Windows 10: External floppy disk drive for embroidery machines is not consistently working

Discus and support External floppy disk drive for embroidery machines is not consistently working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have embroidery machines that work on floppy disk files. I have an external drive that I export the files to in order to take the file to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Embroidery 99, Nov 13, 2019.

1. External floppy disk drive for embroidery machines is not consistently working

I have embroidery machines that work on floppy disk files. I have an external drive that I export the files to in order to take the file to the machine. The files are not consistently being recognized by my machines. I will get an error. If I go to an older computer and pull up the file and then take it to the machine, it will work. It appears that the problem is with Windows 10 enterface with floppy disk drives. There are many users out there that have situations where they have to use floppy disks on their machines. Can you give me a solution to this dilemna?

:)

Embroidery 99, Nov 13, 2019

2. Floppy Disk Drive (AExternal floppy disk drive for embroidery machines is not consistently working :)

I have a Dell floppy drive module (external) that I use for downloading machine embroidery patterns 3.5 floppy - not for DVD's. It doesn't work with Windows 10. I contacted Dell and Windows and they were no help. I'd be willing to buy a new device if that
    is what it takes but am afraid the new device won't be any more compatible than my old one. I was told to go to start, then devices and "download" the connection but that isn't working. Neither Dell nor Windows offered any help but I did find a Dell device
    online that is supposed to work. It's been a really stressful afternoon.

PennyHammack, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    trying get external iomega floppy drive to work with windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the current Windows 10 build version installed on your computer?
    2. Are you able to use the Floppy drive on a different computer?
    As there is a prompt on the screen saying the software is loaded, I suggest you to open the Disk Management and see if you are able to see the device under it.

Follow these steps to open Disk Management.

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Disk Management.

Scroll down the Disk management window and check if the Floppy drive is visible, if yes.

• Right click on the Floppy drive.
    • Click on Change drive Letter and Paths.
    • Click on Change.
    • Assign the drive letter you need and click on
      OK
    • Click OK to close the window.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Nov 13, 2019
  4. JClaude B Win User

External floppy disk drive for embroidery machines is not consistently working

Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(

Hello all

I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date!

The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this!

Yet in the "Device Manager", a driver error for the floppy drive appears (normal there is n ...) and the floppy disk icon appears in the workstation!

Screenshot of the error

I easily managed to delete the icon in the workstation from the registry, but I can not find how to disable this "floppy drive" in the device list !!

Of course there is no option in the BIOS of the machine because (as I said before) no drive is provided on the motherboard.

Does anyone have the trick to "erase" this device in the Windows 10 "Device Manager"?

Thanks for your help

A +

Jean Claude

JClaude B, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

External floppy disk drive for embroidery machines is not consistently working

1. External floppy disk drive for embroidery machines is not consistently working - Similar Threads - External floppy disk

2. External floppy drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External floppy drive: Will Microsoft ever come out with a driver to support external floppy drives for windows 10 pro? What have you done to windows 10 & 10 pro? So so many people want a answer. * Moved from Mobile Devices...
  3. Floppy disk drive driver

Floppy disk drive driver: I have a Sony external USB FDD identified by my Windows 10 control panel as MPF-MSRW1. Although my PC identifies it as present, the driver it has used does not seem to work. I have used Troubleshooter and Update Driver facilities but neither is able to determine a driver that...
  4. Why won't Windows 10 read 3.5" floppy disk on external USB floppy drive?

Why won't Windows 10 read 3.5" floppy disk on external USB floppy drive?: Is there a fix to make Windows 10 read 3.5 floppy disks on a USB floppy disk drive. The drive shows up in the Devices and Printers screen but when I right click on the device and choose "Browse files" and then choose "Floppy Disk DriveA:" it replies "A:\ is not accessible....
  5. Floppy disk drive not reading disks

Floppy disk drive not reading disks: I have an external floppy disk drive that I have been using and it has stopped working with the message: "A: is not accessible. The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted."...
  6. Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(

Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...
  7. Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(

in Windows 10 News
    Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...
  8. Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(

Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...
  9. iomega external floppy disk drive on Windows 10

iomega external floppy disk drive on Windows 10: I am trying to install an iomega external floppy disk drive on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iomega-external-floppy-disk-drive-on-windows-10/5e213f55-7250-4293-8eb9-c3182527c23e
  10. download .PES machine embroidery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download .PES machine embroidery: Why can't I download .PES files for machine embroidery now? I have done it in the past now I just get a message about Windows Media Player...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. embroidery machine will not read floppy formatted in windows 10