Windows 10: External DVD drive not working properly after windows 10 update

Discus and support External DVD drive not working properly after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop with external DVD drive. It was working perfectly until I installed the windows 10 updates. Now I can use the DVD drive to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndrewSmith2571, Sep 14, 2018.

1. External DVD drive not working properly after windows 10 update

I have a laptop with external DVD drive. It was working perfectly until I installed the windows 10 updates. Now I can use the DVD drive to install programmes onto my laptop, but whenever I try to play a game from the DVD drive, I get a fatal error warning CD not found. Please insert CD in drive. I've tried deleting and re-installing the driver, but that hasn't helped, nor has creating a registry subkey helped.

Can anyone offer a solution please?

:)

AndrewSmith2571, Sep 14, 2018

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and External DVD drive

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to open the device manager and check if the drive shows up in device manager.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open device manager.

3. Expand DVD/CD-Rom drives and check if the external DVD drive is listed.

4. If so, right click on it and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 14, 2018
  4. lksockey Win User

External DVD drive not working properly after windows 10 update

external dvd drive and windows 10

After having to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop my computer will not read from my external dvd drive. Suggestions??

lksockey, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

External DVD drive not working properly after windows 10 update

1. External DVD drive not working properly after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - External DVD drive

2. DVD isn't properly working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD isn't properly working on Windows 10: Hi, everyone,I am having problem with my newly purchased Windows 10 installation disc. Problem is, when I inserted the disc it detected by windows after few some time. Then, it shows blank with no setup files. Please see the screenshot below and solve my problem. The DVD...
  3. DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update

DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update: About a week ago, the DVD player on my Windows 10 computer does not work. Will a future update correct the problem? I think it caused the problem....
  4. CD / DVD drive is not working properly

CD / DVD drive is not working properly: My CD-ROM/ DVD hardware drive is opening automatically when PC is power on. Please help me to stop it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-dvd-drive-is-not-working-properly/f8ff3be7-0e8e-4926-8fd7-fac065e0764b
  5. CD/DVD Drive not working properly

CD/DVD Drive not working properly: So, I got a new empty CD and I wanted to record something on it. When I insert the CD in my CD/DVD drive it starts to make some noise. I can hear it start and then, after a few seconds, it just stops. It doesn't autoplay the CD like it usually does. When I check to see if the...
  6. External CD/DVD drive is not working.

External CD/DVD drive is not working.: Hi, my external drive isn't working. I am trying to import a CD onto my laptop so that I can add it to my iPod via iTunes. I have read the answer to a very similar question where they went onto device manager, so I did. It said "Windows cannot load the device driver for this...
  7. external dvd drive

external dvd drive: can't find my external drive to download softwear on this computer. it is plugged in by usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-drive/8881c714-98f4-43a2-82b9-704293bd6ad2
  8. DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update

DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update: Around May 2018, I successfully updated windows 10 to version 1703, but the optical drive became inoperable. I have tried numerous solutions such as uninstalling the drive and re-booting, but it still does not operate. Please help!...
  9. External dvd drive

External dvd drive: I'm trying to connect a cocopa external dvd reader with no success. Any ideas why it's not connecting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-dvd-drive/89b08ee8-6e6d-4287-a820-3526daeb1b49
  10. Windows 10 from external DVD Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 from external DVD Drive?: Can I install Windows 10 using an external DVD Drive on a new PC build? 43345