Windows 10: external dvd player

Discus and support external dvd player in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to plug in a dvd player into my windows 10 laptop with an hdmi cable and watch the dvd on my laptop screen screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thepatrician57, Sep 4, 2019.

1. external dvd player

I want to plug in a dvd player into my windows 10 laptop with an hdmi cable and watch the dvd on my laptop screen screen

:)

thepatrician57, Sep 4, 2019

2. How to play a DVD from an external Dell DVD player

My HP envy wil not play a dvd from an external Dell dvd player; Windaows 10? Any suggestions?

***Title modified from: How to play a dvd from an external Dell dvd player; Windaws 10? Any suggestions?***

JeffreyGrant2, Sep 4, 2019
  3. connecting an external CD and DVD player to a PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The things you need to have is: Audio and video cables, Sound- and video-capture drivers compatible with the laptop.

How to Connect a DVD Player to a Laptop

• Download and install DVD player software compatible with Windows laptops.
    • Connect a DVD player to an older laptop by installing a PC memory card with a connection port or a video-capture card with USB. Video cards with a USB cable merely plug into the USB port on a laptop (no special wiring or programming is required).
    • Improve audio and video quality by connecting an older laptop to an external DVD-ROM drive via a USB port on the computer as an alternative to connecting a full-size DVD player. External DVD drives are almost universally plug-and-play, meaning the drive
      only needs to be connected to the laptop to start working automatically.
    Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 4, 2019
  4. HTC
    HTC Win User

external dvd player

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

Thema:

external dvd player

1. external dvd player - Similar Threads - external dvd player

2. External DVD player not Playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  3. external dvd cdr player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external dvd cdr player: New HP laptop, windows10 and I can NOT get an external dvd NOT BLU RAY movie or cdr audio to play. It recognizes the drive, and disc spins, then autoplay pops up only in file explorer, then file explorer stops responding.... 2 drives returned so far... I guess I need help on...
  4. Installation of external dvd player.

Installation of external dvd player.: With my new laptop purchase yesterday I'm not allowed to upload my vital external dvd player? I have been trying to troubleshoot all morning. My continued frustrating response on my new computer is "the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" I...
  5. external dvd player

external dvd player: My external dvd player disappears when I insert disc and will not play discs, fires up and then stops, fires up and then stops. Doesn't discriminate between dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/25f6c492-9767-4cfd-93a7-5061726564ce
  6. External DVD Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD Player: My external DVD player can play store-bought DVD's, but when I try to play a dvd I burned, I get the error message "D:\ the directory name is invalid". How can I fix this problem?...
  7. external dvd player

external dvd player: my external dvd player is not being recognized by my pc windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/ad0eddd8-5e47-48ce-af1d-9cb67f034897
  8. external dvd player

external dvd player: I want to watch dvd's by plugging in my dvd player into my windows 10 laptop. there is a hdmi cable coming from the dvd player-does it need to have a USB end to plug into my laptop? I have tried plugging in the existing cable that has an hdmi end but nothing happens...
  9. external dvd player

external dvd player: I have a Samsung blu ray dvd player iv'e hooked up to my laptop via HDMI and I cant find it on the comp and it wont play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/a1ec73ac-4594-4faa-8f33-b94daeae1893
  10. external dvd player

external dvd player: my external drive for a dvd player isn't working, why would Microsoft block a usb port.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/00de94a9-ad51-4a91-8597-8cf18e2c7242