Windows 10: External drive icons

Discus and support External drive icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have custom photos or ico files for external drives using windows 10- how can I make the photo fill the entire border of the icon ? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CameronUtting, Aug 29, 2019.

1. External drive icons

I have custom photos or ico files for external drives using windows 10- how can I make the photo fill the entire border of the icon ?

External drive icons 771b39af-d6ea-4b02-b7ef-0628cbfef1ce?upload=true.png

:)

CameronUtting, Aug 29, 2019

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Aug 29, 2019
  4. External drive icons

External hard drive

Hi Ren,

Why you're experiencing this kind of issue can be due to a variety of reasons.

Having said that, please provide the following for us to be able to learn more about your concern:

• Have you tried accessing the same external hard drive on a different Windows 10 PC? If yes, what is the result?
    • Have you tried plugging a different external hard drive or other external drives like flash drive and SD card? If yes, did you get the same result?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've already done?

In the meantime, running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter finds and repairs problems with your devices and hardware. Here's how to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooter.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

External drive icons

1. External drive icons - Similar Threads - External drive icons

2. Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane: I have fixed this once before, but it came back. When i put in an external USB drive, the icon for it appears twice in the navigation plane. I have included a screen shot. I fix ed once before, but now, i followed the same instructions as last time, but there is a snag. The...
  3. Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane: I have fixed this once before, but it came back. When i put in an external USB drive, the icon for it appears twice in the navigation plane. I have included a screen shot. I fix ed once before, but now, i followed the same instructions as last time, but there is a snag. The...
  4. Duplicate external drive icons in the navigation plane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External Drive desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Drive desktop icon: I have both a Mac and Windows laptop and I love that on my Mac when I plug in an external drive an icon automatically appears on the desktop, is this possible with my Windows laptop running Windows 10?...
  6. Change Icon for External Drives

Change Icon for External Drives: I still use the QuickI Launch Bar and have several external drives I want to be listed on it. When I go into properties to change the icon on each one, I'm really, really, really limited in what I can choose; maybe a couple of choices. For example, I have a Toshiba that I...
  7. How to preserve thumbnail and icon customizations on external drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to preserve thumbnail and icon customizations on external drives: This issue relates only to EXTERNAL drives: Every time after I install Windows updates, all my thumbnail and icon customizations onexternal drives are cleared, which is kind of annoying, because I need to reset them manually one by one. Restoring the Explorer cache folder...
  8. My external hard drive icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My external hard drive icon disappeared: I used to have an icon for my external hard drive, but I might have deleted the icon png and now it's gone. Is there anything I can do? Missing Icon Image submitted by /u/PhroyoYT [link] [comments]...
  9. an icon on screen for USB EXTERNAL drive

an icon on screen for USB EXTERNAL drive: i want a short cut to open USB external device on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-icon-on-screen-for-usb-external-drive/1f084b40-9a63-4464-82fb-d91898f25902
  10. External Drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Drive.: Hi, I have a Seagate Barracuda ATA Mod.ST3120023A hard drive with XP installed. Is it possible to insert it in an external caddy with a usb connection and then boot into win xp from my Win10 64 bit PC to recover some files. And then I would like to format the drive and use...