drive with the HP brand. Listing it...
  4. External CD/DVD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External CD/DVD drive: My laptop doesn't have an internal dvd drive and i want to install windows 10 home from a DVD with a external dvd room... Usb 3.0 In boot menu it doesnt have power... When i start the laptop the dvd drive work and the led start blinking but when ASUS logo showed, the dvd...
  5. External usb slim drive cd/dvd player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External usb slim drive cd/dvd player.: I bought a USB 3.0 Portable Optical Slim CD/DVD Burner Player RW Drive. It's from Mekkoz. I bought it on Amazon. It's plug & play. That part works, but it won't recognize any media, even with discs I know works in other devices. The driver is up to date supposedly. It also...
  6. CD/DVD external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD external drive: When trying to eject a disc from a external driver. I get the following error message: An errer occurred while ejecting yje cd. What does this mean and how do i fix this problem?...
  7. Rioddas CD/DVD external player

Rioddas CD/DVD external player: I am trying to use the Rioddas CD/DVD external player on my dell Inspiron 15 R in Windows 10. Can't get my computer to recognize the player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rioddas-cddvd-external-player/f5575d8e-51aa-4b75-bd8f-2e9ac8ad0156
  8. External DVD/CD player

External DVD/CD player: It will play CD's but not DVD's. How do I make it play DVD's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvdcd-player/9ccb57e6-b782-4b1c-b3f2-0d74c0a00020
  9. External CD/DVD drives

External CD/DVD drives: After the last Windows update my Computer does not see the external drive. When I connect an external drive the is an indication by the computer that a device has been inserted, but when I go to This Computer it does not show a CD or DVD external drive. Worked well befor...
  10. External cd/dvd Drive

External cd/dvd Drive: 2.0 usb external hard drive not working with my 3.0 port laptop. My laptop is a new HP i7, 8gb, 1 tb. The laptop has a 3.0 port and the external drive is a 2.0 Verbatim slimline cd/dvd writer. Using the installation cd, components of the external drive were installed on my...