Windows 10: External Drive won't Open after being Recognised.

Discus and support External Drive won't Open after being Recognised. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My external drive is not being recognised in File Explorer and in Disk Management. The disk gets power from the computer and in the Device Manager the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by User2629, Jul 3, 2020.

1. User2629 Win User

External Drive won't Open after being Recognised.

My external drive is not being recognised in File Explorer and in Disk Management. The disk gets power from the computer and in the Device Manager the disk can be seen connected.

:)

User2629, Jul 3, 2020
  2. scopio Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Worked out what the problem was with my external drive notbeing recognised. I looked under Device Manager > USB Controllers and there itwas listed with an exclamation mark with the error saying that "the driverfor this device is in memory" or words to that effect. I right clicked thecorresponding Mass Storage device and uninstalled it and then unplugged theexternal drive. I rebooted my desktop and plugged the external drive in againand it reinstalled its driver again and I am now able to use the external driveagain. External Drive won't Open after being Recognised. :)

scopio, Jul 3, 2020
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Jul 3, 2020
  4. erniewain Win User

After a reboot my external drives are not recognised

After a reboot my external drives are not recognised until I switch off the power on the drives and switch the power back on before my pc recognises the drives as connected to my pc. How can I fix this?

windows 10 drivers after a reboot my external drives are not recognised untill i cut the power and re power up how can i fix this

***Post moved by moderator to its most appropriate forum***

erniewain, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. External Drive won't Open after being Recognised. - Similar Threads - External Drive won't

2. external drives not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external drives not recognised: Hi all. Following a fresh install of windows 10 home on my Asus notebook L200E yes, I know it's memory is limited but you can't add more as the memory in this type of device is located on chips on the motherboard, not a proper SSD etc. Since the install I have had to overcome...
  3. external hard drives not recognised

external hard drives not recognised: A problem has recently shown up. I have a lot of data archived on Seagate external hard drives. Recently, every single one has failed to show up and be accessible in This PC. They appear in Device Manager where they are each described as "Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk...
  4. External m2 sata ssd not being recognised.

External m2 sata ssd not being recognised.: Hey guys, I recently swapped my ssd with Samsung 970 evo plus and took out the old one and after a while I purchased a external SSD connector and after installing it in the external adapter and after plugging to my laptop it is not being recognizednot being shown in windows...
  5. External hard drive not recognised

External hard drive not recognised: Hi Purchased a new H-D for my Dell A Seagate Barrcuda. Did a clean install to the new drive. at the same time I put the old drive in a brand new external enclosure with the intention of copying the files over. The "new" installation cannot access the USB drive, even though...
  6. External Drive won't be Recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Drive won't be Recognised: My external drive is not being recognised in File Explorer and in Disk Management. The disk gets power from the computer and in the Device Manager the disk can be seen connected....
  7. External Hard Drive not recognised

External Hard Drive not recognised: I have a brand new micrsoft surface and I cannot for the life of me get it to recognise my external hard drive. I read a similar post which required an input of a drive letter which seemed like what i needed to do, however i cannot click on the "change drive letter and...
  8. External drive won't open to key in password

External drive won't open to key in password: Hi My external drive is recognised and its status reads as healthy. However when I click to enter the password the password page does not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-wont-open-to-key-in-password/1c77a38f-20ce-4299-b997-2be7e134fc55
  9. my external hard drive is NOT recognised

my external hard drive is NOT recognised: I have Windows 10 Home edition, How do I find Windows.old And How do I install my External Hard Drive, it does NOT show up on my PC. I need help asap. Please....
  10. External hard drive not recognised

External hard drive not recognised: Problem: I have two external hard drives that I have been using for backups etc. on my desktop running Windows 10 Home. I connected the external drives to my HP Laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 to copy some files andit has changed the ownership to the external...