Windows 10: EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE POPS OPEN WHEN I CLOSE iTUNES.

Discus and support EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE POPS OPEN WHEN I CLOSE iTUNES. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I stop iTunes from triggering my external DVD drive to eject? On a unrelated topic . Okay, I give, I'm totally confused about processor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RAPXV, Aug 23, 2019.

1. RAPXV Win User

EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE POPS OPEN WHEN I CLOSE iTUNES.

How can I stop iTunes from triggering my external DVD drive to eject?

On a unrelated topic .

Okay, I give, I'm totally confused about processor cores. As I was typing the information below, some of which I got from the "About Your PC" file on my computer, I didn't know what to make of the 1.99 Ghz (see the bottom of this post). I looked up on YouTube how to find how many cores you have on your processor. I found the information (see the screen capture below) but in it 1.99 GHz was never mentioned. I don't get it. Please help me.

EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE POPS OPEN WHEN I CLOSE iTUNES. 428a87e8-13ca-44d4-85fb-6d88d2d9cfaa?upload=true.png

RAP

Lenovo IdeaPad S340 with touch (laptop computer)

Intel (i7) (8th Generation)

64-bit operating system

x64-based processor

CPU @1.80Ghz 1.99 GHz (8-core)

Installed RAM 12.0 GB (11.8 GB useable)

:)

RAPXV, Aug 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 and External DVD drive

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to open the device manager and check if the drive shows up in device manager.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open device manager.

3. Expand DVD/CD-Rom drives and check if the external DVD drive is listed.

4. If so, right click on it and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 23, 2019
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 23, 2019
  4. EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE POPS OPEN WHEN I CLOSE iTUNES.

My External Toshiba DVD Drive doesn't show up

Hi Charsmann,

The above issue might occur if a drive letter is not allotted to the external drive.

Please reply, did you try removing and re-plugging the driver to the PC?

Since the drive shows in Device manager, I suggest you to remove the external drive and re-plug to check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, check if you are able to open the drive via
    Disk management
    by following the steps below:

• Connect the external drive to the PC, press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option from the context menu. Check if the drive is visible in the window.
    • If visible, right click on the external drive and select Open. Check if you are able to open the drive in
      File Explorer.
    • Close the Disk management window, open File Explorer (Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard) and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the external drive not showing in File Explorer on the PC for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE POPS OPEN WHEN I CLOSE iTUNES.

1. EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE POPS OPEN WHEN I CLOSE iTUNES. - Similar Threads - EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE

2. CD/DVD external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD external drive: When trying to eject a disc from a external driver. I get the following error message: An errer occurred while ejecting yje cd. What does this mean and how do i fix this problem?...
  3. Laptop DVD Drive will not close!!

Laptop DVD Drive will not close!!: So many many months ago my DVD drive stopped working.. It just did not open no matter how many times I pressed the button on the side. It also never opened when right clicking and selecting Eject on the D: DVD drive option in Devices & Drives. But a few days ago, I searched...
  4. external dvd drive

external dvd drive: can't find my external drive to download softwear on this computer. it is plugged in by usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-drive/8881c714-98f4-43a2-82b9-704293bd6ad2
  5. External CD/DVD drives

External CD/DVD drives: After the last Windows update my Computer does not see the external drive. When I connect an external drive the is an indication by the computer that a device has been inserted, but when I go to This Computer it does not show a CD or DVD external drive. Worked well befor...
  6. disk drive opening when i close itunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk drive opening when i close itunes: The problem is that when I close iTunes my disk drive ejects for no apparent reason. Does anyone have any idea why it would do this and how to fix it?...
  7. External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted

in Windows 10 Customization
    External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted: The dvd drive is recognized in the device manager. The drive shows up in This PC but disappears when a media is in the drive. The driver has been updated to manufacturer supplied....
  8. Apple's iTunes for Windows opens CD/DVD Drive tray on exit

Apple's iTunes for Windows opens CD/DVD Drive tray on exit: Apple probably calls this a feature...but apparently a lot of users of iTunes for Windows are seeing their CD/DVD drives open the tray every time they exit iTunes for Windows (including me). This started after either a recent Windows 10 update or an iTunes update (or maybe...
  9. External dvd drive

External dvd drive: I'm trying to connect a cocopa external dvd reader with no success. Any ideas why it's not connecting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-dvd-drive/89b08ee8-6e6d-4287-a820-3526daeb1b49
  10. App or gadget for opening and closing dvd drive

App or gadget for opening and closing dvd drive: I used to have a gadget on my desktop that would open and close my dvd drive which was very convenient for me as I can't easily reach the button while sitting in my chair (and if I stretch, I CAN take out or put in a disc) Is there an app in Windows 10 will do that? 31596

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. stop itunes from opening cd rom door

3. itunes ejecting cd

4. stop itunes from ejecting disk when closing,
  5. closing itunes windows opens dvd drive