Windows 10: external dvd drive

Discus and support external dvd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; can't find my external drive to download softwear on this computer. it is plugged in by usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DebRandol, Apr 17, 2019.

1. DebRandol Win User

external dvd drive

can't find my external drive to download softwear on this computer. it is plugged in by usb

:)

DebRandol, Apr 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 and External DVD drive

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to open the device manager and check if the drive shows up in device manager.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open device manager.

3. Expand DVD/CD-Rom drives and check if the external DVD drive is listed.

4. If so, right click on it and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 17, 2019
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 17, 2019
  4. external dvd drive

External drive

Hi Omer,

Just like Jordan Dom mentioned in his post, this type of issue with your external drive to read DVDs can be caused by an outdated driver. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which version of Windows are you using?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Were you getting any error messages when using the external drive to read DVDs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

external dvd drive

1. external dvd drive - Similar Threads - external dvd drive

2. External CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External CD/DVD Drive: Hi Microsoft : I recently purchased an external cd/dvd drive. The problem is with re-writeable CDs. FORMATTING and re-writing. The unit works with re-writeable DVDs FORMATTING and re-writing. When I checked in DEVICE MANAGER, it lists the drive with the HP brand. Listing it...
  3. External CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External CD/DVD Drive: Hi Microsoft : I recently purchased an external cd/dvd drive. The problem is with re-writeable CDs. FORMATTING and re-writing. The unit works with re-writeable DVDs FORMATTING and re-writing. When I checked in DEVICE MANAGER, it lists the drive with the HP brand. Listing it...
  4. External CD/DVD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External CD/DVD drive: My laptop doesn't have an internal dvd drive and i want to install windows 10 home from a DVD with a external dvd room... Usb 3.0 In boot menu it doesnt have power... When i start the laptop the dvd drive work and the led start blinking but when ASUS logo showed, the dvd...
  5. CD/DVD external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD external drive: When trying to eject a disc from a external driver. I get the following error message: An errer occurred while ejecting yje cd. What does this mean and how do i fix this problem?...
  6. External CD/DVD drives

External CD/DVD drives: After the last Windows update my Computer does not see the external drive. When I connect an external drive the is an indication by the computer that a device has been inserted, but when I go to This Computer it does not show a CD or DVD external drive. Worked well befor...
  7. External dvd drive corrupt

External dvd drive corrupt: I have an old HP dvd 1170 usb external drive and it is self powered. When it is plugged in to the computer it makes the computer hang on the Dell logo screen and will not boot. If I unplug it the computer will boot on up. If I plug it in after windows boots I get a message...
  8. External cd/dvd Drive

External cd/dvd Drive: 2.0 usb external hard drive not working with my 3.0 port laptop. My laptop is a new HP i7, 8gb, 1 tb. The laptop has a 3.0 port and the external drive is a 2.0 Verbatim slimline cd/dvd writer. Using the installation cd, components of the external drive were installed on my...
  9. External dvd drive

External dvd drive: I'm trying to connect a cocopa external dvd reader with no success. Any ideas why it's not connecting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-dvd-drive/89b08ee8-6e6d-4287-a820-3526daeb1b49
  10. External DVD drive question

External DVD drive question: I have a Dell laptop. Along with it I bought a Dell external DVD drive. The drive has about a 12"-15"cable with something I'm going to call an "inductance" clamp near one end of the cable. Some kind of large dongle which appears to be snapped over the cable. I don't see this...