Windows 10: External hard disk does not work properly?

Discus and support External hard disk does not work properly? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my dad bought me an external hard drive today, on which he first installed Windows (i have a Mac), then installed Steam, and finally installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MagicNight020, Jun 29, 2020.

1. External hard disk does not work properly?

Hello,

my dad bought me an external hard drive today, on which he first installed Windows (i have a Mac), then installed Steam, and finally installed sims 4. when he wanted to show me how to start the whole thing with Windows, it didn't work, Windows just didn't start but the hard drive was running... macOS still works, so what could be the problem?

:)

MagicNight020, Jun 29, 2020

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Can't find External Hard disk?

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us.

To assist you better, please provide us more information

• Did you tried all the methods from my previous response?

• What is the make and model of the external disk?

• Does the external device is detecting on Disk management?
    The issue you are facing could be due to external disk driver is being outdated. You can also try below steps to update the external disk driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager.

• Click on Universal Serial Bus to expand it, right click on the
      device and Update it.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 29, 2020
  4. External hard disk does not work properly?

external hard disk recognition

external hard disk is listed in device manager but I cannot access the disk etc

IanMacArthur, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

External hard disk does not work properly?

1. External hard disk does not work properly? - Similar Threads - External hard disk

2. External hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard disk: Hello everyoneI'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while.I've recently bought a new external hard drive, an upgrade for my old one in terms of size and speed, the thing is by chance I've...
  3. External hard disk issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard disk issues: Hello Aklesh Gond, Unfortunately I save the recovery key certificate on external hard drive only, which is encrypted now.Not sure how to decrypt this external hard drive and recover my data.RegardsAtith...
  4. external hard disk drive is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard disk drive is not working: I have a Lenovo e470 laptop with windows 10 pro 1909 version OS. It is an office laptop hence it has certain security locks and administrative set ups. Now the issue is...I have a Seagate 1TB HDD which I have been using on this laptop for the last 4+ years. Suddenly since...
  5. external hard disk drive is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external hard disk drive is not working: I have a Lenovo e470 laptop with windows 10 pro 1909 version OS. It is an office laptop hence it has certain security locks and administrative set ups. Now the issue is...I have a Seagate 1TB HDD which I have been using on this laptop for the last 4+ years. Suddenly since...
  6. external hard disk drive is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. External hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard disk not detected: Hi, not too sure if this is a windows problem but whenever I connect my external hard disk it gets detected but then I can't see it in the file explorer. The hard disk is new, the laptop's ports are all okay I connected a flash disk and I was able to see that. submitted by...
  8. Recording to external hard disk?

Recording to external hard disk?: I will do a 24 hour stream soon and I will get an external hard drive because I want to record the stream. Can I record the stream directly to an external hard drive from Streamlabs OBS? Aufnahme auf Externe Festplatte?
  9. Search not working on external hard disk

in Cortana
    Search not working on external hard disk: All my files are visible in (and are opening from) the file explorer window on my external hard drive. [ATTACH] But when I try to search for a file (even when I can see it) from the search box of file explorer window, it says "No items match your search". [ATTACH] But...
  10. external hard disk

external hard disk: external hard disk is not displaying n even not located also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disk/62353490-2070-486b-a356-a179ff281d28