Windows 10: External drive doesn’t show sd card

Discus and support External drive doesn’t show sd card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem with sd card because I can see it in the File Explorer but cannot see it in the external drive drop down list. I use Nuvision tablet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CurbyCamlin, Nov 13, 2018.

1. External drive doesn’t show sd card

I have a problem with sd card because I can see it in the File Explorer but cannot see it in the external drive drop down list. I use Nuvision tablet, sd card is a 16 GB one

:)

CurbyCamlin, Nov 13, 2018

2. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Nov 13, 2018
  3. SD card reader problem after updating to Windows 10

After installing windows 10 my card reader will not oper but it does make noise like it is going to open but it doesn`t open it

sweetpee56, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

External drive doesn’t show sd card

photos app not showing pictures on sd card

You can also try the following steps below if you have pictures on a camera with an SD card, or saved to a USB drive or external hard drive, the simplest way to get them onto your PC might be to import them.

• Use a USB cable to connect the device where your new pictures are located to the PC.

• Select the Start button, then select Photos.

• Select Import and follow the instructions. The app automatically selects items you haven't imported before, or you can choose what to import.
    If the issue still persists, we suggest that you try to start the computer in safe mode and check if you will also encounter the same issue.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Ma. Lau, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

External drive doesn’t show sd card

1. External drive doesn’t show sd card - Similar Threads - External drive doesn’t

2. Data on external drives SD cards, Pen drives can't be read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data on external drives SD cards, Pen drives can't be read: System:AMD Ryzen 3 2200U 12 GB RAMWindows 10 21H2I don't know what happened, but since the last few days, whenever I connect my SD card, USB drive to my laptop, it says that device needs to be formatted before using. This problem wasn't there earlier for both the SD card and...
  3. External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working: I was merging files together on my SD card, and suddenly the drive stopped letting me interact with it in my file explorer. The drive now shows at having 0 bytes of space, and in the disk management application it says "no media." I have restarted my computer, and I still...
  4. External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working

External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working: I was merging files together on my SD card, and suddenly the drive stopped letting me interact with it in my file explorer. The drive now shows at having 0 bytes of space, and in the disk management application it says "no media." I have restarted my computer, and I still...
  5. access to external drives e.g usb drive and sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    access to external drives e.g usb drive and sd card: Hello, Since I have installed Windows ten, I am unable to access files from my usb drives or sd cards. Does anyone have a solution? thanks....
  6. setting up external drive for SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    setting up external drive for SD card: My computer won't read from a external built in drive for the SD card. It says the directory name is invalid. Tried a different SD card got the same response. The drive E:\ is registered in disk drives under device manager and tried downloading the latest drivers but still...
  7. Import Photos from SD card to external drive

Import Photos from SD card to external drive: I would like to know how to import photos from a memory card to an external hard drive for storage. I'm using the Photos App and wish to work with that App to edit, organize, etc. I don't see a choice for the external hard drive when I select Import. If the photos are on...
  8. Permission denied on external drive (SD card)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permission denied on external drive (SD card): States permission denied and that to fix go to properties and look for the security tab. There is no security tab in the properties! I have no clue what to do next! This card worked before!...
  9. Can't open external hard drive, SD-card

Can't open external hard drive, SD-card: Hi I try to connect external harddrive or sd-card, but I get an error message: If I try to press "fortsett"(continue) it tells me that I have no Access. I do not find the place to change Access rigts....
  10. sd card not showing

sd card not showing: Hi everyone I have 4 new sandisk ultra sd cards that will not show up on my computer, I have another two cards that work OK. All of the cards work in my camera and on another computer, why are they not showing on my computer. I have opened up disk management and there...