Windows 10: external drive

Discus and support external drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am wanting to get an external dive to give me more space on my tablet, what do you suggest and how to I check compatibility?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SusanNorris1, Apr 24, 2019.

1. external drive

I am wanting to get an external dive to give me more space on my tablet, what do you suggest and how to I check compatibility?

:)

SusanNorris1, Apr 24, 2019

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Romel Ram Win User

external drive

Loss of External drives

Hi,

For better assistance, kindly verify the queries below:

• What is the make and model of the external drives?
    • Have you checked if both drivers are recognized on the BIOS settings?
    • Are you connecting the external hard drives via USB?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far for this issue?
    Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

external drive

1. external drive - Similar Threads - external drive

2. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  3. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  4. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  5. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  6. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop: 304-561-4654 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-external-hard-drive-on-my-lenovo/eb0902c8-39ef-4f7e-89d9-5cfece6bddc3
  8. how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop

how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop: 304-561-4654 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-external-hard-drive-on-my-lenovo/eb0902c8-39ef-4f7e-89d9-5cfece6bddc3
  9. how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Can't safely eject external hard drive problem on Windows 11 fix!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't safely eject external hard drive problem on Windows 11 fix!!!: I've had this problem ever since I bought I got my new Windows 11 laptop and finally I found a fix and I think I found the reason.The Fix :-1- Close all windows using the external drive2- Close all file explorer windows that are open because they will all be closed by the end...