Windows 10: External DVD writer

Discus and support External DVD writer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Samsung external DVD writer model SE-S084 connected on my system and I can't write to a cd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HansLindberg1, Feb 14, 2019.

1. External DVD writer

I have a Samsung external DVD writer model SE-S084 connected on my system and I can't write to a cd

:)

HansLindberg1, Feb 14, 2019

2. Recent Update crashes external DVD Writer

I tried all the suggestions except editing the registry. I was not able to determine which update kept knocking the DVD writer offline.

I ended up doing a clean install of Windows 10 after converting my drive to UEFI. Believing I had my file history on the external drive as a "backup", I then lost ALL my files. (I'll never do that again!)

I left all external devices unplugged while installing Win10, installed all updates, then plugged my external drive, and DVD writer in.

Everything is currently working.

JodiStambough, Feb 14, 2019
  3. LG 24x External DVD Writer/GE24 does not load

Hi

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the DVD Writer is detected and listed in Device Manager.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

If the DVD Writer is not listed in the Device Manager, let us run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.
      • Click on Troubleshooting in the search results.
      • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on
        Next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update DVD-ROM drivers and check.

If the DVD Writer is listed in the Device Manager, lets Update the DVD-ROM driver.

• Press Windows key + R on the Keyboard.

• Type in devmgmt.msc and click on
      Ok

• Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending
      DVD/CD-ROM drivers.

• Right click on the Graphic driver and click on
      Update driver Software.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 14, 2019
  4. External DVD writer

LG DVD writer

hi I have a new external LG dvd writer and I cannot make it play the DVD automaticaly. How should it configure it?

The DVD writer is GP65

Maria MercedesCibeira, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

External DVD writer

1. External DVD writer - Similar Threads - External DVD writer

2. External cd/dvd writer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External cd/dvd writer: I purchased a Verbatim Slimline cd/dvd writer and cannot get it installed on my Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-writer/9b9479f9-7f37-419a-b192-df4925cbc8a9
  3. Windows media player wont copy to external dvd writer

Windows media player wont copy to external dvd writer: Has anyone else had this issue. When I try to copy some music from my library, it wont do it. it says that the drive is in use but it isn't....
  4. Samsung external DVD/CD writer on windows 10.

Samsung external DVD/CD writer on windows 10.: I need to use my external DVD/CD writer I have used it before but I was in windows 7.I am now using windows 10,can you help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-external-dvdcd-writer-on-windows-10/54b50d6c-fe72-43b1-a809-0729fc47cc0d
  5. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I bought DVD+R to burn files to with my DVD Writer and the disks are unusable. What is the proper type DVD Disks to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-writer/291ebd36-15de-49be-9aee-7cf30dca0515
  6. portable / external DVD drive / writer?

portable / external DVD drive / writer?: Most of them are ranged from 20 to 30 US dollars on Amazon. Are they practically the same quality build and the only difference is the writing speed /reading speed etc?And there is no critical difference? btw, which brand do you recommend? 119820
  7. External DVD reader/writer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD reader/writer: After the last windows update, windows does not start any external DVD reader/writer, which always worked. Device manager gives code 19. Rolled back but problem persists. Drives work fine when connected to other desktop, laptop etc....
  8. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I recently had to buy a new laptop. It is a very nice Asus but doesn't have the CD drive I had in my old computer. I was sold a DVD Writer. Can I play my music CD's on this Writer?...
  9. Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player

Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player: Is there a compatible external cd/dvd writer/player that supports Windows 10? The only ones I see are supported up to Windows 8. 20991
  10. DVD writer not recognised

DVD writer not recognised: My laptop DVD writer showed as such in device manager, but in Windows it only showed as a CD drive and would not recognise DVDs On the advice of a friend, I deleted the CD registry key, in the belief that are a reboot it would go back to normal. unfortunaely it's not...