Windows 10: External GPU on Dell

Discus and support External GPU on Dell in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So I need help finding a cheap external GPU slot and gpu to put on my laptop. I have a Dell Latitude E5430 and I dont want to have to take out my wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Corey132, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Corey132 Win User

External GPU on Dell

So I need help finding a cheap external GPU slot and gpu to put on my laptop. I have a Dell Latitude E5430 and I dont want to have to take out my wifi card. I have an HDMI slot and a VGA slot. What can I buy for cheap?

Corey132, Sep 21, 2019
  2. ambision Win User

My External GPU Challenge

• I really have a tough conundrum today;
      I’m trying to connect an external GPU to my laptop…
      What I have:
      • Computer - Sony Vaio e series laptop (EA37FH), with a dedicated internal GPU ATI mobility HD 5670
      • External card unit – SAWAKE EXP GDC Beast Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock
      • Discrete GPU card – Powercolor HD 7990
      • Extra PSU – Thermaltake Tough power 650W
      [ALL OF MY GEAR IS BEING DETAILED WITH SPECS AND PICTURES RESPECTIVELY]
      Shutterfly

Avi Assayag

What I’m trying to do:

1. physically connect the e-gpu to my system via the express card port. The card is lighting up, the psu is working just fine (go)
      2. making my OS (windows 7 x64) recognize the new card in “device manager” (go)
      3. play games and running 3d mark benchmarks with the use of the e-gpu (no go)

My problems and symptoms:

1. I am unable to install the driver set of my external gpu on this laptop: It just “runs” a super-fast iteration of the installation without doing any real installations of the software. Also, Its’s not even synching between the software and the new hardware. (no go)
      2. I tried to uninstall the mobility dedicated internal gpu with DDU and completely disabling and uninstalling it from the device manager. I also made sure windows will not automatically install the drivers for the mobility gpu (no go)
      3. So basically. There “is no way” to install the dedicated new drivers for the hd7990, even if I completely disable the inboard gpu (no go)
      4. I heard of a way of doing it with a special bios hack with a 25$ software that I just didn’t seem to be able to find – and trust me that I am quite good at searching. (no go)

My question:

1. Can any of you tech-savvy engineers/super-geeks/crazy technicians help me figure this out?
      2. If and how can I disable the internal GPU with a magic bios hack or anything else?
      3. Can you please help me with tutorials, experience-based advices, useful links to software and manuals?
      4. If any of you people did it before, and struggled like I am – please dig me out of this pit hole of a mess I am in right now.
      Praise Cthulhu

ambision, Sep 21, 2019
  3. How to play a DVD from an external Dell DVD player

My HP envy wil not play a dvd from an external Dell dvd player; Windaows 10? Any suggestions?

***Title modified from: How to play a dvd from an external Dell dvd player; Windaws 10? Any suggestions?***

JeffreyGrant2, Sep 21, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

External GPU on Dell

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

Thema:

External GPU on Dell

1. External GPU on Dell - Similar Threads - External GPU Dell

2. My PC doesn't use external GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC doesn't use external GPU: My pc Dell Vostro 12 3445 is not using external GPU i have installed official video drivers from dell's driver page for my laptop i also tried installing drivers from amd's website but it doesn't works for my software, as per amd's instruction to force softwares to use...
  3. Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu: So my laptop is a dell vostro 14 5480 which suppose to have a nvidia gpuBut the thing is registering the igpu not the nvidia gpu that it supposed toSo what is the problem...
  4. Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu: So my laptop is a dell vostro 14 5480 which suppose to have a nvidia gpuBut the thing is registering the igpu not the nvidia gpu that it supposed toSo what is the problem...
  5. Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. external speakers on Dell

external speakers on Dell: My external speakers to my Dell computer don't seem to be working. They were purchased only a few months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers-on-dell/2961effc-72dc-4901-a970-89eab06b7784
  7. Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?: Hello, so my friend's Dell G3 3779 is not using the Nvidia GPU for gaming and using the integrated one, this is on a freshly installed win10 with latest BIOS, and the latest drivers make it run minecraft at 12 FPS We tried installing older nvidia drivers and the performance...
  8. NVIDIA extends external monitor instead of GPU

NVIDIA extends external monitor instead of GPU: Hi Ms, I would be really happy if you can give me some tip how to solve such kind of issue as I am troubleshooting it more than 4 hours. It is about HP ZBook 15 G5. Until now I was working with the Intel graphic card while solving some things and not working with my 3D...
  9. Dell Inspiron GPU Driver Problem

Dell Inspiron GPU Driver Problem: There is a problem with Dell's latest Intel HD graphics driver for the Inspiron 7537 - driver file Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver_8V48Y_WIN_20.19.15.4835_A07.EXE. The installation fails since the inf fie doesn't include the HD4400 GPU. A manual update via Device Manager shows the...
  10. My External GPU Challenge

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My External GPU Challenge: I really have a tough conundrum today; I’m trying to connect an external GPU to my laptop… What I have: Computer - Sony Vaio e series laptop (EA37FH), with a dedicated internal GPU ATI mobility HD 5670 External card unit – SAWAKE EXP GDC Beast Laptop External...