Windows 10: External GPS on Windows 10?

Discus and support External GPS on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Trimble GPS device which connects to Windows using Bluetooth and I would like to use its GPS data in Location Manager so that all apps which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jruland, Jan 25, 2021.

1. jruland Win User

External GPS on Windows 10?

I have a Trimble GPS device which connects to Windows using Bluetooth and I would like to use its GPS data in Location Manager so that all apps which use Location Manager end up using this device's GPS data instead of the Windows default. Is there a way to select the device to use for GPS data/location? Or any other way to get Windows to use this device? I have spent some time Googling and cannot find anything on the subject.

:)

jruland, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 25, 2021
  4. hakapes Win User

Bluetooth GPS for N8 - any experiences?

I am using Endomondo.com app on my Nokia N8 to track cyclcing, running, walking.

Unfortunately, without A-GPS (like abroad), the lock in time can be very long, even 15-30 min.

What is more, sometimes the signal is lost without A-GPS.

Both are very annoying when doing a workout.

I am considering to buy an external Bluetooth GPS.

Maybe this one:
    Qstartz BT-Q1300 nano

• Any suggestions, warnings to use an external GPS with the N8?
    • Will my endomondo.com app be able to lock the signal with the external GPS, or only with the itnernal one?
    • How much the battery consumption will increase/decrease, if I use the external GPS instead of the internal GPS?
    • Can there be any compatibility issues?
    Thanks!

hakapes, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

1. External GPS on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - External GPS

2. external HD : RAW to files invisbles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external HD : RAW to files invisbles: Hello,I had my work hard drive attached to my main pc.The power shortage in my compound made the external HD to a RAW status it was before a exFAT I thinkthen when back on, it came out as RAW.so, I first changed the drive letter, but it did not come back.I then did chkdsk /r...
  3. external HD : RAW to files invisbles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external HD : RAW to files invisbles: Hello,I had my work hard drive attached to my main pc.The power shortage in my compound made the external HD to a RAW status it was before a exFAT I thinkthen when back on, it came out as RAW.so, I first changed the drive letter, but it did not come back.I then did chkdsk /r...
  4. external HD : RAW to files invisbles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse: My Windows 10 LGgram laptop is connected by HDMI to an Dell S2721 external monitor with only the external monitor display on. The external monitor screen will go blank in various situations using Word document, doing internet searches etc. and the screen will reappear when I...
  6. My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse: My Windows 10 LGgram laptop is connected by HDMI to an Dell S2721 external monitor with only the external monitor display on. The external monitor screen will go blank in various situations using Word document, doing internet searches etc. and the screen will reappear when I...
  7. My external monitor screen goes blank than reappears when I move my mouse

8. How to disable keyboard key on laptop, without affecting external keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable keyboard key on laptop, without affecting external keyboard?: Hey guess any help would be appreciated. I gave my gf my old gaming laptop Asus tuf f15 rtx 3060 It's running windows 11. A while ago it started having this bug where the number 9 would just constantly be pressed down. There was no issue with the keyboard itself mechanically....
  9. How to disable keyboard key on laptop, without affecting external keyboard?

How to disable keyboard key on laptop, without affecting external keyboard?: Hey guess any help would be appreciated. I gave my gf my old gaming laptop Asus tuf f15 rtx 3060 It's running windows 11. A while ago it started having this bug where the number 9 would just constantly be pressed down. There was no issue with the keyboard itself mechanically....
  10. Laptop not recognising internal monitor only external?

Laptop not recognising internal monitor only external?: I usually work with 2 external monitors and have my laptop closed, however I am working out of office and need to use the laptop but the screen will not show up. The keyboard is fully functional but the display will not work. I have tried to change the display projection...