Windows 10: External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't...

Discus and support External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't recognise it, how do I get the DVD to play? I'd also like to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LoraBennett, Aug 26, 2019.

1. External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't...

External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't recognise it, how do I get the DVD to play? I'd also like to be able to use it as i did when i had one internal?? Thank you for any help!!

:)

LoraBennett, Aug 26, 2019

2. DVD Drive Assignment in File Explorer

If I open File Explorer with no media in my DVD Drive, under This Computer I see entries for my OSExternal DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't... :(C), CD DriveExternal DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't... :(F), and External USBExternal DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't... :(G).

When I insert media to the DVD Drive, a new line appears. Immediately under OSExternal DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't... :(C) the next line is now DVD RW DriveExternal DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't... :(D). The line after that is still CD DriveExternal DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't... :(F). I don't have 2 Optical Drives on the PC. only the DVD RW. So why does Windows show both
    D: and F: when there is media in the optical drive and only F: when there is no media? Does Windows 10 think that F: is a second optical drive that doesn't exist? How do I fix it to show only D: in File Explorer, and how do I figure out
    what Windows 10 thinks the F: drive is?

#AZBeagle#, Aug 26, 2019
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Unnamed Drive appearing and D drive disappeared

Things may be changing as I have an SD card plugged into a Laptop and it is coming up as D:

My internal DVD drive is coming up as I: and an external as K:

I have a USB flash drive coming up a J:

If the DVD do not ahve a DVD in them they do not show in File Explorer but they show up in Dusk Management with No Media listed.

lacrumb, Aug 26, 2019
  4. External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't...

My External Toshiba DVD Drive doesn't show up

Hi Charsmann,

The above issue might occur if a drive letter is not allotted to the external drive.

Please reply, did you try removing and re-plugging the driver to the PC?

Since the drive shows in Device manager, I suggest you to remove the external drive and re-plug to check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, check if you are able to open the drive via
    Disk management
    by following the steps below:

• Connect the external drive to the PC, press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option from the context menu. Check if the drive is visible in the window.
    • If visible, right click on the external drive and select Open. Check if you are able to open the drive in
      File Explorer.
    • Close the Disk management window, open File Explorer (Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard) and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the external drive not showing in File Explorer on the PC for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't...

1. External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't... - Similar Threads - External DVD drive

2. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  3. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  4. External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.: I got the 'USB Device Not Recognized' message last week while trying to plug in my external drive, it doesn't show up in file explorer, none of the files have been deleted and as far as I know it is recoverable. Can someone help with this one? Mine is 10586.122 and version...
  5. External Hard Drive not showing up in File Explorer

External Hard Drive not showing up in File Explorer: I have an external hard drive that I can't get to show up in the file explorer, I can see the drive in disk management though. I was thinking the drive doesn't have a letter assigned to it so maybe that's the problem but it won't let me give it one or change it from disk...
  6. Dvd player wont show up as a drive

Dvd player wont show up as a drive: As the title said it won't show up at all I have a interior one on my pc and tried to make sure the cables are tight. and tried uninstalling and installing them again what do I do. Here's what file explorer shows[ATTACH]...
  7. External hard drive doesn't show up in File Explorer

External hard drive doesn't show up in File Explorer: I have an external hard drive that doesn't show up in File Explorer. It does show up in the settings area under Bluetooth and Other Devices. I've been reading online how to resolve this and have seen that possibly a drive letter is not assigned so have tried to go to Disk...
  8. File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive

File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive: I plugged an external "A" drive into my computer via a USB port with File Explorer open. The "A" drive shows up, but only for about 2 seconds and then it goes away. I changed USB ports and it does the same. I checked Device Manager under "Floppy Drives" and it shows the "A"...
  9. Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer

Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer: [ATTACH]My 1 TB hard drive doesn't show up in the file explorer despite me being able to see it in device manager and the defragmenter software in windows 10. I don't want to format my hard drive because it has alot of my personal files and i don't have another computer to...
  10. Windows Media Player and DVD drive

Windows Media Player and DVD drive: Hi, I have a problem burning CD's in Windows Media Player, MP3 files. Not only is this an issue, but my BRAND NEW laptop refuses to read a blank disk. I have to open the device manager and open the DVD/CD rom drives to enable the DVD rom to read a disk.... Kind Regards...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open file explorer to download dvd I bought