Windows 10: External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted

Discus and support External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The dvd drive is recognized in the device manager. The drive shows up in This PC but disappears when a media is in the drive. The driver has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RomanFrago, Jan 26, 2019.

1. External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted

The dvd drive is recognized in the device manager. The drive shows up in This PC but disappears when a media is in the drive. The driver has been updated to manufacturer supplied.

:)

RomanFrago, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Kevmoso Win User

Optical BD drive disappears when inserting a disk

Something in a recent update to Windows 10 has changed the behavior of my SATA connected optical drive.

Everything worked fine and then recently:

Inserting a cd causes the drive to disappear from "This PC"

The drive will show up in Device Manager if "show hidden devices" is checked.

If I restart the computer with the cd in the drive I can listen to the disk.

If I eject the disk and insert another the drive disappears again.

Mobo = Asrock Fatal1ty z170 Gaming-ITX/ac (all drivers from asrock current)

Disk drive = Matshita BD-MLT UJ265

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Kevmoso, Jan 26, 2019
  3. no disk in external drive in windows 10

Recent troubleshooting my new Windows 10 not recognizing the external DVD drive:
    I downloaded-

free Nero MediaHome. (Nero BurningRom probably better but not free.)

VLC media player.

Active ISO Burner.
    On my Win 10: In File Explorer - DVD no show on left side w/other drives. Only as icon on right when computer selected.

With DVD inserted-says no disk; if select format/write to disk, drive ejects & asks for disk.

The external drive recognizes CDs, but not DVDs.

Same results with VLC media player.

With CD inserted, Nero can play music, indicates 'tracks', but w/no titles.

Can't burn disks - Get no disk in drive with Nero MediaHome

On my Win 7: With disk in external drive, open / format fails due to 'no disk'.

Move disk to Win 10 internal DVD drive, format disk OK. Move disk to external drive; still 'no disk'.

Move disk back to Win 10 internal DVD drive, copy file to disk & close disk to work on other drives.

Move disk back to external DVD drive, can read from & copy to disk.

Move external drive & disk back to Windows 10. File Explorer shows drive & files, but write protected.

Device Driver says external drive is working fine.

BillRhinow, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted

I get the insert a disk message repeatedly in Windows 10

Hi,

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to insert the disk into the drive and go to disk Management, then there change the drive letter to the DVD/CD drive.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Disk Management.

• Click on Change the driver latter and path.
    If the issue persist, go to device Manager, then right click on the DVD/CD driver and click uninstall the driver and restart pc, then PC will install the driver automatically which will remove this error.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • click on DVD/CD Rom driver.
    • Right click on the DVD/CD rom driver and select driver tab.
    • Click on uninstall.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted

1. External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted - Similar Threads - External DVD drive

2. DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11: DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11.I/ve tried 3 different computers with Windows 11It works fine on Windows 10Need a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-disappears-when-disk-inserted-windows-11/5f679b9b-e234-40ed-adef-3e328ffab4bd
  3. DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11: DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted windows 11.I/ve tried 3 different computers with Windows 11It works fine on Windows 10Need a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-disappears-when-disk-inserted-windows-11/5f679b9b-e234-40ed-adef-3e328ffab4bd
  4. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted: My external DVD player is detected on Windows 10 when plugged in, but when I insert a CD or DVD it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with no reason. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with only one usb port. It actually worked the first time I used it, but now it doesn't if...
  5. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted: My external DVD player is detected on Windows 10 when plugged in, but when I insert a CD or DVD it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with no reason. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with only one usb port. It actually worked the first time I used it, but now it doesn't if...
  6. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. External USB DVD Drive Disappears

External USB DVD Drive Disappears: I am running Windows 10. I have an external USB DVD Drive, which when I plug into a USB port, is recognised by File Manager and the USB Eject icon list on the taskbar. When I place a DVD in the drive, the movie comes up and plays perfectly OK. When I eject the DVD, the DVD...
  8. DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted

DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted: Just bought an OON 10.1 Android Tablet with detachable keyboard. Great little machine so far except for one major problem. This device needs to be able to play a DVD Rom program on an external DVD player. The external drive is a Gotega ODD HDD Device plugged into the USB...
  9. External DVD drive disappears when a disk is installed in Windows 10

External DVD drive disappears when a disk is installed in Windows 10: When I insert a disk the DVD drive disappears from my computer screen, the DVD drive starts to spin the disk, but can't seem to find it, then slows down, and starts all over again. It connects and disconnects over and over and over continuously. How do I solve this problem?...
  10. Optical BD drive disappears when inserting a disk

Optical BD drive disappears when inserting a disk: Something in a recent update to Windows 10 has changed the behavior of my SATA connected optical drive. Everything worked fine and then recently: Inserting a cd causes the drive to disappear from "This PC" The drive will show up in Device Manager if "show hidden devices"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd drive disappears when disk inserted

2. external dvd drive disappears

3. dvd drive disappears whn cd inserted

4. windows 7 DVD drive disappear after instertinng,
  5. my external dvd drive dissapeares when putting Dvd in,
  6. drive disappear insert dvd,
  7. external dvd player is not recognised on pc when disk of photographs in inserted,
  8. dvd disappeares when inserted,
  9. dvd drive disappears when disc inserted windows 10,
  10. dvd icon disappears when disk inserted,
  11. exteranl cd/dvd drive disappears when dvd is inserted,
  12. external cd/dvd player/burner disapears when dvd is installe,
  13. play cd in external drive when inserted,
  14. external drive disappears when disk inserted win 10,
  15. no install screen comes up when external dvd drive is inserted