Windows 10: external dvd player

Discus and support external dvd player in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Samsung blu ray dvd player iv'e hooked up to my laptop via HDMI and I cant find it on the comp and it wont play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by charlesgibson3, Jan 18, 2019.

1. external dvd player

I have a Samsung blu ray dvd player iv'e hooked up to my laptop via HDMI and I cant find it on the comp and it wont play

:)

charlesgibson3, Jan 18, 2019

2. How to play a DVD from an external Dell DVD player

My HP envy wil not play a dvd from an external Dell dvd player; Windaows 10? Any suggestions?

***Title modified from: How to play a dvd from an external Dell dvd player; Windaws 10? Any suggestions?***

JeffreyGrant2, Jan 18, 2019
  3. connecting an external CD and DVD player to a PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The things you need to have is: Audio and video cables, Sound- and video-capture drivers compatible with the laptop.

How to Connect a DVD Player to a Laptop

• Download and install DVD player software compatible with Windows laptops.
    • Connect a DVD player to an older laptop by installing a PC memory card with a connection port or a video-capture card with USB. Video cards with a USB cable merely plug into the USB port on a laptop (no special wiring or programming is required).
    • Improve audio and video quality by connecting an older laptop to an external DVD-ROM drive via a USB port on the computer as an alternative to connecting a full-size DVD player. External DVD drives are almost universally plug-and-play, meaning the drive
      only needs to be connected to the laptop to start working automatically.
    Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jan 18, 2019
  4. HTC
    HTC Win User

external dvd player

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

Thema:

external dvd player

1. external dvd player - Similar Threads - external dvd player

2. dvd player

in Windows 10 Customization
    dvd player: After purchasing a windows 10 laptop, I find I must purchase a separate dvd player. I have no problem with this, but how do I install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player/44b466f4-7452-4f61-8dba-f4e587d83014
  3. External DVD Player not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External DVD Player not working: Hello anyone, Running a Windows 10 64-bit OS. Have an external DVD player which up until recently was working fine on the computer. It's an 'Asus Blu Ray Writer SBW-06D2X-U'. My computer randomly couldn't recognise it anymore, it still makes the sound effect when plugged in...
  4. connect external dvd player windows 10

connect external dvd player windows 10: I recently bought an external cd/dvd drive. When it came, the laptop could see the drive, but the tray would not open, after contacting the seller I sent it back as faulty. I have just bought another one. The tray opens and I can hear it reading the disc ok, but the...
  5. external dvd player

external dvd player: my external drive for a dvd player isn't working, why would Microsoft block a usb port.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/00de94a9-ad51-4a91-8597-8cf18e2c7242
  6. Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10

Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10: Why can't Microsoft, a world famous company, do a simple thing like allow users to add external subtitles to their PAID DVD Player App? They appear to have successfully killed off the Windows DVD player market just at the time when users from around the world want to see...
  7. DVD Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Player: Doesn't play. Menus do not appear when selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windvd/dvd-player/f469727b-ad6f-45c1-86fa-1b9122d80780
  8. DVD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD player: Purchased DVD player and installed. Have re-started lap top but DVD will not play and when troubleshooting getting a message to say that player is not detected. the screen shows as below but cannot press play button...
  9. Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player

Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player: Is there a compatible external cd/dvd writer/player that supports Windows 10? The only ones I see are supported up to Windows 8. 20991
  10. DVD player?

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD player?: Windows does not play video DVD. What is god software to replace it? 90945